BBM .57 but this puppy is way fast on the 8900. Home Screen fonts enlarged, including those of the native Today Layout. Did I mention .586 is fast on the 8900 . Radio appears to be solid, OS seems stable on all accounts (though I did have to recreate WiFi profiles). Shrunk to under 33MB vs. ~35 MB (releases and leaks since .411) using the same Shrink-A-OS settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 02:24 AM
    Ok after install. During a call, weird thing is happening. Headphoens to handset mode keeps switching back and forth non stop making this weird clicking sound and calls are skipping out. Wtf is going on? can anyone chime in?

I am going back to .545! this is unacceptable I tried everything, restarts/battery pulls and nothing. Also when backlight is off and pressing a button to turn it on, the black screen lag is back!
    Last edited by evorc; 03-30-10 at 03:01 AM.
    03-30-10 02:34 AM
    anyone else experience some sort of lag when your back light on the screen goes off and then you push any button to get it back on, the screen lights up but it's still black for a second or so then the home screen or whatever screen you were on last comes up
    That black screen of death that was present in previous build is back on this build! you are correct.
    03-30-10 02:47 AM
    So far, so good here. As everyone else has said, obviously too early to comment on batter life. But overall seems stable.

One thing I did notice when installing over .566 was that DocsToGo was downgraded.
    DocsToGo downgraded from 1.8.19 to 1.8.16

03-30-10 02:53 AM
    So far so good... One minor annoyance... When I got e-mails before, if I hit the end key, even if I didn't read them, the message indicator went away. Now I have to open all my e-mails to do that!

Other than that, no complaints. Signal seems better. I dropped a bunch of calls on .566 today.

Holy wow. RAM usage is only 33.32MB according to FixMo and I've got 105.63MB free storage - I was down to 98 on .566
    Last edited by Ethrem; 03-30-10 at 03:04 AM.
    03-30-10 02:59 AM
    DocsToGo downgraded from 1.8.19 to 1.8.16
    Those are both ancient versions!

Latest DocsToGo is v2.0004.012
    03-30-10 03:24 AM
    IM GOING INSANE! i cant install leaked os! i ave done it so many times before! i use windows 7 32 bit, and i delete the vendor, disconnect from internet, and lauch apploader. nothing is showing up! i deleted all other os's installed on this computer, what more can i do!

Same thing here. Same windows.

I'm obligated to use my friend XP...
    If you're having this problem, make sure you don't have ANY blackberry software running on your desktop by looking in task manager. You may need to end the RIM connection manager and the BB Manager (forgot their process names) manually in there.

As long as those apps are running, the new OS in the folder won't be scanned and won't be available to install.
    03-30-10 03:31 AM
    I just upgrade from .442 to .586....when opening up the Maps application, all I see is "diagonal lines" and no map is loaded...tried different zoom level and no luck. tried start GPS navigation and manage to get satellite lock but still no map data coming in.

tried local search and returned with error "A network error was encountered. Check your server settings." ...

Revert back to .442 and it works fine. Upgrade again to .586 and same problem...any idea ?

I'm using BIS and BES, please help...
    Last edited by humanjoy; 03-30-10 at 03:47 AM.
    03-30-10 03:41 AM
    Any words on the battery usage?
    03-30-10 04:23 AM
    ^^still early but seems on par with .545... for me maybe even better....
    03-30-10 04:58 AM
    I agree with the majority it s more or less the same as .545 didn t noticed any difference.

Only thing my boot time is much longer

Why there s not the new BBM .67 on it and also not the newest doc to go anywise it s not a big deal to do it manually .
    03-30-10 06:47 AM
    im not getting as good battery life is I did from .545. I removed from charger at 4:30 this morning and usually by noon I am at 92% and currently its 8:18 and I am at 92% already... same apps ... same usage..
    03-30-10 07:19 AM
    Ok after install. During a call, weird thing is happening. Headphoens to handset mode keeps switching back and forth non stop making this weird clicking sound and calls are skipping out. Wtf is going on? can anyone chime in?

I am going back to .545! this is unacceptable I tried everything, restarts/battery pulls and nothing. Also when backlight is off and pressing a button to turn it on, the black screen lag is back!
    I don't think it's the OS I had same issue check the gold prongs in the headset Jack they get stuck if u stick headset in I just bent it back and problem fixed!
    03-30-10 07:32 AM
    I don't think it's the OS I had same issue check the gold prongs in the headset Jack they get stuck if u stick headset in I just bent it back and problem fixed!
    Yup, had that same issue. Not an OS issue at all
    03-30-10 07:38 AM
    Just installed last night after I read that Shaazm was fixed. However, the reason I was waiting for .586 was because I was hoping it would fix my issue with Sling Player. What is taking them so long with releasing a version of the 9700. I'm still using a version that came out for the 9000 and this is the second time that an update broke it; but the first time that the very next update didn't fix it.

On the flip side, the new LinkedIn app does work, as does:

* Bolt Browser
    * Opera Mini
    * Quick Launch (why haven't they added the restore function to load)
    * Pandora
    * Google Voice
    * Tivo DVR Scheduler
    * last.fm
    * podtrapper
    * lastpass
    * social scope lite (STILL on .5.44.-0(0)
    03-30-10 08:03 AM
    I just upgrade from .442 to .586....when opening up the Maps application, all I see is "diagonal lines" and no map is loaded...tried different zoom level and no luck. tried start GPS navigation and manage to get satellite lock but still no map data coming in.

tried local search and returned with error "A network error was encountered. Check your server settings." ...

Revert back to .442 and it works fine. Upgrade again to .586 and same problem...any idea ?

I'm using BIS and BES, please help...

my BBMaps works just fine. sounds like its having some kind of a connection issue.
    03-30-10 08:06 AM
    Any words on the battery usage?
    im not getting as good battery life is I did from .545. I removed from charger at 4:30 this morning and usually by noon I am at 92% and currently its 8:18 and I am at 92% already... same apps ... same usage..

dont forget guys, you need to give the phone about 2 days of use and charging before you can comment on battery usage. ive noticed and noted here before, that a fresh OS install seems to drain more than normal in the first day or so of use. after a fresh full charge overnight and using it the next day give you a more accurate reading. its almost like the OS needs to settle in before battery usage becomes stabilized. i dont report on battery usage until after a small waiting period. i think its too soon for people to comment on battery life just yet.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 03-30-10 at 08:11 AM.
    03-30-10 08:09 AM
    Man, I can't tell any difference at all vs. .545.
    03-30-10 08:16 AM
    Hey all,
    I've installed and tried the last couple of betas and leaks for the 9700, this one included. I am currently back to .423 because of one minor little annoyance.
    I have quicklaunch set up to sms a few contacts. When I select a contact, send a sms, then exit, it always takes me into the messages folder. It should take me back to the homescreen, as it does with .423.
    I noticed a while back that someone else was experiencing the same issues. I contacted Nikkisoft and they told me they were aware of the problem, but didn't know how to fix it. This was a month ago, and I haven't heard anything back since.
    I know it sounds more like this should be in the apps section, but I just wanted to confirm that this was happening on this OS build with other users also.
    Could a few of you try this out and post back?
    Thanks in advance!!
    03-30-10 08:16 AM
    Has the keylock issue been fixed from .566?

I used to be able to use K to lock (dont allow dialing from home screen). on .566 i can only use the top lock button.
    03-30-10 08:21 AM
    Has the keylock issue been fixed from .566?

I used to be able to use K to lock (dont allow dialing from home screen). on .566 i can only use the top lock button.
    use A or alt + enter if you use a password.
    03-30-10 08:25 AM
    A takes me to contacts.
    03-30-10 08:31 AM
    hold it in for half a second
    03-30-10 08:38 AM
    Hey

Good build but my bb msger contacts won't restore via email. It says checking email status and gets stuck!!

03-30-10 08:46 AM
    can anyone please upload to other website ?
    03-30-10 08:48 AM
318 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD