06-21-11 07:08 AM
    ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE
    {snip}
    That's quick? Unnecessarily cumbersome, IME. This is the quick, easy, and correct way to do it, at least with a leak (you do not need to delete vendor.xml with a leak):

1. Download the OS and install it (i.e., run the .exe file).
    2. Connect your BB and run BB Desktop Software (v. 6.0 or greater). When it asks if you want to install the update, click on "Get update."
    3. Accept the subsequent default Data Backup option (which has "Back up device data" checked and "Encrypt backup data" unchecked) by clicking on "Install update."

The rest takes care of itself....
    Last edited by JasW; 06-21-11 at 11:11 AM.
    pmccartney likes this.
    06-21-11 07:28 AM
    waiting for the 9780 version
    06-21-11 07:41 AM
    will this work on my PlayBook?

hahahhahaha! good one
    06-21-11 07:49 AM
    ok downloaded and loaded onto my phone, things seem to be the same, but then again i dont notice too much, but now that im at work, i'll see how the battery does for the next few days.
    06-21-11 08:09 AM
    Has the blank app screen problem been fixed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 08:20 AM
    i'm really interested in knowing if the weaksauce radio has improved. 576 sucked.
    Last edited by the brother; 06-21-11 at 09:07 AM.
    06-21-11 08:34 AM
    That's quick? Unnecessarily cumbersome, IME. This is the quick, easy, and correct way to do it, at least with a leak (you do not need to delete vendor.xml with a leak):

1. Remove any prior OS from your PC with Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
    2. Download the OS and install it (i.e., run the .exe file).
    3. Connect your BB and run BB Desktop Software (v. 6.0 or greater). When it asks if you want to install the update, click on "Get update."
    4. Accept the subsequent default Data Backup option (which has "Back up device data" checked and "Encrypt backup data" unchecked) by clicking on "Install update."

The rest takes care of itself....
    If you want to do it even quicker, skip step one. There's no need to remove prior OS's for an OS update, and it gives you the option of going back to an older one at any point. I have every 9800 OS since .246 installed on my computer.
    06-21-11 08:38 AM
    Anyone tried the bridge browser with this leak? Right now with .526 the bridge browser works great. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

06-21-11 08:40 AM
    MediaFire Mirror:
    mediafire.com/?a59ky9asm6lh0ml]9800AllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel2647_PL6.6.0.223_A6.0.0.60 0.exe
    06-21-11 08:46 AM
    Even though I was pretty much satisfied with .576, I couldn't resist downloading this. Will report of battery and other differences in a couple of days but I got to say that the browser is lightning quick for a Blackberry!
    06-21-11 08:49 AM
    Can someone check to see if the issue with dialling from call screen using touch is fixed. Instead of using track pad to select a person to dial. If this is fixed I will update. Actually I will probably update anyway I've had 4 or 5 hard locks of the BB with the previous build. Never had hard locks before.
    06-21-11 09:05 AM
    Can someone check to see if the issue with dialing from call screen using touch is fixed. Instead of using track pad to select a person to dial. If this is fixed I will update. Actually I will probably update anyway I've had 4 or 5 hard locks of the BB with the previous build. Never had hard locks before.
    I'm able to navigate using touch from one name to another from my "Dialed" list if that answers your questions.
    PicmanPanther likes this.
    06-21-11 09:22 AM
    I'm able to navigate using touch from one name to another from my "Dialed" list if that answers your questions.
    He means if you're able to tap on a name in the Call Log and have it bring up that contacts numbers to then be dialed instead of a long press.
    06-21-11 09:26 AM
    He means if you're able to tap on a name in the Call Log and have it bring up that contacts numbers to then be dialed instead of a long press.
    Thank you for clarifying it for me. That can't be done unfortunately.
    chammer101 likes this.
    06-21-11 09:29 AM
    Exactly, now if I go to call list and tap on a person nothing happens. Before it would dial them or ask me which number to dial.

Now I have to either press and hold then select call or use pad to click their name once selected.
    06-21-11 09:30 AM
    The way to do it is just tap on the person you want to call then green phone Problem solved and less of calling the wrong person.
    06-21-11 09:30 AM
    The way to do it is just tap on the person you want to call then green phone Problem solved and less of calling the wrong person.
    That's what I do!
    06-21-11 09:31 AM
    Meh. Who likes buttons in what could be a touchscreen-only operation? Lol.

I know I'm a fan of the tap-to-dial feature.
    06-21-11 09:35 AM
    I do prefer the old way but I did call a few people by accident by tapping the wrong name, so I can see why they have changed it.
    06-21-11 09:36 AM
    I do prefer the old way but I did call a few people by accident by tapping the wrong name, so I can see why they have changed it.
    Kept calling my mom by mistake then have to sit on the phone with her and talk about life for hours ugh
    RossyBoy92 and PicmanPanther like this.
    06-21-11 09:41 AM
    Just upgraded. Quick and painless using DM6. Everything is running smooth.

I never noticed the call/touch issue, so I can't speak on it. I hope battery life improves.
    06-21-11 09:42 AM
    Boot time seems to improved I think or its me just not paying attention to it before.
    06-21-11 09:45 AM
    browser seems the same
    still cant tap to call contact from call log (which im ok with that)
    home screen preferences still cannot be accessed
    after taking a picture the lag is still there when immediately trying to view it, though the scrolling through pictures seems fine to me.
    battery life obviously have to wait and see, but i know on the last version it sucked for me as i had to charge every day and i'm only a moderate user, mostly texts and a few phone calls, browsing internet and taking pictures. i dont use bbm, rarely play music, rarely use gps or any have any other heavy usage, so the battery needing charged every day was ridiculous to me.
    06-21-11 09:47 AM
    Downloading....
    In 2 weeks time.

06-21-11 09:50 AM
225 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD