This is what my phone gives from build .337 I'm not saying this is what to expect as to all phone will treat this build differentlly.

1. Boot time:. Is not noticeable faster than .246 but its faster.

2. Radio:. This radio is indeed stronger than .246 by two leaps.

3. Battery:. One things for sure on my phone battery life is shorter, 13hrs is garbage to what I use to get on .246 28 - 30hrs so I can see the batter drop.

4. Mms and sms messages on sending:.

5. Software compatibility:. Runs all my apps fine only smrtguard had a problem putting back sms messages so I had to load it from the bkup in dm.

6. Browser speeds:. Is faster for sure than .246

7. Media player fwd and rew functions:. Works great added boost in volume.

8. Bbm sending speed and stability:. title balloon hover over status, blackberry icon on new messages.

9. Memory after OS loaded free:. About 20mb free.

10. Options that have bin added:. Smoother fonts in emails, bigger icons for certain apps.

11. Encryption options:. Same as before.

12. Problems with the OS:. On a run and burn multitasking 4 apps can cause the OS to Freeze up and wait for about 1min at times. For a total of 12 apps all at once. What's worse is when you try that and take a pic then try to view it it lags big time. Then if you switch connection the system will just pause and crawl, when you turn switch your networks from being off for a long time.

13. Picture viewing:. Not as fast as .246

14. Swipe response to touch:. Is indeed slicker.

15. BIS stability:. Is tons more stable than .246

16. In phone camera:. Freezes to view images after the shot takes about 2min to catch up, also when clicking the camera to shoot can fade out and do nothing, re booting fixes this. This was always a problem since the 9800 was born .

17. Build Version:. EastAsian .337

18. Networks:. Att, starhub, Telkomcel, axis, m3.

19. Notes:. Camera bug needs to fix, also the picture viewer isn't as fast as I will like to see.

20. Final thoughts:. This is what my phone is doing with .337, its still a bit buggy in the OS causing the slow down of the images on the sdcard and switching networks and battery life, but once cached it should be ok but once ur phone re boots you may have to cache again, on some phones I never saw any bugs in the so called long sms lists. Battery life on this build isn't better than .246 -1 idle/ -2 edge/ -3-4 3g as to .337 -2-3 idle /-3-5 on the networks no scanning only solid edge only on .337 3G will be a lot higher and less battery life

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 04:14 PM
    I can confirm that its ok to speculate and get information from word of mouth but for the record, officials and beta releases are not the same at all weather it be languages or not I tested this and proved this rumor to be once again not true, and hope critical thinkers find the right information on this as well. Me and my buddy ran the same OS his being official from att and mine being beta east asian his didn't have menu locks as mine did same version and ran a bit soother. So I can happily ignore the rutt about betas being the same as officials. The only thing is the same in betas and officials goes are the version numbers but the actual file in size makes some things cleaner than others. No wonder why rim taking a while to release the next one. Also in the past with the 9000 I saw this as well when betas came out and the speculations rolled out I had 3 versions from1 beta and 2 other different carriers and they all were different file sizes I ran all and indeed some things were in and some were out. Like att taking out bb maps cause of there personal needs from another carrier who kept them well this small example if your saying its the same then, this is it. Same shouldn't be having to add or remove at least that's what same is.

01-11-11 11:48 PM
    Can anyone guide me to a working link .337 and also let me know if this works with a mac computer?

Sorry new to all this and want to get the most out of my torch as i find some things can be a bit better and after reading some of your reports, this update may be able to help me enjoy my torch more.

thanks,

Carmen
    01-16-11 11:39 AM
    Can anyone guide me to a working link .337 and also let me know if this works with a mac computer?

Sorry new to all this and want to get the most out of my torch as i find some things can be a bit better and after reading some of your reports, this update may be able to help me enjoy my torch more.

thanks,

Carmen
    If you look in the Torch 9800 device forum you'll find the link you're looking for. OS 6.0.0.337 has been officially released by at least one Carrier and I believe the file is hosted on BlackBerry.com itself.

Hope this helps

01-16-11 12:04 PM
    Great I will take a look. Do you know if I can do this update with my mac or do i need to use a PC?

thanks again,

Carmen
    01-16-11 12:09 PM
    Great I will take a look. Do you know if I can do this update with my mac or do i need to use a PC?

thanks again,

Carmen
    I believe you should be able to update using a Mac because there is a BB Desktop Manager for Mac.

You may wanna do a little researching tho first about updating to device software that isn't from your Carrier using a Mac. Assuming the file system is a little different, I don't know if the same rules apply or not but I know it can be easily done because many users do it!

01-16-11 12:45 PM
    Do you know if I can do this update with my mac or do i need to use a PC?
    Hi Carmen, easiest is to use a PC.

Using DM for Mac, you can only load your own carrier's official OS. I'm Telus as well, and they haven't released 337 unless I totally missed it.

The other option with a Mac is to use a Crossover or VME running Windows. Some examples of these programs are VMWare and VirtualBox.

(PS Thanks to Fubaz and lak611 for helping with some info!)
    Last edited by elite1; 01-17-11 at 09:54 AM.
    01-16-11 09:53 PM
    1. Boot time:. Is not noticeable faster than .246 but its faster.
    If it's not noticeable, how did you notice it was faster? (I got a kick out of that one.)

9. Memory after OS loaded free:. About 20mb free.
    This is extremely low. You need to very seriously consider shrinking your OS to free up memory. Have you ever done so? Do you install all the included languages?
    In the meantime, do you have any data or media in device memory that could go to the media card? Do you have any apps set to to record to device memory when media card is an option, such as chat history in BBM?

10. Options that have bin added:. Smoother fonts in emails, bigger icons for certain apps.…
    The oversized icons for some 3rd party apps is not a "feature." It's a bug with this OS.

And now for the motherlode…
    This is what my phone gives from build .337 I'm not saying this is what to expect as to all phone will treat this build differentlly…
    …17. Build Version:. EastAsian .337
    18. Networks:. Att, starhub, Telkomcel, axis, m3.…
    …20. Final thoughts:. This is what my phone is doing with .337…
    I can confirm that its ok to speculate and get information from word of mouth but for the record, officials and beta releases are not the same at all weather it be languages or not I tested this and proved this rumor to be once again not true, and hope critical thinkers find the right information on this as well.
    It's not a "rumor" but regardless when in the past did you "prove this rumor to be not true"?

Me and my buddy ran the same OS his being official from att and mine being beta east asian his didn't have menu locks as mine did same version and ran a bit soother.
    According to your theory they're not "the same" but we can skip that contradiction for now.
    Considering just 2 users as a sample group is ridiculous to start. The potential factors within the OS include most prominently the East Asian language pack. Do you have any idea how large that is? Huge from a memory standpoint.
    Factors outside the OS might be network signal strength, EDGE vs 3G, time on WiFi, WiFi signal strength, use of UMA, data usage, media usage, addition/deletion of apps or themes during session, uptime & downtime, background apps, phone usage, multitasking, etc.
    What is your friend's free memory? How about available RAM for both of you?

No need to actually respond to all these. Hopefully you get the point: this comparison is as far as can be from scientific.

So I can happily ignore the rutt about betas being the same as officials. The only thing is the same in betas and officials goes are the version numbers but the actual file in size makes some things cleaner than others. No wonder why rim taking a while to release the next one. Also in the past with the 9000 I saw this as well when betas came out and the speculations rolled out I had 3 versions from1 beta and 2 other different carriers and they all were different file sizes I ran all and indeed some things were in and some were out.
    Again I don't think you realize the size of the language files. Some carriers even simultaneously release 2 language variants of the same OS that have vastly different file sizes because of it.
    Another possible difference could be the Platform Version, which is the radio file.

Like att taking out bb maps cause of there personal needs from another carrier who kept them well this small example if your saying its the same then, this is it. Same shouldn't be having to add or remove at least that's what same is.
    Actually AT&T doesn't "take out" BB Maps. Its service books block BB Maps. AT&T users can download a small file or use an app like QuickLaunch to use BB Maps. If you were familiar with the contents of an OS's Java folder, you would know that OS's are full of all kinds of files that aren't automatically visible unless you receive the service books of a particular carrier.

I rarely see posts that are so full of misinformation.
    I believe your intentions were good and sincere, and you obviously put a lot of care & effort into your review of the OS, so I applaud you for that.
    Last edited by elite1; 01-17-11 at 09:55 AM.
    01-17-11 02:05 AM
    Boot time was 1min less meter berry, and i timed it with a stop watch, I timed 246 also before the i installed.5min vs 4min 30 sec. This is only the tests i did on my phone so i speak on what i experienced, im not asking anyone to believe what i say im just giving my experience on this build. I mainly use East Asian builds and yes i did see the sizes and they are different all around but .337 east vs multi the east is smaller on what i got. And these languages isn't as large at least for me compare to multi language, but your right about the different sizes but im only referring to this build right now for me. thanks for the positive input.
    01-17-11 06:25 PM
    can anyone post up a working link? thanks
    01-17-11 10:47 PM
    digitallyill.com/mobile/dl/9800/9800jAsia_PBr6.0.0_rel1165_PL6.4.0.142_A6.0.0.337. exe

just fill in the http://
    01-17-11 11:08 PM
    can anyone post up a working link? thanks
    Don't bother with other links.

337 is officially released by a carrier called Beeline. Download directly from the BB website.

Here is CB's new OS superpage:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-os
    (Bookmark it!)
    You should be able to follow that to the right place for getting the OS.
    Last edited by elite1; 01-18-11 at 03:00 AM.
    01-18-11 02:57 AM
    digitallyill.com/mobile/dl/9800/9800jAsia_PBr6.0.0_rel1165_PL6.4.0.142_A6.0.0.337. exe

just fill in the http://
    Don't bother with other links.

337 is officially released by a carrier called Beeline. Download directly from the BB website.

Here is CB's new OS superpage:
    The BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com
    (Bookmark it!)
    You should be able to follow that to the right place for getting the OS.
    Thanks to both of you. just got my torch yesterday. iphone 4 is now in the glove compartment.

I missed my bold...
    01-19-11 08:39 AM
    So just to be clear, is anything different between this leaked one and the Official one?
    01-20-11 09:55 PM
    So just to be clear, is anything different between this leaked one and the Official one?
    There's only 2 possible differences. The first is the Platform Version, which is the radio file. You shouldn't be affected by this.
    The other is the language pack included. If you speak English, it doesn't matter which language pack you get. They all have English and you can exclude all the other languages.

If there's the same version OS both leaked and released, I'd rather go get it from RIM's site and eliminate any possibility of a bad upload and/or download to/from sites like Hotfile and Rapidshare.

Use Internet Explorer to download anything direct from the official site. A minority of people get files corrupted when downloading anything official using Firefox or Chrome. No need to find out if you're included.

And remember to delete the Vendor file.
    Here's the upgrade instructions I gave to someone else in a different thread recently.

Okay here's a quick upgrade guide:
    1. Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional) Run Shrink-A-OS.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    01-22-11 12:31 AM
    alright so i am brand new to the blackberry thing. only had my first one since yesterday. my torch was pretty glitchy so i am trying to update to the .337 and i followed the steps just fine until i get to running the apploader. the detect comunication port box on the second page is grayed out and the connection drop down list is blank. if anybody has any suggestions. also i tried to update it through BD but it says "The application "Wireless Music Sync" cannot be loaded because some required files are not available."
    01-27-11 12:50 AM
    Finally, new OS Leaked!! Torch 6.0.0.448!!

pocketberry.com /2011/01/28/ leaked-blackberry-torch- 9800-os-6-0-0-448/

(Fill in the blanks, sorry but I don't post much)
    01-28-11 09:55 AM
    Finally, new OS Leaked!! Torch 6.0.0.448!!

pocketberry.com /2011/01/28/ leaked-blackberry-torch- 9800-os-6-0-0-448/

(Fill in the blanks, sorry but I don't post much)
    Why link to another website and forum when there is already a developing thread in this forum?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-580139/

Cheers
    01-28-11 09:59 AM
    alright so i am brand new to the blackberry thing. only had my first one since yesterday. my torch was pretty glitchy so i am trying to update to the .337 and i followed the steps just fine until i get to running the apploader. the detect comunication port box on the second page is grayed out and the connection drop down list is blank. if anybody has any suggestions. also i tried to update it through BD but it says "The application "Wireless Music Sync" cannot be loaded because some required files are not available."
    Hi there, and welcome!

If you still haven't updated your OS, delete/uninstall everything from your PC, head to the thread above in willyboy6's post, and download OS 6.0.0.448 instead.

Possible reason why you're having trouble: Did you delete the Vendor File? For the loader, did you launch this by double-clicking Loader in the same folder you found Vendor?
    If the answer to either or both is "no" then that's your issue.
    01-28-11 05:17 PM
    .337 East Asian:
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Before anyone asks - though they will certainly ask again and miss this, here are install instructions:
    i wish it were that simple, i must have missed something here
    04-09-11 03:26 AM
    Yes, it is that easy, though it may take you a couple tries. Took me 3 times the first time to understand the process and get it right. That was going from 245 to 450. The current leak is 526:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-601048/
    04-11-11 06:54 PM
    Yes, it is that easy, though it may take you a couple tries. Took me 3 times the first time to understand the process and get it right. That was going from 245 to 450. The current leak is 526:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-601048/
    Nope it's 534 now:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-602614/
    04-12-11 06:32 PM
    Here's the instructions I posted in the Leaked 9800 OS 534 thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ml#post6216030
    04-12-11 06:36 PM
573 ... 212223
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD