I used to be able to use K to lock
    K to lock with a password is working for me on .586
    03-30-10 08:54 AM
    If you're having this problem, make sure you don't have ANY blackberry software running on your desktop by looking in task manager. You may need to end the RIM connection manager and the BB Manager (forgot their process names) manually in there.

As long as those apps are running, the new OS in the folder won't be scanned and won't be available to install.
    I too run Win 7 32bit and nothing is running in the background. I've had to use BBSAK to install a new OS. Works every time.
    03-30-10 09:12 AM
    Anyone got a fix for bbm not restoring contacts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 09:14 AM
    That black screen of death that was present in previous build is back on this build! you are correct.
    Thank you! I thought I was going crazy!
    03-30-10 09:17 AM
    A takes me to contacts.
    You have owned a lot of phones.
    03-30-10 09:17 AM
    Best solution for BBM is setting up Remote Backup, using your BlackBerry addy, deleteing BBM just before installing the OS, not adding BBM to the OS, downloading BBM OTA after, and finally restoring from the email.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

03-30-10 09:18 AM
    FYI Shazam works in this one.
    03-30-10 09:19 AM
    can anyone please upload to other website ?
    Here is an alternative link for anyone else to enjoy
    Last edited by DefconN; 12-29-10 at 07:51 AM.
    03-30-10 09:21 AM
    Thank you ! you made my day
    03-30-10 09:24 AM
    I just got off an hour long call and while my connection still toggles back and forth between UMA and EDGE, the transition seems to be a lot smoother with this OS than with any of the previous ones I've had. I can definitely live with that.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-30-10 09:27 AM
    Delivery confirmation for SMS is missing on this .586. It was there on .566. Am I the only one missing this?
    03-30-10 09:53 AM
    DocsToGo downgraded from 1.8.19 to 1.8.16

uninstall and reinstall should fix that.
    03-30-10 10:05 AM
    Anyone got a fix for bbm not restoring contacts?

yeah send your friend a message, or restore from sd card it should take a few min to restore then it should send you a veri to your email then the contact will resotre.
    03-30-10 10:13 AM
    Delivery confirmation for SMS is missing on this .586. It was there on .566. Am I the only one missing this?
    that is also on 545 as well, anything added on 586 thats worth the upgrade?
    03-30-10 10:20 AM
    Best solution for BBM is setting up Remote Backup, using your BlackBerry addy, deleteing BBM just before installing the OS, not adding BBM to the OS, downloading BBM OTA after, and finally restoring from the email.
    [...]
    I always backup to sdcard and IF need be restore from there... easier for me at least.
    03-30-10 10:32 AM
    Did you check :
    Options > SMS > Delivery Report > Yes

It worked in .545, .566 and .586.

OR could it be your provider Telkomsel? I see that 3G.BB is also on same provider.
    03-30-10 10:43 AM
    good or not good?
    03-30-10 11:18 AM
    Did you check :
    Options > SMS > Delivery Report > Yes

It worked in .545, .566 and .586.

OR could it be your provider Telkomsel? I see that 3G.BB is also on same provider.
    Yes, it works now. I went to Option>SMS>Delivery......., turned it Off, Reset the Device, and turned it On again.
    Thanks for the advice.

Now I can say that I have not found any problem in 586.

03-30-10 11:18 AM
    I always backup to sdcard and IF need be restore from there... easier for me at least.
    I've had trouble with groups hanging on restore from the SD and major trouble like everyone installing with the OS. Never anything but smooth with my blackberry email.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

03-30-10 11:20 AM
    Yes, it works now. I went to Option>SMS>Delivery......., turned it Off, Reset the Device, and turned it On again.
    Thanks for the advice.

Now I can say that I have not found any problem in 586.

I don't see this option in .586. Is it supposed to be in the messages app or the main settings list? I don't see it in either, but I'm assuming the latter, since messages>options doesn't even have a section labeled "sms"

What exactly does this even do? Am I missing something crucial?

O I'm on at&t. And I just remembered how the ampersand needs to have a button. Who uses semicolons more than ampersands?

03-30-10 12:26 PM
    I'm loving this build! Viigo Lite finally shows the pics, IM+ Lite connects flawlessly & Shazam finally works right. BBM & App World deleted upon upgrade but no biggie

03-30-10 12:30 PM
    It seems to be working flawless on my phone, can't find one thing wrong yet...
    03-30-10 12:38 PM
    me too happy with this build, all my 20+ third party apps working flawlessly, no bugs to complain, very stable after 3 hour of use
    03-30-10 12:51 PM
    I don't see this option in .586. Is it supposed to be in the messages app or the main settings list? I don't see it in either, but I'm assuming the latter, since messages>options doesn't even have a section labeled "sms"

What exactly does this even do? Am I missing something crucial?

O I'm on at&t. And I just remembered how the ampersand needs to have a button. Who uses semicolons more than ampersands?

I do, for smileys.

03-30-10 12:53 PM
    Boot time is *CRAZY* on this build, I don't think any of my previous BB's have booted this fast before!

When I was on .545, my boot time was 4minutes 3 seconds with memory cleaning disabled. (4minutes 26seconds continuously when I had memory cleaning enabled)

With .586 it starts up in 1 minute 34 seconds!

-Encryption enabled, memory cleaning disabled
    Apps:
    - Call blocker pro
    - TubeBuddy
    - Poynt
    - Google maps
    - App world
    - WLM
    - Facebook
    - Custom theme
    03-30-10 01:51 PM
318 ... 45678 ...