Fancy a new leak for the BlackBerry Torch? Of course you do. It took a while but here is OS 6.0.0.600 for the BlackBerry Torch 980. No list of what, exactly has changed as of yet but you all know what to do.

FreakShare - Easy One-Click File Hosting
    uploaded.to - where your files have to be uploaded to (mirror)
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/pUEE6VS
    06-21-11 03:04 AM
    Guess I will be the person to say, please don't post that you have downloaded it. We don't care. We are more interested in your findings after you have installed it.
    Thanks
    06-21-11 03:23 AM
    I'm on it

Thanks
    06-21-11 03:30 AM
    Will download when I get in, and provide another link

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 03:43 AM
    Finally .600 release! Thanks for sharing.

06-21-11 04:05 AM
    Nice nice.
    06-21-11 04:06 AM
    downloading now !!!
    are you SERIOUS????? did you read the second post in this thread???? NO ONE CARES you are downloading it. just post your results. i dont understand how people cannot figure this crap out after all of these findings/fixes threads.
    06-21-11 04:12 AM
    here my first impressions:

+Browser is very fast (havent noticed a speedup like this in any previous version)

-Wallpaper is flickering while navigating through the menu
    06-21-11 04:17 AM
    Whos leak is that?

Mirror FileServe: http://www.fileserve.com/file/pUEE6VS
    Last edited by rroyy; 06-21-11 at 05:24 AM.
    bluemax413 likes this.
    06-21-11 04:21 AM
    will this work on my PlayBook?

bluemax413 likes this.
    06-21-11 04:21 AM
    Can somebody please provide a different link? Thanks
    06-21-11 04:31 AM
    Very good question. Somehow it missed being put in with the leak announcement.
    06-21-11 04:34 AM
    will this work on my PlayBook?

Sure It'll ((= but I'm not sure If I can use it on my Sony Cassette Player =))
    06-21-11 04:34 AM
    Keep in mind. For you Playbook owners! You MUST update your BBM after you install this OS in order to use BBM on your bridge/playbook. Do so by doing either of the following:
    1) app world on your phone
    2) blackberry.com/messenger.

The latest official version is 5.0.3.22
    06-21-11 04:36 AM
    here my first impressions:

+Browser is very fast (havent noticed a speedup like this in any previous version)

-Wallpaper is flickering while navigating through the menu
    is the latter a good thing or a bad thing?? please explain what you mean.
    katlegob likes this.
    06-21-11 04:51 AM
    Leaks in the middle of the night?!? Ay carumba!

Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    06-21-11 04:59 AM
    Keep in mind. For you Playbook owners! You MUST update your BBM after you install this OS in order to use BBM on your bridge/playbook. Do so by doing either of the following:
    1) app world on your phone
    2) blackberry.com/messenger.

The latest official version is 5.0.3.22
    I don't want to jinx myself, but with my last 2 or 3 upgrades I've shrunk BBM out of the new load, and my previous (and higher) version has remained intact instead of also being deleted.
    06-21-11 05:02 AM
    If this is as good as .600 for 9700, you Torch users are in for a treat !
    Great batterylife and memleak next to nothing.
    Best OS6 untill now, don't hesitate and wait. Wipe and install !!

Enjoy !

06-21-11 05:07 AM
    is the latter a good thing or a bad thing?? please explain what you mean.
    the flickering is a bad thing.
    I mean if you are switching between the tabs (home, favourite, media...) the wallpaper gets a little bit brighter for a second and then darker.
    06-21-11 05:14 AM
    the flickering is a bad thing.
    I mean if you are switching between the tabs (home, favourite, media...) the wallpaper gets a little bit brighter for a second and then darker.
    Same here though I don't find it irritating, would not have noticed it if i wasn't told so. No noticeable changes so far for me...
    06-21-11 05:21 AM
    Downloading now..... Sorry just had to

No noticeable difference between this build and the 600 hybrid. Haven't noticed the screen flickering since I never use stock OS6 theme. After a couple days will report on battery life.
    06-21-11 05:45 AM
    Sorry to ask a stupid question, but can someone provide a brief overview on how to wipe the OS before the new install? Thanks.
    06-21-11 06:26 AM
    Sorry to ask a stupid question, but can someone provide a brief overview on how to wipe the OS before the new install? Thanks.
    There is no reason to wipe before upgrading your OS. BB Desktop Software does that for you when you upgrade.
    06-21-11 06:49 AM
    06-21-11 07:04 AM
    06-21-11 07:04 AM
225 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD