Whoa!!! Deja vu all over again..!
    (So for 2nd time...)

Well, no DL guide link, so here's mine peoples:

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional) Run Shrink-A-OS.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    Last edited by elite1; 01-28-11 at 06:09 PM.
    DawgMan, jeffs99, seanpm and 5 others like this.
    01-28-11 05:55 PM
    Whoa!!! Deja vu all over again...

(So for 2nd time

Well, no DL guide link, so here's mine peoples�

• (1.) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
      (2.) Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome.
      (3.) Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
      (4.) On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
      (5.) Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
      (6.) Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
      (7.) (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
      (8.) On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      (9.) (Optional) Run Shrink-A-OS.
      (10.) In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    Because you just know someone will ask.
    01-28-11 05:57 PM
    On my second reboot.. waaaiting...
    01-28-11 06:00 PM
    just finished loading i will post if there are any major changes.
    01-28-11 06:02 PM
    What we might be seeing here lady's and gentleman is the first work of The Astonishing Tribe, Recently aquired by RIM, the menu's are becoming more graphic.

When i wen't to remove appworld and BBM i chose not to reboot right away, a red crossed appeard on the icons of the items i wanted to remove.

The menu in the browsers has got more icons in them, and BBMAPS has got a gps Sattelite-icon on the upper left when starting.
    01-28-11 06:08 PM
    I'm guessing you like strawberries.
    Yeah, I'm quite fond of strawberries. This was the name I used for a while on different sites, but now I'm starting to use Fragaria more.
    01-28-11 06:13 PM
    Yeah, I'm quite fond of strawberries. This was the name I used for a while on different sites, but now I'm starting to use Fragaria more.
    I like the Japanese name.
    01-28-11 06:15 PM
    Downloading now.
    There are three bugs in .337 that were REALLY annoying for me. Hope they are resolved now...
    1. WebKit browser could not display correctly Trenitalia's site ( trenitalia.com - I can't post links -.-" ). Try buying a ticket: the table with all trains will be truncated and you can't continue!
    2. Since I updated my BB Desktop Manager for Mac to version 2, media sync has become REALLY slow. Also, playlists have disappeared: although they are selected in Desktop Manager and I can see them in the SD card, they have disappeared from the list
    3. A bug with long SMSs. When I receive an incomplete SMS and I open it, I see [missing part] (or something like that, my BB is not in English). When I receive the missing parts, though, the box is not enlarged, so I cannot see the whole text. I need to do a battery pull!
    01-28-11 06:15 PM
    Swiping through pics seems to be slow at rendering again, a regression?
    01-28-11 06:18 PM
    It hasn't got the battery charging graphics....
    01-28-11 06:22 PM
    Son of a gun! Just got the other one on my 9800. Oh well, will have to wait until after work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 06:23 PM
    Still downloading....
    01-28-11 06:24 PM
    Well, no DL guide link, so here's mine peoples:

Because you just know someone will ask.
    Just wait... they'll ask anyway...

In the other thread (for 448) I asked the Mods to bump that post from Page 3 to 1st Page to help avoiding the repetitive instruction requests.

It didn't happen, so I doubt it will this time.
    If a Moderator reads this, please bump this up to Post #2 so we can try to stem the tide of people asking and not searching for upgrade instructions.

[/rant/] Thanks all!
    01-28-11 06:25 PM
    Loading right now... Should be done in a couple more minutes!
    01-28-11 06:27 PM
    It hasn't got the battery charging graphics....
    Anything else? Worth doing over 448 or should I stay? I'm quite happy with 448.
    01-28-11 06:31 PM
    Anything else? Worth doing over 448 or should I stay? I'm quite happy with 448.
    As Shao mentioned, it appears the bug in 448 that blocks popup apps is gone in 450.

Someone else mentioned that other menus & graphics were improved.
    Otherwise, wait and see; I'm sure more Pros & Cons will be emerging over the next 24-48 hours, if not much sooner.
    01-28-11 06:36 PM
    Let met rephrase that, the menu and graphics that have gotten better were mostly in .448, except for the red cross when removing a program.

Also the battery icon doesn't blink when loading, it did with .448, it almost seems like a downgrade

I'm moving back to .448 the pictures crolling lag, is back and the renderering and loading of pages is way worse than on .448.
    Last edited by Dodger52; 01-28-11 at 06:48 PM.
    01-28-11 06:41 PM

1. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome.
    Why instruct people to use the worst available browser to download when any browser will do?
    01-28-11 06:47 PM
    Let met rephrase that, the menu and graphics that have gotten better were mostly in .448, except for the red cross when removing a program.

I'm moving back to .448 the pictures crolling lag, is back and the renderering and loading of pages is way worse than on .448.
    Ah thanks for clarifying!

So are the "better" menus and graphics present in 448 and NOT in 450, or present in both?
    01-28-11 06:47 PM
    argh... Backup won't complete succesfully on my BES messages database. zero of 2042 messages retrieved. Going to archive on the Outlook server side, reconcile and try again.
    01-28-11 06:50 PM
    Picture lag is back!
    01-28-11 06:51 PM
    Ah thanks for clarifying!

So are the "better" menus and graphics present in 448 and NOT in 450, or present in both?
    The "new" menu icons (in BB Maps the GPS-sattelite icon and in the menu when select tekst,) are present in .448 as is the flashing lightning bolt when charching, they are not present in .450.
    01-28-11 06:53 PM
    so happy with my current BDHP build that this is the first torch leak I will probably skip unless I hear something great about it
    01-28-11 06:55 PM
    I am just happy to finally have a new leak and i am stuck having to choose between two. I will just go with .450 and hope for the best. I am sure someone will get us a hybrid with the best of best of both soon enough.

Installing now.
    01-28-11 06:55 PM
    Just finished installing .450. I confirm that the lag when browsing pictures is back. Phone is very laggy overall (especially the media apps), except for the browser which appears to be fast. I don't know if several battery pulls would fix this. Also, I noticed that BB Maps was downgraded as well as a couple of other modules (App Center?). Not sure what to think of this one. I'm tempted to go back to .448, for a third OS install today!
    farico likes this.
    01-28-11 07:05 PM
722 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD