That is because you need to disable dialing from homescreen under the phone options first maybe?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 02:42 PM
    I have that disabled. I'm not that much of a newb

03-31-10 02:45 PM
    P for me fires off BBNotePad.

Also, see post 218.

Edit : Folks should also state which theme they are using.
    03-31-10 02:49 PM
    After installing .586 does anyone noticed their gmail emails not showing the number of emails in the folder?
    03-31-10 03:31 PM
    Does anyone's SMS delivery confirmation actually work? :S
    Mine hasn't worked since I had os 5 on my old 8900 :/
    03-31-10 03:38 PM
    Soooo...after a couple of days running .586 I really like it...except the Facebook app runs a little slow and my friends profile pics don't show, just a little red "x". Never had this problem. I'm gonna delete the app and re-install. Hopefully that fixes it...

03-31-10 03:48 PM
    so i backed up all my apps using BBSAK, wiped my phone and did a clean install o this OS...now im trying to restore my apps, but when i use DM to do it it says that

"No additional applications can be found. Your file might contain applications that already exist in the application list, are not compatible for your device or have errors."

is there any other way I can roster my apps?
    03-31-10 03:59 PM
    Anybody having any issues with tethering? I have had now and again drops of my tethering connection on T-Mobile 3G ever since upgrading to the 9700, but today, after loading .586 yesterday, I can't seem to keep a stable connection. Could just be the tower I'm on today and not OS related. I normally tether through bluetooth, but I've tried both bluetooth and USB through DM today. It works fine for awhile, but then drops the connection without warning. (A week ago, I couldn't get data over my tether connection from this location for a whole afternoon, so this isn't necessarily OS related).

03-31-10 04:15 PM
    Anybody having any issues with tethering? I have had now and again drops of my tethering connection on T-Mobile 3G ever since upgrading to the 9700, but today, after loading .586 yesterday, I can't seem to keep a stable connection. Could just be the tower I'm on today and not OS related. I normally tether through bluetooth, but I've tried both bluetooth and USB through DM today. It works fine for awhile, but then drops the connection without warning. (A week ago, I couldn't get data over my tether connection from this location for a whole afternoon, so this isn't necessarily OS related).

I was having same problem so I roll back to 545.

03-31-10 04:22 PM
    I was having same problem so I roll back to 545.

I haven't had any tethering issues. I use Tether, and am on ATT with a strong 3G signal.
    03-31-10 04:34 PM
    Any bluetooth issues?
    03-31-10 04:34 PM
    Any bluetooth issues?
    No Bluetooth issues, but I only use BT for handsfree I tether using usb.
    03-31-10 04:57 PM
    Installed this OS version yesterday and haven't notice any major diference between this release and .545; the only thing I'm noting is that when I'm on a call and have WiFi on (and registered in BIS) the call starts on 3G and then falls back to EDGE or GPRS; when I close the call it will climb up to 3G again. On the other hand when I have WiFi OFF the call would start on 3G and stay on 3G through the duration of the call. I don't know if this is how the call is handled by the blackberry or is a bug of the release .586. Anybody having the same issue?

I can say the 5.0.0.586 release is very stable, it's fast browsing on WiFi or 3G. Pictures and media loads very fast; overall it's a very responsive release.
    Last edited by dax_gordon; 03-31-10 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Needed to add something
    03-31-10 05:27 PM
    so i backed up all my apps using BBSAK, wiped my phone and did a clean install o this OS...now im trying to restore my apps, but when i use DM to do it it says that

"No additional applications can be found. Your file might contain applications that already exist in the application list, are not compatible for your device or have errors."

is there any other way I can roster my apps?
    BBSAK has been broken since 545 as far as backups and mod'ing COD files are concerned. There is a proc over in the "how to" section that is fail safe for backing up apps. It is done by using the DM to "switch devices". Give that proc a go after you finish your rebuild. It has not failed me yet.

--------------------------------------------

I am now at an area that was switching to EDGE on 545. So far this has not happened on 586.

As far as battery life, I am seeing 586 close to 545 maybe a little worse but not much. This is based om my habits for data and voice without going into specifics.

03-31-10 05:43 PM
    Soooo...after a couple of days running .586 I really like it...except the Facebook app runs a little slow and my friends profile pics don't show, just a little red "x". Never had this problem. I'm gonna delete the app and re-install. Hopefully that fixes it...

This app has been a little slow for a few releases now. I have found that if you just let it run for a while so it can download everything, it will speed up. I usually just start fb and twitter after an upgrade and just let them run for about 15 minutes or so then they both are decently responsive.

03-31-10 05:49 PM

LOL, no poke intended.

03-31-10 05:51 PM
    I lost my html when i updated to 5.0.0.586 when i go to the options its not even an option to get images.
    03-31-10 05:54 PM
    This app has been a little slow for a few releases now. I have found that if you just let it run for a while so it can download everything, it will speed up. I usually just start fb and twitter after an upgrade and just let them run for about 15 minutes or so then they both are decently responsive.

Nope. I've had FB running for a few days. I've done a battery pull and no luck. Not a big deal but very annoying. Is it possibly a setting that changed? Weird...

03-31-10 08:25 PM

instead of K now press and hold A and instead of P use green send button, i found that send button way easier to press then P
    03-31-10 09:31 PM
    running this OS for two days now, i hane nothing to complain, only one thing is annoying but can live with it, its agenda view in calendar, its luggy, its not as responsive as it was on older OS's
    03-31-10 09:34 PM
    I guess I must be only person who has a problem with my gmail account since the update.
    03-31-10 10:20 PM
    anyone knows how good is the radio, also does it come with the latest bbm or the same old one as before. how fast is boot times? since i see there are some font issues and no support for east asian ill stick it out with 545 taiwans official, all i needed was a good radio and a 48hr hard core bat life and 545 does it well for me, sms, email, video, pics are all fast and smooth no need for me to upgrade. and i get reception where were impossible before so im good untill some super features comes out, built into the app. 545 got allot of tight security as is anything more i can imagine will be a plus but it does what i need so far, one thing i notice on all the officials thou is docs to go there arent icons just the plate icon but it still launches the apps and it works so thats not a problem. ill wait for better releases to come. haven fun all.

I agree... radio on .545 is awesome.. I don't drop calls...
    03-31-10 10:45 PM
    I agree... radio on .545 is awesome.. I don't drop calls...
    about signal: I'm in my basement now, on previous OS's i had 1 or 2 bars less, with this OS i have full bars with solid 3G icon.
    03-31-10 10:57 PM
    Anyone know how to make it bigger?
    Age old question my friend...
    03-31-10 10:57 PM
    Now for battery life. I am on a conference call. Starting from 95% battery at the beginning of the call I am at 35% after 4.25 hours. This is using my mono headset with the normal background data for email, bw and this post. Data is over wifi with the call on 3g.

No problems with switching around while making calls as reported using my headset or BT.

04-01-10 12:12 AM
318 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD