Thanks Hutch. Bizzaro surprise to me is that I ran Desktop Manager on my T-Mobile 9700 and automatically 6.0.0.448 was available! I'm not sure if this is coming from Blackberry or T-Mobile??? Anyone know how that works?

AND
    is it worth updating? Will I lose my apps?

Thanks!
    03-30-11 04:08 PM
    Thanks Hutch. Bizzaro surprise to me is that I ran Desktop Manager on my T-Mobile 9700 and automatically 6.0.0.448 was available! I'm not sure if this is coming from Blackberry or T-Mobile??? Anyone know how that works?

AND
    is it worth updating? Will I lose my apps?
    T-Mobile was testing this OS as of a few weeks back, so maybe they decided to just go ahead and release it now.

All the OS's are made by RIM (BlackBerry), and given to carriers for testing. Carriers decide whether or not to release different OS versions based a number of factors. When a carrier releases the OS, it is still coming from RIM. DM can detect your carrier code and auto-checks for available updates.

I left a very abridged OS install guide in Post #2 of this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-586613/

You should really check out the BB 101 Tutorials here on CB too.

Highly recommend not doing the upgrade via DM, but downloading & installing the OS on your PC, and loading to your BB as I described in that post above. I'm not sure how T-Mobile upgrade releases work. I think they release via their own site, instead of via the official BB site like 90% of the carriers do. Hopefully they give the option for just downloading.

Go here on your PC:
    BlackBerry Service Provider Downloads

You'll find T-Mobile in the North America section at the bottom.
    HUTCH66 and ThunderStorm00 like this.
    03-30-11 08:18 PM
    so the black and white features for the Camera and Video is no longer in place, Hopefully they will fix that with the next update, 256mb might not be enough for this OS6 the other bolds come with 512. When i use the browser i get the hour glass most times, if you have other apps running, the brower will crawl. I may do back to OS5 till they get everything fixed or i get a phone with more that 256mb.
    Still playing with it.. will be back later
    Update, i am in the process of going back to OS5, i tried to do a video from my phone withe OS6 and got an error: video not supported. I'm like WTH? so i will stick with the OS5 till Blackberry makes a 4g blackberry with at least 1g of on board memory. this may never happen so, the I phone looks good right about now.
    Last edited by MrMJefferson; 04-06-11 at 03:58 PM.
    04-06-11 09:19 AM
    I tried installing a leaked version of OS 6 a couple weeks ago and when things didn't seem to be going as they should I aborted and downgraded back to OS 5.

Seeing how AT&T is acquiring T-mobile though, would t-mo's official os6 work better on at&t? Obviously you'd still have to delete the vendor file.
    04-06-11 11:57 AM
    At least the OS would come out faster since we TMO users are always the last.

I tried installing a leaked version of OS 6 a couple weeks ago and when things didn't seem to be going as they should I aborted and downgraded back to OS 5.

Seeing how AT&T is acquiring T-mobile though, would t-mo's official os6 work better on at&t? Obviously you'd still have to delete the vendor file.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-11 07:57 PM
    I have an unlocked Bold 9700 from T-Mobile and as the official OS6 was released, is there some way how to update it from a mac?
    04-07-11 03:25 PM
    so the black and white features for the Camera and Video is no longer in place, Hopefully they will fix that with the next update...
    I doubt it... that feature has never appeared in OS6
    04-14-11 02:16 PM
    Hola,

maravillosamente, la pieza útil
    downloadall servehttp com/]Miato
    Come again?
    04-14-11 02:18 PM
    I as everuone else do install and run leak os's on my 9700... But this latest os leave me feeling like we're going back instead of forward..... Where's the search engins that are supporse to be imbedded in my browser? And when connected to wifi there's no indicater, that to is missing. Man..... What else is wromg with this lates leak. Am yet find out

04-14-11 06:20 PM
    I as everuone else do install and run leak os's on my 9700... But this latest os leave me feeling like we're going back instead of forward..... Where's the search engins that are supporse to be imbedded in my browser? And when connected to wifi there's no indicater, that to is missing. Man..... What else is wromg with this lates leak. Am yet find out

why not give 6.0.0.534 a test?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-602614/
    04-14-11 08:12 PM
    Is it seriously worth upgrading to 6.0??
    I understand that some people just want to be fashion-forward or avant-garde; but when I went from 4.6 to 5.0 I gained a LOT of functionality (dearest to me was the "Threaded SMS Chat" feature I terribly missed from my Treo.

Does my BB Bold running 5.0 not have some functionality that will make it worth upgrading to 6.0??
    05-18-11 06:36 PM
    Please Sir, can someone answer my question above? I seriously would like to know whether this upgrade is worth it.
    05-25-11 01:24 AM
    Please Sir, can someone answer my question above? I seriously would like to know whether this upgrade is worth it.
    Why keep bringing up such old thread back? Official is now up to .546 and leaks up to .576??

05-25-11 02:01 AM
    Why keep bringing up such old thread back? Official is now up to .546 and leaks up to .576??

Actually, official is now upto .576, just had to point that out zoc ha
    05-26-11 02:29 PM
    Look Guys, ALL I'M ASKING IS "IS IT WORTH THE UPGRADE" its a simple question! I'm sorry if I have posted in the wrong place just answer this and I will leave you alone
    Instead of answering the question people keep throwing out other statements when in fact, if they are going to take the time to write out criticisms on my postings, they could just as well answer what I'm asking in the first place.

Here is my question, if you please:

"Is it seriously worth upgrading to 6.0??
    I understand that some people just want to be fashion-forward or avant-garde; but when I went from 4.6 to 5.0 I gained a LOT of functionality (dearest to me was the "Threaded SMS Chat" feature I terribly missed from my Treo.

Does my BB Bold running 5.0 not have some functionality that will make it worth upgrading to 6.0??"
    05-26-11 03:22 PM
    "Is it seriously worth upgrading to 6.0??

Does my BB Bold running 5.0 not have some functionality that will make it worth upgrading to 6.0??"
    In a word, "Yes" and "Yes."
    05-26-11 03:50 PM
    Can you kindly elaborate briefly as to what functionality I might gain?

I have heard of people having to revert back to 5.0 on their bold 9700s after not having such a good time so I would please just really like to know what functionality I gain? If you can direct me to another thread, that too would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
    06-04-11 08:16 PM
    Hello??

Can someone please answer my question I have been asking for months...

Thank you.
    06-30-11 04:04 PM
    Hello??

Thank you.
    Yes.
    06-30-11 04:13 PM
    Hello??

Thank you.
    Read all of the other threads in the forums, that will tell you more than what you need to know

07-03-11 03:13 PM
    I am new to forums and blackberry. I have been trying to unlock my blackberry bold 9700 by wiping the device using BBSAK. Deleting the vendor.xml and reinstalling it by going to loader.exe.
    I have tried installing the leaked and official version of OS
    The OS installs fine but i am unable to unlock the phone. the phone is still locked to Vodafone [i don't have vodafone network in my place]
    Please help
    07-31-11 02:53 PM
    I am new to forums and blackberry. I have been trying to unlock my blackberry bold 9700 by wiping the device using BBSAK. Deleting the vendor.xml and reinstalling it by going to loader.exe.
    I have tried installing the leaked and official version of OS
    The OS installs fine but i am unable to unlock the phone. the phone is still locked to Vodafone [i don't have vodafone network in my place]
    Please help
    You were already provided an answer to unlocking, which is in the unlocking forums in the main area.

07-31-11 06:35 PM
947 ... 363738
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD