Curve 9300 OS 6.0.0.448

Following in the footsteps of the 9700 and 9780 OS leaks, we have stumbled upon a matching OS for the 9300! I know, it's not a 9800 leak, but we thought there might be some lonely 9300 users out there hoping to update their device today....

As with the others, there is a new version of Facebook in this build (1.9.0.26). Besides that, no word on what exactly changed in this release, but word out is that bug fixes were the primary drive behind this build. In any event, be sure to back up your data before diving in to this one and let us know how it's working for you! Enjoy!

Rapidshare
    Megaupload
    Deposit Files
    Hotfile
    ZShare

Source: Driphter.com
    SOF006, Gnufsh and gollumbird like this.
    01-26-11 03:03 PM
    Now I understand why BBLEAKS change their name ((= Leaks comes from willyboy6 & Driphter. Good job =))
    01-26-11 03:10 PM
    OMG! YES! Thanks! Been looking forward to getting this for a while. How ironic that ive just installed .424 again..
    01-26-11 03:17 PM
    Installing .448 as I type this. Ill post if I notice anything different.
    01-26-11 03:48 PM
    Ok, just got done. After the first 5 minutes of using it and I can definitely say this is a huge improvement. The cursor problem has gone for me in BBM and on the top bar where is gives your list of connections and the time etc (just about the notification bar) Browser is faster and opening and closing things doesn't seem to have a delay anymore. Best version so far! As of yet I haven't noticed any memory leaks although I can't be certain since ive only had it for 5 mins.
    Albert62 likes this.
    01-26-11 04:03 PM
    Ok, just got done. After the first 5 minutes of using it and I can definitely say this is a huge improvement. The cursor problem has gone for me in BBM and on the top bar where is gives your list of connections and the time etc (just about the notification bar) Browser is faster and opening and closing things doesn't seem to have a delay anymore. Best version so far! As of yet I haven't noticed any memory leaks although I can't be certain since ive only had it for 5 mins.
    Finally Thanks!
    01-26-11 04:09 PM
    How do I get this on my phone....I downloaded it to my computer but when I run BB Desktop software it says it can't find an update...I'm confused
    01-26-11 05:05 PM
    does it deffo get of bbm cursor bug or does it come back? i want os6 but i need the cursor to work
    01-26-11 05:11 PM
    How do I get this on my phone....I downloaded it to my computer but when I run BB Desktop software it says it can't find an update...I'm confused
    Once you download the OS on your computer, you will need to run and install it. Make sure you uninstall any older OS 6 files if you downloaded them (you can uninstall the old OS by going to "Programs" in "Control Panel") before installing the new OS.

Once everything is done, you should be able to use desktop manager and safely install the new OS on your phone.

Let us know how it is!
    01-26-11 05:12 PM
    I clicked on the link and downloaded the update to my computer...I did not have any other software on the computer...

I do not have a major carrier...I use a regional carrier that has a basic Curve 3g 9330...by basic I mean it doesn't have any other carrier specific aps on it. When I click on the download...and put it on my computer...then go into the bb desktop software and hit update my device it says it can't find an update...if there a way around this or am I just doing it wrong? Or will my phone just not support it?
    01-26-11 05:21 PM
    I keep seeing people saying something about a cursor in BBM? What cursor??!
    01-26-11 05:28 PM
    does it deffo get of bbm cursor bug or does it come back? i want os6 but i need the cursor to work
    Well mine definitely has no issue with BBM cursor anymore. Not sure about you but mine is working great. No issues what so ever.

"I keep seeing people saying something about a cursor in BBM? What cursor??!" From SebasC

The Cursor is the blue bar that goes across the selected item, on certain menus (most commonly BBM) the blue bar would disappear making it difficult to determine what was highlighted. In this version of OS6 I haven't noticed any issues with that, it seems to be fixed although it could vary from person to person. Some people may still experience this issue and other will not.
    01-26-11 05:49 PM
    What's the new Facebook app scrolling up/down like on this leak? I find with v424 that when scrolling back up a status feed, it whirls right back almost to the top and not through each item's "photo", "comment", "like" links which get highlighted as you scroll down.

The Media Player scroll was also a bit fuzzy in the song list (I have 250 songs). If you let go of the pad whilst it's scrolling, the blue highlight loses focus.
    01-26-11 06:11 PM
    What's the new Facebook app scrolling up/down like on this leak? I find with v424 that when scrolling back up a status feed, it whirls right back almost to the top and not through each item's "photo", "comment", "like" links which get highlighted as you scroll down.

The Media Player scroll was also a bit fuzzy in the song list (I have 250 songs). If you let go of the pad whilst it's scrolling, the blue highlight loses focus.
    I used apploader to install my OS6, when doing so I removed facebook from the installation because I prefer to use the brower based version... Sorry that I cannot give any information on it. If you want my view, considering its a new version its probably going to be better than what it was before. If you really want to know what its like, install 448 and see don't be afraid its a big improvement over 424. Typed this using my blackberry using 448.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 06:17 PM
    Well mine definitely has no issue with BBM cursor anymore. Not sure about you but mine is working great. No issues what so ever.

"I keep seeing people saying something about a cursor in BBM? What cursor??!" From SebasC

The Cursor is the blue bar that goes across the selected item, on certain menus (most commonly BBM) the blue bar would disappear making it difficult to determine what was highlighted. In this version of OS6 I haven't noticed any issues with that, it seems to be fixed although it could vary from person to person. Some people may still experience this issue and other will not.
    Okay well call it a blue bar! Not a damn cursor... I was already thinking to myself like I've never seen a cursor before... But okay
    01-26-11 06:36 PM
    Is there anyone knows about the memory in this leak ?

01-26-11 06:52 PM
    Now I understand why BBLEAKS change their name ((= Leaks comes from willyboy6 & Driphter. Good job =))
    Cheers my friend
    01-26-11 07:25 PM
    Still have Cursor Bug.. x_x
    01-26-11 07:47 PM
    Downloading.....
    Thanks Willyboy !!
    01-26-11 07:59 PM
    Installed it. Its working perfectly alright. Scrolling seems to be smooth. I still have a cursor issue in BBM but is managable by the shift key whereas cursor issue has disappeared from Facebook. Will keep an eye on the memory leak.

01-26-11 09:29 PM
    I clicked on the link and downloaded the update to my computer...I did not have any other software on the computer...

I do not have a major carrier...I use a regional carrier that has a basic Curve 3g 9330...by basic I mean it doesn't have any other carrier specific aps on it. When I click on the download...and put it on my computer...then go into the bb desktop software and hit update my device it says it can't find an update...if there a way around this or am I just doing it wrong? Or will my phone just not support it?

Its normal, even though you have 9330, you need exactly 9300 for it to work. You can get the 6.0.0.415 instead which is officially from sprint.
    You'll only need to delete the vendor.xml file.

hm...*I just cant post the link since I posted only twice :\ but its in the forum
    01-26-11 11:03 PM
    Is there anyone knows about the memory in this leak ?

There is a very small memory leak, I started off at 106MBs and after about half and hour of use and it went down to 105MBs it never seems to get lower than 105MBs. If you don't like how much the memory is going down you can do a simple battery pull or do a reboot using shortcut keys on your blackberry. For me its Left Alt key, Right caps key and Del(Backspace). Hold them down and the blackberry will reboot.
    01-27-11 01:33 AM
    Well, I tried installing it twice and kept getting 607 errors and restarts until I shrunk it less aggressively and installed a third time.

Scrolling and movement with the trackpad in general seems to be much better! I haven't gotten lost in app world or facebook. Just overall there is a better feeling when using the trackpad, I am not sure how to describe it. It makes me happy, though.

Still no cursor in bbm without pushing shift. I also was unable to turn it off by holding down the red button. Anyone else have this issue?

If anyone is on the fence about upgrading from 424 to this, just do it. It is well worth the upgrade!
    01-27-11 01:33 AM
    Well, I tried installing it twice and kept getting 607 errors and restarts until I shrunk it less aggressively and installed a third time.

Scrolling and movement with the trackpad in general seems to be much better! I haven't gotten lost in app world or facebook. Just overall there is a better feeling when using the trackpad, I am not sure how to describe it. It makes me happy, though.

Still no cursor in bbm without pushing shift. I also was unable to turn it off by holding down the red button. Anyone else have this issue?

If anyone is on the fence about upgrading from 424 to this, just do it. It is well worth the upgrade!
    I have no issue with powering off my blackberry, I also have an improvement in speed with my trackpad in OS6

01-27-11 03:29 AM
    Weird, I never been able to complete the download. It always stopped mid-way of downloading.

Anybody else having this problem?
    01-27-11 05:52 AM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD