.586 Leaked OS...

5.0.0.586 MegaUpload

Findings only? Or confess how it's changed your life in its entirety...
    03-29-10 06:35 PM
    Nice!Thanks for the link. Will report soon.
    03-29-10 06:41 PM
    Yesss!! I was just about to enter the dangerous life of running a hybrid after the dissapointment with .566.
    Poor battery life, etc...

Will return in a while to provide feedbakc on this one..
    You say it will change our life... hope you are right!!

Cheers!
    03-29-10 06:42 PM
    It's definitely snappier than .545! Oh good Lord, what have I done?!
    03-29-10 06:43 PM
    Is this a hybrid or a leak?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 06:46 PM
    Define snappier.

03-29-10 06:46 PM
    downloading now
    03-29-10 06:48 PM
    Is this a hybrid or a leak?

Leak... it's up on the main page, but that always turns into stupid comments, so this can be a/the thread for real findings/questions/complaints.
    03-29-10 06:49 PM
    Subscribed

Dear CB... Please give us a way to subscribe over WAP so everyone doesn't have to read that I subscribed to this thread!!

03-29-10 06:50 PM
    Yesss!! I was just about to enter the dangerous life of running a hybrid after the dissapointment with .566.
    Poor battery life, etc...

Will return in a while to provide feedbakc on this one..
    You say it will change our life... hope you are right!!

Cheers!
    Try installing this as "Country/Region : United Kingdom" instead of USA so your date appears as you always wanted...
    03-29-10 06:55 PM
    Coming off Pawncake's 571 hybrid (and very happy with it), I have high hopes for this leak. Downloading now, but I'll wait and see if the app switcher, media player, sms bug from 566 are fixed and some of your great opinions. After installing an os on my 9700 what seems like everyday for the past few weeks, I'd rather make sure it's a good one before doing it again (just got the hybrid installed 2 days ago & got all my app settings back in) Happy upgrading everyone !!!
    Last edited by intprd04; 03-29-10 at 07:09 PM.
    03-29-10 06:56 PM
    Subscribed

Dear CB... Please give us a way to subscribe over WAP so everyone doesn't have to read that I subscribed to this thread!!

What he said! =)

03-29-10 07:08 PM
    03-29-10 07:10 PM
    Downloading.....

03-29-10 07:12 PM
    Ughh people we dont need you to tell us your downloading. Tell us when you've finished and have something helpful to say about the leaked OS.
    03-29-10 07:14 PM
    This is the only place in the world where i get this excited to download something that everyone rates in 2.2 seconds that could potentially "blow" my bb and takes me forever to download, upload, and run tests!!!! i can hear my mother's voice ringing in my head "If everyone jumped of a bridge, would you jump too?" No, but give me a bb leak and i'm off and running w/scissors again!

ps i'm liking pwncakes hybrid
    03-29-10 07:16 PM
    Can anyone tell me if the option to change the number of thumbnails viewed in pics is back? -crosses fingers
    03-29-10 07:16 PM
    Ughh people we dont need you to tell us your downloading. Tell us when you've finished and have something helpful to say about the leaked OS.
    thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    03-29-10 07:17 PM
    installing now... can anyone provide details of the bugs from .566 to check for...
    03-29-10 07:21 PM
    - Fast/rewinding in video and music player
    - SMS issues, you can deleting SMS's having them not actually be deleted and keep popping back up.
    - app switcher in browser!

those are problems from previous build
    03-29-10 07:24 PM
    fast rewinding when selecting the video position or by hitting the rewind button?

how can i check the sms issue?

also how do i confirm the app switcher thing..

its booting now and i wanna be able to provide accurate info...
    03-29-10 07:27 PM
    - Fast/rewinding in video and music player
    - SMS issues, you can deleting SMS's having them not actually be deleted and keep popping back up.
    - app switcher in browser!

those are problems from previous build
    Does Shazam work?

Thanks for the updates!
    03-29-10 07:28 PM
    This is the only place in the world where i get this excited to download something that everyone rates in 2.2 seconds that could potentially "blow" my bb and takes me forever to download, upload, and run tests!!!! i can hear my mother's voice ringing in my head "If everyone jumped of a bridge, would you jump too?" No, but give me a bb leak and i'm off and running w/scissors again!

ps i'm liking pwncakes hybrid
    Thanks it seems a lot of people are having minimal issues. We'll see how this build holds up to mine, and see how many bugs there are to fix.
    03-29-10 07:29 PM
    03-29-10 07:34 PM
    installing now... can anyone provide details of the bugs from .566 to check for...
    F yea.

• Shazam doesn't setup; app is useless in 566.
    • Media player cannot seek videos or music, video not synced with sound.
    • Theme interpretation changed -- fonts bigger for some reason.
    • SMS issues. Unable to delete messages without also deleting from SMS inbox folder.
    • App switcher. Gets all screwy in browser when page is loaded.

To check/test issues:
    - Shazam: Try to setup Shazam and see if it will get to the point of tagging.

- Media player: When viewing a video, move up to the seek bad and press the track pad - can you skip as needed, or is it still allowing one second at a time?

- Theme issue depends on opinion...

- App switcher: load a page, the press and hold BB/menu key. Try to move one icon at a time.

Thank you for checking -- your feedback is very much appreciated.
    03-29-10 07:34 PM
318 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD