03-12-11 12:03 PM
    can somebody post a working mirror for this? Just got a Torch and want the latest.
    and the latest is 6.0.0.486
    03-12-11 12:17 PM
    I've been noticing couple of problems lately with 450 on my torch.

1. Calendar event reminder: The reminder alarm tries to go off but immediately dies. Upon unlocking the phone, there is nothing to check on the screen. The event is still very much there on the calendar.

2. If I lock the phone using top lock button and slip into the OEM pouch, the phone keeps ringing even after the other person has disconnected. This problem does not happen when I don't force lock the phone before slipping into the pouch - i.e when the screen darkens on its own after the set time interval.

Anybody else facing these? I have 450 on for quite sometime now and the phone has gone thru several battery pulls.Oh, and I agree with two other observations most folks have been reporting for this build - battery life is bad compared to 337 and there is a slight memory leak (Not too bad, nevertheless it's there).
    03-14-11 10:12 PM
    450 requires more fixes, it started good but after 2 days, it caused my 9800 to freeze and it takes time to move from a page to another. The same even after several battery pull. I have deleted all the applications and even ran MEMBOO (memory boost) it kept on freezing. Will wait for the next coming version. Cheers
    Or maybe you just had a bad OS load - Unless you see this thread with nothing but problems like you have its safe to say you need to wipe and reload the OS...
    03-15-11 03:04 PM
    I have to say honestly that since reinstalling this OP it is working flawlessly. i have literally no issues right now. Took a few times but working well now.
    03-15-11 03:26 PM
    Hi Guys,

After 2 years with the original Storm, installing 100's of leaks and hybrids, I can say my new Torch with the 6.0.0.486 leak is an amazing piece of really good software and hardware engineering.

Love the phone. With a no click touch screen, really solid slider keyboard, optical trackball, WiFi, FAST internet browsing, heaps of memory, OS 6.0.0.486 and good camera / camera features what more could a ex Storm user want?

Thanks RIM for an excellent product. Well done.

Greg
    03-16-11 01:27 AM
    this leak is not a good version...
    I must say that I have tried all the previous leaks but this one is freezing, the battery drain is higher than before, I have problems opening pictures and jumping between images sometimes got stuck....
    If I was not so lazy, I would roll back to the previous version....
    03-17-11 09:17 AM
    this leak is not a good version...
    I must say that I have tried all the previous leaks but this one is freezing, the battery drain is higher than before, I have problems opening pictures and jumping between images sometimes got stuck....
    If I was not so lazy, I would roll back to the previous version....
    Why not try the more recently leaked 486?
    03-17-11 12:50 PM
    Could someone take a look at this...Ive gone thru this thread and cant seem to find any similar issues....

"Upgraded" from 246 to 450
    and here are some of my findings

1. Volume up/down and mute do not work outside of media player (ie from home screen) Very annoying
    2. lag when entering/exiting conversations...approx 2 seconds once you click the convo
    3. intermittently will not rotate to landscape view ( just happened after i watched a video)
    4. I seem to get the hourglass/timer thing more frequently now
    5. When looking at my pictures in the media folder, once i delete one, i have to scroll over them for them to update...hence no auto-updating of pictures
    6. In the pictures folder the file name does not change when scrolling over pix ( in either camera pix or pix folders) ????

Any tips...??
    the volume control is particularly annoying for me sine I commute A LOT and use my BB as an mp3 and for pandora
    also the 2 second chat delay is killing me
    03-28-11 04:15 PM

just d/ld this mirror and why does my phone say its .448??
    03-28-11 10:54 PM
    I'm down grading back to .486 This leak just kept making my phone hang to much.
    03-29-11 09:57 AM
    I'm down grading back to .486 This leak just kept making my phone hang to much.
    Pssst� 486 is a higher number than 450, so that's an upgrade not a downgrade.

I went 450 to 448 to 486 now. A little too soon to tell, but liking 486 so far.
    03-29-11 03:47 PM
    I am running .450, and I have just realized that I have lost the "reply to" feature for email setup of non BIS accounts. It makes it appear that your email came from a different account. In my case my work account. I really need this feature back. Can anyone tell me if there is a later version that has this feature? I am talking about non BIS accounts... POP accounts.
    03-30-11 07:31 PM
    I am running .450, and I have just realized that I have lost the "reply to" feature for email setup of non BIS accounts. It makes it appear that your email came from a different account. In my case my work account. I really need this feature back. Can anyone tell me if there is a later version that has this feature? I am talking about non BIS accounts... POP accounts.
    Could you please explain exactly what you want the end result to be? What do you want to see on device and on PC, and what do you want the other person to see.

It may just be configured differently, so I want to make sure I understand what you're asking.
    03-31-11 06:57 AM
    Where are good downloads for these Leaks or even official releases? I've clicked many of the links in some of these posts and the file is no longer there. Also tried the latest official and on the website they asked for name, job title info so I didn't continue there. So where is everyone getting these ? I planned to either do 448,450 or the 486 EDIT****I found some of the good links so good to go!
    Last edited by tumblingdice03; 04-01-11 at 02:16 PM.
    03-31-11 06:33 PM
    I experience connection issues with .486 i may go back to .448.
    04-01-11 12:42 PM
    Could you please explain exactly what you want the end result to be? What do you want to see on device and on PC, and what do you want the other person to see.

It may just be configured differently, so I want to make sure I understand what you're asking.
    When I send an email from my blackberry through a pop account (non BIS account), I want the receiver to see the address it was sent from as a different address.

For example, I am sending email through the account [email protected], I want the receiver to see that it was sent from account [email protected]. This was a simple setup option on my device before, in the "reply to" field under delivery options. This option is still there for my [email protected] account setup but not for my other accounts.
    04-01-11 06:58 PM
    Well I solved my problem. Apparently it has to do with setup or what type of account it is. I set up a Gmail account, which has this feature my phone. And Gmail is also push mail. So now I have 2 push accounts with the "reply to" feature on my phone. Life is good once again.
    04-01-11 08:16 PM
    I was trying to re-download the .450 but apparently, someone renamed the .448 and upload it as .450!! What an ***...

- Charles
    04-02-11 02:47 AM
    just d/ld this mirror and why does my phone say its .448??
    Because the file was renamed to .450. If you look at the file properties, it will say .448

- Charles
    04-02-11 02:48 AM
    Just wait... they'll ask anyway...

In the other thread (for 448) I asked the Mods to bump that post from Page 3 to 1st Page to help avoiding the repetitive instruction requests.

It didn't happen, so I doubt it will this time.
    If a Moderator reads this, please bump this up to Post #2 so we can try to stem the tide of people asking and not searching for upgrade instructions.

[/rant/] Thanks all!
    I second that. Get rid of all the "I'm downkoading now" posts too. It will probably cut out about 8 pages of rubbish lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-11 11:45 AM
    could someone link a .450 mirror...cant find a good one..
    04-03-11 09:38 PM
722 ... 272829
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD