I have no idea what all of these people are talking about. This build has been just fine for me. Good responsiveness, great battery life and no annoying pocket dialing. I think this is a great build after using it for three days now. Maybe some more battery pulls need to be done around here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Velize likes this.
    08-20-11 05:42 AM
    I have no idea what all of these people are talking about. This build has been just fine for me. Good responsiveness, great battery life and no annoying pocket dialing. I think this is a great build after using it for three days now. Maybe some more battery pulls need to be done around here.

Yes I totally agree. Best build I have used so far and I've let it set in for weeks. It handles some apps with poor execution (like BerrySlider and Mega Tower Assault) but besides that the battery and speed is phenomenal.

(Sent using Tapatalk)
    08-20-11 12:18 PM
    Hi there, so I just found this leak on here yesterday, as I have not looked on the site since May.
    I have never had a prob b4 uploading a new leak.
    But this one I have been trying and it will not show up on DM, to update.
    I deleted it and am going to try again, and take suggestion to disconnect internet b4 I do anything else.
    So here's hoping it works!
    Phone software says 6.0 Bundle 2647 (v6.0.0.600, platform 6.6.0.223)
    FYI:Insurance just sent me this torch few days ago.

So am I confused?? Is this the full update???

Sorry
    08-21-11 04:08 PM
    If you are on v6.0.0.600, platform 6.6.0.223, that is the latest update whether you got it through this leak or it was official.

For most, it has been released officially now... Press "check for updates" on Desktop Manager.

(Sent using Tapatalk)
    Velize likes this.
    08-21-11 05:18 PM
    Thank you Tyler---I did finally figure that out--thank you for letting me know. weird, when I had downloaded it last night, it showed up in application updates, and I hit 'Apply' it looked like it updated, but it was rather quick and did not notice anything different, so I thought the update was not complete. And i was confused with the bundle number saying '2647'.
    Also I had no ring tones--all were gone.
    So I just wiped and am going to restore again, and check for updates as you said.
    Anyways---thank you
    08-21-11 07:18 PM
    Yes you are welcome I did a clean wipe too before installing .600 and I am very happy with it.

I think application updates only apply to your core apps and OS6 system. But when you check for updates, you are given the option to load a completely new OS.

(Sent using Tapatalk)
    Velize likes this.
    08-21-11 08:43 PM
    I am really impressed with the battery life of this build. I have been using my torch for two days with moderate use and I am still at 60% (I haven't been using it for music or anything though, a lot of web surfing in and out of wi-fi though).

08-21-11 09:15 PM
    Thanks again Tyler!
    Yes now it all works great!, going to see how long the battery life is going to be.
    But right away I did notice, my applications from appworld that I had to re-install, loaded up fast and smoothly, I could do a few at the same time.
    BBM 6.0.0.129, looks great and is working fine, which is usually what gets buggy for me after an upgrade and text! Lets see how it keeps up!
    G-Night all!
    08-22-11 12:24 AM
    Okay, after using this build for four days I can report that I was able to get three days of moderate use out of the battery before having to recharge. Lots of internet surfing went into the last three days, mostly on Wi-Fi, some videos, and some music listening. I have to say, I am super impressed that a smartphone with a touchscreen of this size was able to get three days worth of battery life on a 1280ma battery. Loving this build. However, the Only problem I have found is most of the youtube videos I try to play will not play. Might be a wrong setting though.

08-23-11 04:55 AM
    Same here. I do not understand the general hate for this build.

For me, this has been the most stable and snappy OS by far, while having amazing battery life (2+ days on a charge, moderate to heavy use). But then again, I always do a full wipe before installing any new OS, and go thru the entire process of letting the new OS settle in...
    08-25-11 02:30 AM
    Its now been over 2 months since the last leak, when before it seemed like they were coming one per week!

Will we no longer see Torch leaks?
    08-25-11 07:31 AM
    Just installed it... 2 first things are Your BBM conversations are gone (not contacts there still there ) but Your whatsapp conversations are still there ..

So for people that use BBM also for work ( like me ) and have importand information in there back that up somewhere !!!

Edit :
    When i scroll to next photo in the photo album it dossent goes that smooth in the old OS you would see a loading icon for a sec thats gone but now going to a next picture makes the phone feel like you are using an old flashbased phone
    Last edited by Sn3ak3r; 08-26-11 at 12:16 AM.
    08-26-11 12:10 AM
    Can the torch 9800 get a new touch keyboard!
    08-26-11 11:45 AM
    I'm sorry, but I'm on the mobile sight and I can't find this with the search, my youtube isn't working at all from their mobile sight. I can't watch any videos. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a way to fix it?

08-27-11 01:51 AM
    ok finally put on .600 on the basis nothing new for ages.

So all ok apart from one thing - go into messages -> options -> Email Accoun Management

I get Unable to open email set-up application. Contact your wireless service provider.

Had a hunt around and called orange but no joy. Have re-run apploader and the email setup app is selected etc.

Any ideas?

ta
    09-15-11 06:11 AM
    the Call/Manu/Return/Hangup lights keep lid on, had to reboot my Torch to get it act normally. Finally i had to Wipe Device then re-flashed, everything working well now.
    there's no leak for Torch over 3 months now, like to have something new on my Torch
    09-24-11 05:05 PM
    the Call/Manu/Return/Hangup lights keep lid on, had to reboot my Torch to get it act normally. Finally i had to Wipe Device then re-flashed, everything working well now.
    there's no leak for Torch over 3 months now, like to have something new on my Torch
    Check the sticky, it has the new official OS.

09-24-11 05:22 PM
    Check the sticky, it has the new official OS.

thanks, i've just found it here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...dafone-653716/
    09-24-11 05:35 PM
    FYI 6.0.0.650 was also officially released by a carrier this morning.

I'm sticking with 666 for now myself.
    09-27-11 06:06 PM
    FYI 6.0.0.650 was also officially released by a carrier this morning.

I'm sticking with 666 for now myself.
    Hi Elite, which carrier might that be? Keen to share?

09-27-11 06:12 PM
    Hi Elite, which carrier might that be? Keen to share?
    I'm always keen to share!

It was Virgin Media. Here's the thread in the 9800 Forum:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-media-654824/

It was Stickied too for awhile, but now isn't any longer.

EDIT: Ok looks like you already found it on your own!
    09-27-11 07:42 PM
    Does not support my blue tooth. Have to try to download to a previous system. what a pain.
    10-10-11 11:32 PM
    Does not support my blue tooth. Have to try to download to a previous system. what a pain.
    How so?

Sometimes with a new OS you have to delete a BT device, then add it again as a new device. Did you try that?

Also had you performed a battery pull and then tried again?

PS - OS 650, 666, and 668 have all been released, and with relatively good feedback.
    They each have a thread in the 9800 Forum, since they were officially released. So if 600 isn't working, don't roll back � just jump up to 668!
    10-11-11 12:48 PM
    could someone give the link that works please
    10-24-12 11:03 AM
    AT&T is one of the last carriers to still have this build as the "current official version".

But, why bother with a build that is over a year old, when there have been several other builds released since. Including the latest build .747 from Telus...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-747-a-750125/

Works much better than .600

Although, why that thread hasn't been stickied to the top of that group, I don't know. The one now at the top is .723 and about 10 months old and no longer the "latest".
    11-08-12 01:02 PM
225 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD