I just have a common question for all my fellow crackberry users. I currently have the OS 5.0.0.411 on my blackberry curve 8900 right now. Higher number usually means better leaked version of it. After trying out the .411 for about a month now i seem to notice a lot more bugs with it compared to the official releases that are coming out. Don't get me wrong i love the OS 5.0 and the features which makes me almost ignore all the bugs to it. I'm simply asking for opinion from blackberry users that are into using the 5.0 on the 8900 to give me some insight about which one has less bugs to it and runs smooth and gives off somewhat good battery life.
    12-30-09 06:10 AM
    my friends said that .411 is the best leaked version of OS 5, but since you said that there are lot of bugs in it and since you already use it so you better wait for the official one
    12-30-09 06:53 AM
    I have tried all of the leaked OSs, The best for me with good battery life is the 5.0.0.411...

What bugs are you coming across?

I rolled back to the 4.6.1.315 because I dont wan to run Betas on my phone
    12-30-09 06:54 AM
    ..I dont wan to run Betas on my phone
    I'm too, Waiting for Offcial OS
    12-30-09 07:18 AM
    That's what I was thinking is going with the .315 just because its an actual release. I've just been debating right now because I do love the features that the leaked 5.0 has to offer.

The bugs that I keep coming across is the RAM usage that it takes up. Another one is the lag one some of the programs installed on the phone. The player for the music the time is not accurate at all when it keeps up with the video play. Every now and then the wifi won't connect to the internet so you have to pull you battery out and do a restart on it before it will (hopefully) work the next time around. I'm just praying to god that they come out with the official 5.0 OS soon. Cause just from basing my judgement on this it will be uber sweet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 07:38 AM
    I like .411... no issues, except a small bug with a 3rd party app... but other than that, it works great.
    12-30-09 09:17 AM
    Hello,
    i am from Germany and i also use the 5.0.0.411 and for me it is better then i thought. Untill now i had no problem or bug found. In a german blog i read vodafone germany and spain have the .411 now offical and so it is no longer a leaked version. But at the moment only for vodafone members for download.
    12-30-09 09:19 AM
    Hello,
    i am from Germany and i also use the 5.0.0.411 and for me it is better then i thought. Untill now i had no problem or bug found. In a german blog i read vodafone germany and spain have the .411 now offical and so it is no longer a leaked version. But at the moment only for vodafone members for download.
    Generally, we've heard that Vodafone users have an Official version released, but NOTHING here at Crackberry has it as Official yet... if it does become Official, the moderators here will replace the Sticky thread with that OS version... but right now the Official OS is still http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/ne...8900-a-361642/
    12-30-09 09:25 AM
    I've been running .348 and have had zero issues. Haven't tried .411, so can't compare. Just happy with .348 and don't want to ruin it.
    12-30-09 10:08 AM
    .348 FTW! runs perfect for me. I hear .411 is having some issues with threaded messaging and battery life.
    12-30-09 02:43 PM
    .348 FTW! runs perfect for me. I hear .411 is having some issues with threaded messaging and battery life.
    I hear....

Try it for yourself... it both of these issues you talk about are none issues on my device.
    12-30-09 02:51 PM
    I hear....

Try it for yourself... it both of these issues you talk about are none issues on my device.
    If .348 is running great for me, I'm not going to change it, the issues I stated above is just from reading other threads about .411.
    12-30-09 02:56 PM
    I'm on .411 and I am loving it. Only issue that occur on my phone is after any kind of reboot (soft or hard), my wallpaper is all white and I have to manually change it back to what it was. It can get annoying but I can't complain. Other than that, it's flawless.
    12-30-09 03:26 PM
    i think that all leaked versions are gay and fake you should use the authentic version. you bunch of poo sniffin pussys =)
    12-30-09 09:19 PM
    I'm on .411 and I am loving it. Only issue that occur on my phone is after any kind of reboot (soft or hard), my wallpaper is all white and I have to manually change it back to what it was. It can get annoying but I can't complain. Other than that, it's flawless.
    This is the only problem I am having on .411 as well. Otherwise I LOVE having 5.0 and I waited till this beta to try it out. Everything else works perfect for me.
    12-31-09 11:50 AM
    I have .411 for a couple of days and once in a while it freezes for a few seconds and than it is fine... other than that I like it - menu's are improved, seems to run faster and smoother. Definitely move in the right direction. For now I will keep it.
    12-31-09 01:09 PM
    I wonder if these "leaked" OS's are actually accidental or intentional?
    I suspect that it is the second one so Rim gets free testers - and just read this forum daily...
    12-31-09 02:17 PM
    What rim does is when they send out a beta that they think will be good for the user. They usually only send it to company users. Then someone on the inside usually just post it on the internet so that all of us can try it out. I mean I've seen rim sometimes just send it out so that people can try it out. Usually they don't do that.

12-31-09 04:11 PM
    I'm running .348 and have no issues at all. Runs perfect for me so unless there's a great improvement in newer releases I don't see any point in changing.

01-01-10 05:23 AM
    Generally, we've heard that Vodafone users have an Official version released, but NOTHING here at Crackberry has it as Official yet... if it does become Official, the moderators here will replace the Sticky thread with that OS version... but right now the Official OS is still http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/ne...8900-a-361642/
    He is correct Vodafone, Spain has the .411 released but only through download in DM... One of the MODS advised me that they do not put out articles regarding downloads through the DM because not everyone can update this...

Its strange as Vodafone, Spain has not put a download link on the Blackberry website as yet

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/os...-spain-390633/
    Last edited by Hey_Daniel; 01-01-10 at 06:31 PM.
    01-01-10 06:14 PM
    I personally think that the 5.0.0.348 sucks. That one wouldn't do delievery reports. Yeah I was mad when I found it out. But the .411 is doing alright just using a lot of memory. If you know what I mean. The damn phone so. Yeah any questions just message me.

01-04-10 01:23 AM
    i think that all leaked versions are gay and fake you should use the authentic version. you bunch of poo sniffin pussys =)
    Very eloquently put. Now that Voda has it released, it is official. Works perfectly for almost everyone too. Why some people have issues, haven't a clue, but it's rare to see a leak OS, that doesn't become official at some point down the road. I'd give it 3 thumbs up, but I only have two.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

01-04-10 01:43 AM
    Very eloquently put. Now that Voda has it released, it is official. Works perfectly for almost everyone too. Why some people have issues, haven't a clue, but it's rare to see a leak OS, that doesn't become official at some point down the road. I'd give it 3 thumbs up, but I only have two.

I agree! I have no problems at all with 5.0.0.411. No prblem with wallpaper and no problem with threaded SMS. No problems with anything, really.
    I am very happy with this build.
    01-04-10 04:26 PM
    Well I was trying out the .411 and I notice that it is so much better then the .348 by tons. On the .348 you don't do delievery reports. On the other one you do get it.

01-04-10 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD