Look for another vendor.xml file in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry
    Which is empty as always for leaks... I never delete the vendor file for leaks and it always installs ok.
    03-29-10 09:44 PM
    This is why I thought it was related to the country you select when you install the OS onto your PC i.e. to select United Kingdom and no other country.

You can try renaming :
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_english_us_45k_2.cod
    and
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_english_us_ltr.cod
    I normally remove all "*en_US.cod"'s too.

However, you'll probably then only see English in "Languages" which wouldn't help.
    You are right, I deleted all en_us cod files (modules) with BMCP rebooted and now I only have English or Spanish as Language options... but English still uses US date format!! I never had this issue with my old Bold 9000. Could it be a hardware issue (being this an unbranded AT&T phone?). The bright side is that I gained 2 Mb of free RAM memory.
    03-29-10 09:48 PM
    Cannot install too!
    Desparate to load this one
    03-29-10 09:54 PM
    Downloading now. Is it okay if I don't delete the vendor file anymore?
    03-29-10 09:56 PM
    Downloading now. Is it okay if I don't delete the vendor file anymore?
    you dont have to delete it for leaks...only officials
    03-29-10 10:03 PM
    You don�t need to delete vendor file in leaked OS. Anyway, if you feel better you can delete it, it makes absolutely no difference.
    03-29-10 10:03 PM
    Correct.

I believe the showing of read SMS messages in Today+ themes was a bug in v.566. So, not surprised its been fixed.
    That's too bad. I wondered why the behavior was different from email in the Messages folder. But then again, I never understood the usefulness of only displaying unread messages to begin with. If I have an unread message, I tend to go and read it. So my Today area is always blank. I liked seeing the list of messages in my SMS inbox. Oh well.
    03-29-10 10:06 PM
    Can anyone tell me if the option to change the number of thumbnails viewed in pics is back? -crosses fingers
    Not that I have found but I will say it is very fast to load pics from the uSD card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 10:11 PM
    you dont have to delete it for leaks...only officials
    Thanks Man!
    03-29-10 10:13 PM
    you don�t need to delete vendor file in leaked os. Anyway, if you feel better you can delete it, it makes absolutely no difference.
    thanks mannnn!
    03-29-10 10:14 PM
    That's too bad. I wondered why the behavior was different from email in the Messages folder. But then again, I never understood the usefulness of only displaying unread messages to begin with. If I have an unread message, I tend to go and read it. So my Today area is always blank. I liked seeing the list of messages in my SMS inbox. Oh well.
    I agree. My Messages in Today+ themes is nearly always empty and I would have preferred the "feature" to have been extended to the "Messages" folder...
    03-29-10 10:18 PM
    My App world is not working
    03-29-10 10:24 PM
    IM GOING INSANE! i cant install leaked os! i ave done it so many times before! i use windows 7 32 bit, and i delete the vendor, disconnect from internet, and lauch apploader. nothing is showing up! i deleted all other os's installed on this computer, what more can i do!
    Same thing here. Same windows.

I'm obligated to use my friend XP...
    03-29-10 10:27 PM
    So far, so good here. As everyone else has said, obviously too early to comment on batter life. But overall seems stable.

One thing I did notice when installing over .566 was that DocsToGo was downgraded.
    03-29-10 10:30 PM
    anyone else experience some sort of lag when your back light on the screen goes off and then you push any button to get it back on, the screen lights up but it's still black for a second or so then the home screen or whatever screen you were on last comes up
    03-29-10 10:50 PM
    anyone else experience some sort of lag when your back light on the screen goes off and then you push any button to get it back on, the screen lights up but it's still black for a second or so then the home screen or whatever screen you were on last comes up
    i don't have that issue on mine. everything seem very stable.
    03-29-10 11:21 PM
    My App world is not working

never mind...reinstalled and now it works
    03-29-10 11:34 PM
    Definitely Sparked my interest..Once reports of battery life start to flow in I may or may not give it a go. That simple little volume but in 536 is about to drive me crazy lol...DOH
    03-29-10 11:42 PM

Nope working fine here.
    03-29-10 11:56 PM
    I have been using this load for a about 6 hours now with a full battery charge, several calls, lots of surfing over wifi and 3G, app configuring, device resets after running maxmem, 3 GPS programs long enough to lock on which happened rather quickly and 2 battery pulls. My battery is now at 75%.

No problems so far with these apps:

StormyX theme with BerryWeather and MeterBerry slots
    BerryWeather
    MeterBerry
    QuickLaunch
    BB Maps
    Google Maps
    Yellow Pages
    Speed test app
    RIM Facebook
    RIM Twitter
    Poynt
    Pandora
    Compass
    Midnight Pool II
    Hangman
    Yahoo Messenger
    DocToGo
    PDFToGo
    BerryUnitConverter
    MaxMem
    MemoryBooster
    Par 72 Gold II
    Vegas Pool
    PacMan (free of CB)
    TicTacToe

What I have noticed:
    Pics are very fast to load and look clear (some loads have looked fuzzy in the past),
    Google Maps locked on really fast (like around 1 minute by the time off my QL menu),
    Callp, surfing via wifi and 3G, PIN, SMS, MMS and BIS email are all working fine,
    The SMS problem where lower case letters like a "y" get cut off in the title of a SMS thread is still there,
    AutoText for my sig in SMS and email is working,
    Very fast boot times with memory cleaner programs fully disabled,
    Backlight is at 30% to conserve battery,
    Speed tests from the app and website (mobilespeedtest.com) are about the same as 545,
    Music sounds pretty good over the speaker with default settings,
    After running maxmem to clear out the TMO5, MDS and media I have 133MB of memory,
    The camera takes good pics and video (awesome compared to my 9k but even with 545),
    No lag in the calendar when in any mode (was slow for some users on previous loads when in Agenda mode),
    The lag adjusting the volume while making a call or in a call has been fixed,
    No problem here deleting SMS or SMS threads as reported by other users,
    The latest version of QL now presents the weather in F vs only C,
    The BB Menu - app switcher no longer wigs out when on a web page (problem seen in 566),
    Last edited by shansmi; 03-30-10 at 01:28 AM.
    03-29-10 11:58 PM
    I agree. My Messages in Today+ themes is nearly always empty and I would have preferred the "feature" to have been extended to the "Messages" folder...
    Or best yet, allow for the option. A toggle to select "display read" or "display unread" would be great.
    03-30-10 12:03 AM
    damn i don't know what the problem is with mine then, I reinstalled the os and the same thing keeps happening
    03-30-10 12:13 AM
    anyone knows how good is the radio, also does it come with the latest bbm or the same old one as before. how fast is boot times? since i see there are some font issues and no support for east asian ill stick it out with 545 taiwans official, all i needed was a good radio and a 48hr hard core bat life and 545 does it well for me, sms, email, video, pics are all fast and smooth no need for me to upgrade. and i get reception where were impossible before so im good untill some super features comes out, built into the app. 545 got allot of tight security as is anything more i can imagine will be a plus but it does what i need so far, one thing i notice on all the officials thou is docs to go there arent icons just the plate icon but it still launches the apps and it works so thats not a problem. ill wait for better releases to come. haven fun all.
    03-30-10 12:47 AM
    cool i just downloaded 545 guess ill give this a shot, will report my findings later
    03-30-10 01:18 AM
    So far these apps work for me :

Weathereye
    Viigo
    Ubertwitter
    Sportsnet Mobile
    FourSquare
    Googlemaps - very fast
    Blackberry maps - took awhile to find my location

overall all apps i have installed are working like they suppose to.
    03-30-10 01:33 AM
318 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD