I was able to upload this and I am currently running it on my Tmobile 9700. One thing though, I can no longer clear a field (like in bbm) by hitting the back button. I now have to hold down delete or menu--> clear field. Kind of annoying
    02-16-11 11:15 AM
    I was able to upload this and I am currently running it on my Tmobile 9700. One thing though, I can no longer clear a field (like in bbm) by hitting the back button. I now have to hold down delete or menu--> clear field. Kind of annoying
    If you hold down alt and then press del it will clear the field. works for bbm, facebook, alot of other apps but not for sms is what i have found. Hope this helps
    Phoenix14 likes this.
    02-16-11 12:07 PM
    If you installed it "on top" all Loader did was resolve any differences. So it found a different Language Pack on device and replaced with its newer file.

The leaked & official are otherwise the same, so now you're set.
    Sure, the leaked .448 core OS is the same as the official .448 core OS, but it seems the language packaging varies depending on the carrier/region.

The leaked .448 available on this site did not include any CJK/East Asian Language input options. Beginning with the .380 release some of us have been copying over the CJK files from other OS releases, but this method no longer worked with .424 and .448.

What I'm saying is the official .448 available from Vodaphone AU/Fiji includes support for East Asian Language font and input right out of the box.

I just confirmed this again by doing the following on my 9700:

1) Removed all previous OS installation files. Complete device wipe using BB Boss. Installed leaked .448. CJK input NOT available as option. Attempted old method of copying over CJK files into installation and reinstalling. No go.

2) Removed all previous OS installation files. Complete device wipe using BB Boss. Installed official .448 from AU/Fiji. CJK input available as option, selected and installed. Works great.
    02-16-11 12:23 PM
    Is it only me or is everyone else having the same problem, when I scroll through my pictures - the name of the pictures dont change at all?? and when I'm on the facebook site it says "download facebook for curve 3G" ??
    02-16-11 03:24 PM
    The whole thing with the pics was one of those annoying little quirks that caused me to go back to 5. It had my pics so screwed up that it was ridiculous.

I don't use the FB app so I won't comment on that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-11 03:27 PM
    I can no longer clear a field (like in bbm) by hitting the back button. I now have to hold down delete or menu--> clear field. Kind of annoying
    If you hold down alt and then press del it will clear the field. works for bbm, facebook, alot of other apps but not for sms is what i have found. Hope this helps
    Yes, ALT+DEL was initiated by popular request. Too many people were accidentally clearing their field when it was the ESC key. The 2-button combo greatly reduces the chance of doing this by accident. (Which is even more annoying!)

One other way, which is what I do:
    In any text field, if you're at the end of the typed info and want to clear it, click a SHIFT key then swipe up. That will highlight the whole line, and clicking DEL will delete it.
    (It should work just with clicking SHIFT first. If not, hold SHIFT down while you scroll up.)
    If you're at the beginning of a text field, same thing, but swipe down instead of up.
    Phoenix14 likes this.
    02-16-11 05:12 PM
    Sure, the leaked .448 core OS is the same as the official .448 core OS, but it seems the language packaging varies depending on the carrier/region.
    Yes it absolutely does. RIM will dole out all of them to carriers.

Obviously a carrier would test an OS build with their own intended language pack included.

So all this means is that the Leaked OS came from a version being tested by a carrier that does not use Asian languages. (There are lots.)

I'm happy this came out too. One of my company's new managers is Japanese. I just gave her a 9700 and wanted to update it to OS6 with Japanese input. And then like a gift, that is one of the official releases just in time!

So is it a jAll Language build? Is there full Japanese input?
    02-16-11 05:20 PM
    Thanks elite and dominante!

I just realized the ever disappearing cursor in ubertwitter and bbm but i really don't mind.
    02-16-11 10:34 PM

So is it a jAll Language build? Is there full Japanese input?
    It's an East Asian Language build only:

Traditional Chinese (display fonts + input: pinyin, bopomofo, changjie)
    Simplified Chinese (display fonts + input: pinyin, stroke, changjie)
    Japanese (display fonts + input)
    Korean (display fonts + input)
    Thai (display fonts + input)

I installed Traditional Chinese and Japanese inputs to test... Can't post pics yet, but just add http to the front of these to view the screencaps:

farm6.static.flickr.com/5176/5453743909_3e7643d31c.jpg

farm6.static.flickr.com/5219/5454356458_8e76048ded.jpg
    02-17-11 02:01 PM
    Has the desktop software also been updated? I downloaded the device software and it works like a champ.
    02-17-11 02:37 PM
    haaha just saw the memory leak at hand. tried to open up a 3rd tab browser window and was unable to do so because of decreased memory
    02-17-11 05:09 PM
    Yep, that happened to me too, numerous times. I went back to 5 for the time being.

02-17-11 05:15 PM
    Thanks elite and dominante!

I just realized the ever disappearing cursor in ubertwitter and bbm but i really don't mind.
    You're very welcome!

It doesn't really bother me either, but for whatever reason, I had only lost it in emails. I've never lost it in BBM.

You could blow a few gaskets in your brain trying to figure out why my OS zigs but your OS zags.
    Phoenix14 likes this.
    02-18-11 07:41 PM
    Has the desktop software also been updated? I downloaded the device software and it works like a champ.
    Well, depends what version of DM you have.

I never remember the version numbers of DM anyway.

EDIT: Just double-checked and I've got DM 6.0.1.18, and I believe that's the newest.
    02-18-11 07:47 PM
    anybody else having issues with .448 and Opera Mini 5 with the trackpad being overly sensitive and making it very difficult to browse? My trackpad is set to 50/50 for horizontal and vertical sensitivity, everything else is fine sensitivity-wise (including native browser), except in Opera. Tried uninstall/reinstalling Opera already, no luck
    02-20-11 11:58 PM
    anybody else having issues with .448 and Opera Mini 5 with the trackpad being overly sensitive and making it very difficult to browse? My trackpad is set to 50/50 for horizontal and vertical sensitivity, everything else is fine sensitivity-wise (including native browser), except in Opera. Tried uninstall/reinstalling Opera already, no luck
    Hello,

I found the touchpad being oversensitive in all versions of OS 6 while using Opera Mini 5. When I wanted to scroll just a tiny bit, it would jump just to the bottom, etc.
    Somewhere else here around CB I found the suggestion of using Opera Mini 5 beta: and it is working great for me, so hopefully also for you. I am attaching to this message, it is OM5 beta 2, built 5.0.17405
    shauntot likes this.
    02-21-11 02:43 AM
    Hi! I am having issues with memory drain/disappearing...

I don't care too much if I lose a few MBs during the day, because I reboot my phone every night. But the thing that is worrying me is that I am losing memory! When I installed this 448 leak, I had more than 50MB of free space, and ten days later I just have about 23 after a battery pull. Most of this memory drop happened this weekend... Where did this memory go? How can I get it back? This is really affecting the performance of the phone, as I see now much more often the "clock of thinking"...

As extra information, I will add that I did not installed nothing new recently, and my main candidates for this memory thing are:
    - Browser
    - Search engine (I started using it more intensively this weekend)
    02-21-11 03:55 AM
    Hi! I am having issues with memory drain/disappearing...

I don't care too much if I lose a few MBs during the day, because I reboot my phone every night. But the thing that is worrying me is that I am losing memory! When I installed this 448 leak, I had more than 50MB of free space, and ten days later I just have about 23 after a battery pull. Most of this memory drop happened this weekend... Where did this memory go? How can I get it back? This is really affecting the performance of the phone, as I see now much more often the "clock of thinking"...

As extra information, I will add that I did not installed nothing new recently, and my main candidates for this memory thing are:
    - Browser
    - Search engine (I started using it more intensively this weekend)
    Enable the memory cleaner option on your phone.
    Have you shrunk your OS prior to installing?
    02-21-11 04:59 PM
    Hello,

I found the touchpad being oversensitive in all versions of OS 6 while using Opera Mini 5. When I wanted to scroll just a tiny bit, it would jump just to the bottom, etc.
    Somewhere else here around CB I found the suggestion of using Opera Mini 5 beta: and it is working great for me, so hopefully also for you. I am attaching to this message, it is OM5 beta 2, built 5.0.17405
    thank you!!!!! i downloaded that version from your link and i now finally have a useable opera on my bb. it was crazy with the uber-sensitive cursor, to the point of being frustrating thank you again!!!!
    02-22-11 10:18 PM
    - Upgraded from 5-0-0-423 to 6.0.0.448
    - Upgraded with BB Desktop sftw: it offered to do a backup before the upgrade, which I did (even if I had already done one before, with service books included,just in case). Version of BB Desktop sftw used: 6.0.0.40
    - All process took about 15 minutes (upgrade, device reboot, restore)
    - All my setting were preserved, as well as all of the applications that were installed, including my Enterprise Email
    - Bluetooth pairing with my VW UVH Premium works! (this was a must for me, even if i thought it wasn't at the beginning);
    - OS5 Ring Tones gone (there are already fixes for this, in other threads)
    - Week numbers gone in Calendar (don't know if there is any fix for this, but in Europe, at least, we use them a lot, so it would be good to have them back...)
    - BBM Pictures all OK on my phone

Will update info about battery life, third-party apps, browser experience and more in the coming week...

UPDATE - My battery drained last night, from about 30% to nothing; i found the device without "life" and had to do a battery pull for it to respond; it is charging right now and i'll wait to see if it is one of those things that only stabilizes after one or two battery pulls, or if it is something more serious in terms of battery draining. Will keep you updated...
    UPDATE2 - After a battery pull and a second USB charge, my BB was up for 56 hours (2 1/2 days, more or less), receiving from 5 to 10 phone calls during the day and constantly synchronizing email (BES work account); I typically don't use Wi-Fi and i keep bluetooth almost always off, except when i'm on my car (2 hours a day). My device is already one year old, at least, so i believe the battery isn't accepting "full" charge as it was in the beginning; anyway, the battery duration is the same as it was with OS5
    Last edited by vmsrosa; 03-14-11 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Update concerning battery life
    03-11-11 01:16 PM
    What's the word on this? Any official releases yet??
    03-20-11 10:22 PM
    This has been and gone from Vodafone DE, Au and Fiji, NZ just to name a few

03-20-11 11:20 PM
    Rogers released their official about 2 weeks ago. It's in the 9700 forum and there was a post for it as well. If you search Rogers Official OS 6.0.0.448 it will yake you right to it. It is dated from March 15,2011. I have been running it for over a week now and it is very stable. Good battery life and managable memory leak also. I did not shrink it either, it comes in at about 157MB.
    03-21-11 02:09 AM
    Here's the link for Rogers Official OS 6.0.0.448

Download Link: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...A1535963.node1
    03-21-11 02:14 AM
    Still get trouble for restoring autotext (from OS 6 too), any idea ?
    03-21-11 09:02 PM
947 ... 35363738
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD