If you enable a lock password and use the "Password Lock" icon to lock your device, the owner info is shown right away, otherwise, after the "security timeout" has elapsed, your owner info will be shown if you used the lock button on top to lock the device.

If you don't have a lock password set, then you won't see the owner info displayed.

Cheers.
    Yeah, I know but the password lock is a real pain in the amount of times i lock the device throughout the day. 1 button unlock like before is much better then a 4 key password unlock. Oh well, hope they will some how remedy it for future releases, seems to be the only topic of complaints for the new OS, which is good, nothing major.
    03-23-10 12:18 PM
    I said the same thing, and because I didn't think this thread was about this leak, I created another Findings thread. It's here. For the sake of keeping things together, we should have a mod either fix this thread's title, or close one of our threads.
    I fixed the title. If you created the thread, just click on the same line as the title (from the forum screen), but niot actually on the thread and it should edit the title.

You can do this for other people's threads though.
    03-23-10 12:20 PM
    Yeah, I know but the password lock is a real pain in the amount of times i lock the device throughout the day. 1 button unlock like before is much better then a 4 key password unlock. Oh well, hope they will some how remedy it for future releases, seems to be the only topic of complaints for the new OS, which is good, nothing major.
    Well, what I do is set the security timeout to 1 hour, so that the password lock doesn't engage until then. If I've left it alone for over an hour, entering the password ain't so bad.
    03-23-10 12:20 PM
    get that sick outta ur ***
    The question I now have is: Will RIM make use of the now freed-up right-hand button that used to be the STandby key?
    03-23-10 12:25 PM
    The question I now have is: Will RIM make use of the now freed-up right-hand button that used to be the STandby key?
    Mute.

Heh heh.
    03-23-10 12:28 PM
    Overall this build is GREAT.
    However, the speaker sounds tinnier than usual, and I am also having the funky task switcher issue when in the browser. No word yet on whether the infamous SMS thread lockout is fixed, as I did a clean wipe of the OS, and did not restore messages.
    03-23-10 01:36 PM
    confirmation on missing games? also someone brought up there was BBM .65 on the tour's leaked OS, is this the case in this version?
    03-23-10 02:13 PM
    I noticed so much lag in just scrolling through the apps in the home screen. It even lagged when scrolling through the photos. I have my BB password protected and the Lock button on the top of the device doesn't lock it! It sets the device in standby mode.

Everything else seemed fine. I am downgrading back to .461, the most stable and fastest OS for me.

Blame the CrackBerry addict in me for wanting to upgrade!
    03-23-10 02:34 PM
    Separate SMS messages are now showing up on the "TODAY" themes.
    YES!! I'm loving having that feature back!
    03-23-10 03:10 PM
    Overall this build is GREAT.
    However, the speaker sounds tinnier than usual, and I am also having the funky task switcher issue when in the browser. No word yet on whether the infamous SMS thread lockout is fixed, as I did a clean wipe of the OS, and did not restore messages.
    im having exact same issue might just downgrade AGAIN, i still think 411 is the best.
    03-23-10 04:56 PM
    Been running it for a whole day now and it seems to be working fine for me. I honestly don't notice a real difference between this build and .411
    03-23-10 10:55 PM
    YES!! I'm loving having that feature back!
    i 'don't like it! how to remove these feature??
    03-24-10 03:27 AM
    Been running it for a whole day now and it seems to be working fine for me. I honestly don't notice a real difference between this build and .411
    The biggest difference between this build and .411 will be the lock/standby functionality change and the new today feature on SMS/MMS messages.
    03-24-10 07:59 AM
    Another nice feature with this OS that I find very useful is the 'recent contacts when composing email' it was in a previous OS sometime back, but I haven't seen it for a long time. The option can be enabled under Options > General Options in the Messages application. Comes in handy when you want to email people who aren't in your contacts but you may have emailed previously and/ or remember only a portion of their email address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 07:17 PM
    Re: the lock feature. I liked to use the 'K' key to lock my phone and with this OS I am happy to report the feature is back ...of course only with the phoning from home screen option disabled ...

03-24-10 07:36 PM
    Another nice feature with this OS that I find very useful is the 'recent contacts when composing email' it was in a previous OS sometime back, but I haven't seen it for a long time. The option can be enabled under Options > General Options in the Messages application. Comes in handy when you want to email people who aren't in your contacts but you may have emailed previously and/ or remember only a portion of their email address.

Sweet! Thanks, I didn't know about that feature.
    03-24-10 08:45 PM
    so...my PC suddenly made a restart while i was installing .554.
    now i can't install the OS into my PC, the message said was it can't find the blackberry8900.msi
    can anybody help me with this problem?
    thanks
    03-24-10 09:46 PM
    Still no fading home screen icons like there were in 5.0.0.348.
    03-24-10 09:51 PM
    the fading effect i believe is theme related
    any 5.0 will certainly support the transition effect..if..the theme has it
    cmiiw
    03-24-10 10:23 PM
    I know in the past, the T-mobile theme was the one that had the fade effect. I don't know if it still does because I remove all other themes other than the default when I install the OS but you can always try and see if it still works.
    03-24-10 11:48 PM
    Been using this leak for almost a few days. It is very much the same as .509, except it has that new today SMS/MMS feature. However, when you delete the messages. Once you reboot the device they all come back However, on second reboot they all gone....hmm.

I found that the radio signal and UMA connection is better than .509. UMA connects literally immediately on each reboot and start up.

The memory leaks management is also better, but it still leaks basically at slower rate.

You will loose Sudoku game and BBM is now part of the core program that you can't remove unless you modified .cod file from the Loader Files folder. Of course, you can still tweak to put Sudoku game on this leak as well.

I might try the hybrid made by Adamlau to see which one I like better.

Cheers
    03-25-10 12:42 PM
    Been using this leak for almost a few days. It is very much the same as .509, except it has that new today SMS/MMS feature. However, when you delete the messages. Once you reboot the device they all come back However, on second reboot they all gone....hmm.
    I have the same problem.
    03-25-10 01:57 PM
    Anyone noticing slow boot up after a batt pull? I'm getting super slow reboot.
    03-26-10 07:56 PM
    Nope, mine is within 3 mins.
    03-26-10 08:00 PM
    I finally made the move from .509 to .554 tonight. Had to do a couple of restarts (loaded a couple of themes to the phone via ThemeBuilder and also reloaded the COD for Sudoku from 509 to 554 since 554 didn't include it) -- and all the restarts were fast -- maybe 3 mins or so?
    03-27-10 11:00 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD