Downloaded and installed last night. Oh, looks like I need to download App World again. Everything seems to be working just fine otherwise and I've got 123MB of free memory, which is pretty good.
    I have used .545, .566 and now .586 in the past two weeks and they all seem pretty much the same. I didn't encounter any of the other reported issues because I don't use my BB that way or use those apps but I'm glad to hear some of the .566 issues were fixed.
    It was funny, in .566 if I highlighted the SMS/MMS icon (which is always on the home screen for me) it would show all recent messages, read or not. Actually kind of annoying. Now it's gone. Thumbs up, I think.
    I will probably give it a full charge tonight and then test battery life over the next couple days.
    This is so much better than running the 5.0 betas on the 9000 ... no browser fixes, apps all pretty much work, fairly smooth by comparison.
    03-30-10 01:55 PM
    Does this one have a working Japanese romaji input option?
    03-30-10 02:28 PM
    No CJK support included, though you can always cobble together and include the appropriate files (571/591) on your own.
    Last edited by adamlau; 03-30-10 at 02:44 PM.
    03-30-10 02:33 PM
    As long as bebuzz, slacker, beweather, poynt and shazaam work, I think I'll jump on this OS as well
    03-30-10 02:46 PM
    I had a problem with .566 holding my WiFi signal at home and at work. Didn't have that problem with earlier builds. Was too lazy to roll back to .545.

.586 seems to have fixed that problem as my WiFi works flawlessly now...again.
    03-30-10 03:45 PM
    I must be going nuts, but I'm seeing some weirdness with my default ringtone vs. contacts without an assigned ringtone.

Contacts without an assigned ringtone will play the AT&T tune, NOT the ringtone associated with the current profile. Same thing with the messages ringtone - contacts without an assigned message ringtone will play bb_sanguine, not the messages ringtone for the current profile.

Adding a new contact will have these two ringtones pre-selected. How nice of them LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-30-10 04:24 PM
    anyone with BerryWeather have an issue with the current cell/gps location not able to connect? i have that set as home and it failes to grab a cell location, but gps works as a fallback. it was working prior to the upgrade. then again, the weather got bad here so i dont know if its an issue with that.
    03-30-10 04:29 PM
    T-Mobile - (insert Wifi name if it is in use) + the Date and Time on the Home Screen appear to have become very miniscule in font size. The build before this fixed this problem. Anyone know how to make it bigger?
    03-30-10 04:32 PM
    Best solution for BBM is setting up Remote Backup, using your BlackBerry addy, deleteing BBM just before installing the OS, not adding BBM to the OS, downloading BBM OTA after, and finally restoring from the email.
    Thanks Wulf! I'll remember this for next time and see how it works for me!

BTW, anybody having probs downloading BBM .65 from the blog link? It keeps failing for me.

I know there are other links, I just noticed that all other links are 2.8MB vs. 2.4MB and didn't want any extra stuff on mine.
    03-30-10 04:33 PM
    T-Mobile - (insert Wifi name if it is in use) + the Date and Time on the Home Screen appear to have become very miniscule in font size. The build before this fixed this problem. Anyone know how to make it bigger?
    The theme was programmed w/ a smaller font. Not something to "fix". Perhaps switch your theme?
    03-30-10 04:35 PM
    Is it your theme?

I would try another theme and see what happens.

Last edited by oneshortsleeve; 03-30-10 at 04:41 PM.
    03-30-10 04:36 PM
    Ichthus wrote: BTW, anybody having probs downloading BBM .65 from the blog link? It keeps failing for me.

Dude while installing the 586 OS I just erased BBM completely and after everything was completed, just reintalled BBMessenger 5.0.0.66 (yes 66 not 65) using the OTA link from the unit browser...........never better, all the issues are pretty much gone.

I've been running this 586 without any problems whatsoever, even the lock issue was resolved, good luck to yall................
    03-30-10 05:45 PM
    I was having a problem with my BES Admins not being able to remote wipe or access my device with 545. This build fixed that problem.
    03-30-10 05:47 PM
    Gps lock is crazy fast on this build. I get a gps lock almost instantly.

03-30-10 06:03 PM
    Gps lock is crazy fast on this build. I get a gps lock almost instantly.

ive noticed in the last few OS's that the GPS lock got faster and faster. on .545, it was only like 5-10 seconds.
    03-30-10 06:07 PM
    Boot time is *CRAZY* on this build, I don't think any of my previous BB's have booted this fast before!

When I was on .545, my boot time was 4minutes 3 seconds with memory cleaning disabled. (4minutes 26seconds continuously when I had memory cleaning enabled)

With .586 it starts up in 1 minute 34 seconds!

-Encryption enabled, memory cleaning disabled
    Apps:
    - Call blocker pro
    - TubeBuddy
    - Poynt
    - Google maps
    - App world
    - WLM
    - Facebook
    - Custom theme
    you can't disable Memory Cleaning with Encryption enabled... atleast thats what I remember and have tried in the past.
    03-30-10 06:22 PM
    hey im just loading up the os and all through the app loader and its beeen running great untill it started on restore device data. its been stuck on black berry groups for the past half hour now and the display on my phone isnt showing any signs of activity just the blackberry icon and the computer icon. is it safe to unplug and just do a restore later ? seeing as how its the last on the agenda.
    03-30-10 06:31 PM
    hey im just loading up the os and all through the app loader and its beeen running great untill it started on restore device data. its been stuck on black berry groups for the past half hour now and the display on my phone isnt showing any signs of activity just the blackberry icon and the computer icon. is it safe to unplug and just do a restore later ? seeing as how its the last on the agenda.
    No matter where it's gotten stuck, I just hit the escape key on the phone and it continues the restore process. There have been times where I've had to do this 2-3 times throughout the restore.
    03-30-10 06:35 PM
    Yes, it works now. I went to Option>SMS>Delivery......., turned it Off, Reset the Device, and turned it On again.
    Thanks for the advice.

Now I can say that I have not found any problem in 586.

Hmm. This option is not there for me.

03-30-10 06:36 PM
    No matter where it's gotten stuck, I just hit the escape key on the phone and it continues the restore process. There have been times where I've had to do this 2-3 times throughout the restore.
    i tried the escape key no luck. any other ideas?
    03-30-10 06:38 PM
    loving the feedback on this
    03-30-10 06:40 PM
    i found that whenever i make a call or play music, my 9700 keeps switching from handset to speakerphone to headset (in which my headphones aren't even connected)

hope this isn't a hardware issue

reinstalling .586 fresh
    03-30-10 06:50 PM
    Disconnect, open DM to Backup/Restore, click Advanced, File->Open your last AutoBackup, any missing on the right (what's in your device) click on the left, and hit the right arrow button, except for any BBM settings. Any BBM settings on the right remove, then have the Remote Backup restore your BBM when you're done. If you never enabled Remote Backup or saved to either your device or SD, you can try adding them from the AutoBackup, but expect the groups to not load, and you to require being reinvited.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

03-30-10 06:53 PM
    Does BerryBuzz slow this build down like it did 545?
    03-30-10 07:04 PM
    Disconnect, open DM to Backup/Restore, click Advanced, File->Open your last AutoBackup, any missing on the right (what's in your device) click on the left, and hit the right arrow button, except for any BBM settings. Any BBM settings on the right remove, then have the Remote Backup restore your BBM when you're done. If you never enabled Remote Backup or saved to either your device or SD, you can try adding them from the AutoBackup, but expect the groups to not load, and you to require being reinvited.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Not sure whether you were really addressing me or not, but what I do works just fine without having to run DM, disconnect or anything else. The first restore works just fine with a couple keypresses on the phone. But thanks anyway...

I may only have 200 or so posts, but I've been a sysadmin for 20+ years. I think I can handle it
    03-30-10 07:16 PM
318 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD