Too much BS...

5.0419 is good enough ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 04:51 PM
    I had issues on my initial load. Wiped and re did it and running smooth now. Had constant reboots before. Not sure of the difference but for whatever reason the second time worked. Running straight .530 May add a hybrid if this stays stable. So far love it. Browser is waaay faster.
    03-09-10 12:33 PM
    It's a good thing I just had surgery and will be on the shelf for a few months! Patience is the name of my game.
    03-09-10 12:44 PM
    I had issues on my initial load. Wiped and re did it and running smooth now. Had constant reboots before. Not sure of the difference but for whatever reason the second time worked. Running straight .530 May add a hybrid if this stays stable. So far love it. Browser is waaay faster.

I have never done a "Wipe"
    How would you go about doing it ?
    03-09-10 01:51 PM
    You guys think this OS will go official?

03-09-10 08:17 PM
    You can simply open up the alx file in notepad to see the modules to delete... but there is no point, delete the alx file and it's the same thing, as without the alx file, apploader won't know to install the files listed within.
    Where will I find the alx file?

Can I delete that if I already have .530 on and then reload it with the alx file removed ?
    03-09-10 08:17 PM
    You guys think this OS will go official?

Holy crap I hope not... But if the devs read this they have their issues log. Oh and fix it so when you start the camera the call your on doesn't get suspended...

03-09-10 08:28 PM
    Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9630AMEA_v5.0.0.530_P4.2.0.244\

there is a verizon ptt .alx in here

Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9630AMEA_v5.0.0.530_P4.2.0.244\Java

the others are net_rim_bb_phone_vz_ptt.cod, net_rim_bb_phone_vz_ptt_proxy.cod, bptt.cod, MPTT.cod
    I was able to find and delete
    Verizion ptt.alx
    net_rim_bb_phone_vz_ptt.cod
    net_rim_bb_phone_vz_ptt_proxy.cod
    MPTT.cod

But couldn't find the bptt.cod

I tried to RELOAD these changes but was unable
    I just get software is up to date

So how do I reload the 530 if its already on my phone?
    03-09-10 10:50 PM
    Also wondering where the bptt.cod is?
    03-09-10 11:14 PM
    I've read a lot of mixed reviews about this leak and I'm a little cautious about downloading it. Would it be safer to load the official Sprint 5.0 release on a Verizon Tour?
    03-10-10 09:23 AM
    I've read a lot of mixed reviews about this leak and I'm a little cautious about downloading it. Would it be safer to load the official Sprint 5.0 release on a Verizon Tour?
    I say why not try it? What's the worse that can happen? If it is not to your liking just switch back. Easy is....pie..cake

03-10-10 09:31 AM
    Does anyone know how to wipe the Tour?
    03-10-10 12:24 PM
    I say why not try it? What's the worse that can happen? If it is not to your liking just switch back. Easy is....pie..cake

Tried it and it went through flawlessly. No problems so far and I did it about an hour ago.
    03-10-10 12:53 PM
    Also wondering where the bptt.cod is?

Its almost like the ones who posted what to remove from the linked version have all moved on to somewhere else or lost linterest or they didn't work.
    03-10-10 01:20 PM
    Does anyone know how to wipe the Tour?
    Download BBSAK
    03-10-10 03:57 PM
    I am guessing that this bptt.cod could be a typo
    or someone is messing with us.

No one seems to know what or where it is.
    03-11-10 03:10 PM
    I've been running this since the day it was released and it runs like a charm.
    03-11-10 03:43 PM
    I've been running this since the day it was released and it runs like a charm.
    Where did you find bptt.cod ?
    03-11-10 03:48 PM
    I think this link may still work5.0.0.530
    03-11-10 04:22 PM
    So is this worth upgrading too? Besides the reboot in holster

03-11-10 07:01 PM
    So is this worth upgrading too? Besides the reboot in holster

I have found this OS to be the best of them all minus the rebooting. The browser is the fastest for an OS without using a hybrid. I do have a holster that I no longer use because of the rebooting, but I think its worth it just because on how flawless it browses through the apps as well and again the browser is why i gave up using a holster. There is somewhat of a battery drain but not too bad. Overall ive been one of the lucky ones that hasn't had too many problems with this build. ive only gotten the reboots when it goes in the holster have been running it for a week.
    03-11-10 07:16 PM
    I have found this OS to be the best of them all minus the rebooting. The browser is the fastest for an OS without using a hybrid. I do have a holster that I no longer use because of the rebooting, but I think its worth it just because on how flawless it browses through the apps as well and again the browser is why i gave up using a holster. There is somewhat of a battery drain but not too bad. Overall ive been one of the lucky ones that hasn't had too many problems with this build. ive only gotten the reboots when it goes in the holster have been running it for a week.
    Sounds good. Luckily I don't ever use a holster so that won't be a problem for me. I'll install here in a bit and see how it goes for me.
    03-11-10 08:31 PM
    Sounds good. Luckily I don't ever use a holster so that won't be a problem for me. I'll install here in a bit and see how it goes for me.
    good luck and keep us updated on how it goes
    03-11-10 09:30 PM
    Cool, can't find a working link for it. Anyone got one?
    03-11-10 10:22 PM
    Make sure to delete vendor.xml in your appLoader folder
    if its a leaked verizon OS, do u still have to delete the vendor file??
    03-12-10 02:15 PM
440 ... 15161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD