Weird, I never been able to complete the download. It always stopped mid-way of downloading.

Anybody else having this problem?
    Download it using a download manager if you can. When I get back home ill try uploading it somewhere else so you download it if you like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    aria_aradhea likes this.
    01-27-11 06:45 AM
    Here's an alternative link for this OS6 v448 release:
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    aria_aradhea and mypearl1 like this.
    01-27-11 08:45 AM
    The best leak so far..

Btw thx SOF006 for the info..
    I appreciate it so much..

This OS has been more smooth..
    Universal search seem so fast now..
    FB notification works now..
    BBM cursor as same as 6.0.0.424
    Press shift if the cursor gone..

About memory..
    More better than 424 leak..

01-27-11 08:46 AM
    Once more..
    Cursor in Text messaging no longer gone..
    It is there now..
    Lol

01-27-11 08:50 AM
    Here's an alternative link for this OS6 v448 release:
    Oh! Thanks for uploading that means I won't need to upload it!

01-27-11 09:06 AM
    I Installed It and it looks smoother than 6.0.0.424
    01-27-11 11:41 AM
    BBM cursor is fixed (did a wipe using bbsak), os still lags when playing flac music files, when charging battery the charging logo now flashes, fb notifications working.
    01-27-11 12:58 PM
    I installed it earlier today - it's certainly smoother than v424, the scrolling is MUCH improved - the Options menu (clicking on clock) doesn't mess up, the songs list doesn't get out of whack when "inertia scrolling" and the Facebook app seems better - scrolling back up the statuses doesn't automatically wheel you to the top, you can left-scroll back along each status/like/comment.

Memory currently sitting at 93.8MB. I will report the memory/battery situation in a day or so - but the GUI is much smoother and less buggy.
    01-27-11 01:44 PM
    I installed it earlier today - it's certainly smoother than v424, the scrolling is MUCH improved - the Options menu (clicking on clock) doesn't mess up, the songs list doesn't get out of whack when "inertia scrolling" and the Facebook app seems better - scrolling back up the statuses doesn't automatically wheel you to the top, you can left-scroll back along each status/like/comment.

Memory currently sitting at 93.8MB. I will report the memory/battery situation in a day or so - but the GUI is much smoother and less buggy.
    Did you decrease the size using BB Boss? I did and I have 106/5 MB free. The battery life seems to be the same as when in OS5 (if not better). Usually by the end of the day I have around 60/50% left when in OS5 and today using OS6 I had 70% remaining. The memory only decreases a little after using something such as the browser, after leaving my phone for about 5/10 minutes the memory increases back to the size it was originally. I can't say anything on the Facebook app because I don't not wish to use it. You will be very pleased with battery life and the memory!
    01-27-11 04:37 PM
    Did you decrease the size using BB Boss?
    Yes, I got rid of the extra languages, Arabic/Japanese fonts and some of the carrier utils. I think the OS install was 70MB, so quite a shrink.
    01-27-11 04:52 PM
    I was finally able to download the installer using a download manager. Installing it now. Hopefully it's better than .424...

Thanks to SOF006 for the advice and also RadioCharlie that has provided the alternative download!!
    Last edited by aria_aradhea; 01-27-11 at 07:43 PM.
    01-27-11 07:38 PM
    I give RIM credit on this one. Best OS 6 leak yet for the 9300 IMO. Cursor issues fixed. Facebook scrolling fixed, no mem leak yet (1 full day of use) and phenomenal battery life so far.

Remember after you install this to yank the battery a couple of times to help the OS settle in.
    01-28-11 10:11 AM
    Did we always have a thumbnail view when opening the browser? I installed this, seems ok so far...
    01-28-11 10:16 AM
    I remember seeing thumbnail vs list view on 424, so perhaps the default is that mode - I got the list view which I happen to prefer but it's a nice way of showing it.

After a day of re-organizing the home office, I've had mine on wifi with TuneIn Radio playing Absolute Classic Rock, MSN, Facebook and Twitter - plus I've checked my news sources using Social Feeds a few times (refresh only when opened). Currently sitting at 61.8MB.

Battery at 85% after 18 hours
    01-28-11 11:36 AM
    I remember seeing thumbnail vs list view on 424, so perhaps the default is that mode - I got the list view which I happen to prefer but it's a nice way of showing it.

After a day of re-organizing the home office, I've had mine on wifi with TuneIn Radio playing Absolute Classic Rock, MSN, Facebook and Twitter - plus I've checked my news sources using Social Feeds a few times (refresh only when opened). Currently sitting at 61.8MB.

Battery at 85% after 18 hours
    I finished today with heavy/mid usage and I had 80% left, absolutely amazing battery life now. Im over the moon!
    01-28-11 12:24 PM
    Hey,

I just updated the phone and everything works fine except the browser. I can't load any pages. Facebook, Twitter and even the App Store work fine, but the browser says unable to load page. It just stays stuck on requesting.

Please help.

Thanks.
    01-29-11 09:31 AM
    Hey,

I just updated the phone and everything works fine except the browser. I can't load any pages. Facebook, Twitter and even the App Store work fine, but the browser says unable to load page. It just stays stuck on requesting.

Please help.

Thanks.
    Have you tried a battery pull yet?

01-29-11 10:33 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull yet?

Yeah, no luck with a battery pull. However I figured it out. Since Facebook and Twitter were working, I thought it must a service book issue and I was right. There were 2 service books for "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service", I just deleted the second one and it started working.
    01-29-11 01:09 PM
    All links are down. Somebody have an alternative one?

Going to pick up the 9300 later today and I want to be getting prepared
    01-29-11 03:42 PM
    Mine's still live, 85 downloads so far - I have another link ready to post if the majority of my uploaders have expired

01-29-11 03:56 PM
    Mine's still live, 85 downloads so far - I have another link ready to post if the majority of my uploaders have expired

Thanks!
    01-29-11 04:15 PM
    Yeah, no luck with a battery pull. However I figured it out. Since Facebook and Twitter were working, I thought it must a service book issue and I was right. There were 2 service books for "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service", I just deleted the second one and it started working.
    Glad you got it working

01-29-11 04:27 PM
    does it deffo get of bbm cursor bug or does it come back? i want os6 but i need the cursor to work
    So I am not the only one that is having the cursor move/scroll left without the trackpad being touched? I thought there was something wrong with e device. Can someone please confirm that they also have is issue if it's so.
    01-30-11 01:28 AM
    The BBM "cursor bug" never really bothered me, but what I am seeing on mine is no cursor when scrolling back up a long conversation. Pressing the SHIFT key makes it appear. I am content with just scrolling and not seeing where my cursor is unless I want to copy some text.
    01-30-11 06:07 AM
    auto scale image while trying to send mms picture is not working. I think it's working on .418, (don't know on .424, i jump to .448).
    can't access correctly "manage connection" thru the clock/service area, but "manage connection" working well thru home screen
    anybody has the same experience ?
    01-30-11 08:23 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD