01-06-10 04:01 PM
119 ... 345
tools
    Minor bug report: on my BBM, instead of "Send" it shows "Messenger Contact" after I type and hit the trackpad. It behaves as usual and sends my message thou.
    11-24-09 11:00 PM
    I love the new update!
    just installed.. going to try out YM and MSN
    11-25-09 10:03 AM
    I've reinstalled .314 back on my 8520. Can say i appreciate the stability of this version, even though i miss the option to have vibrate and ringtones both switched on at the same time.

Somehow or rather, i don't miss threaded messaging! Am i the only one to feel this way. I really love the old school way of how the text messages look. It feels like even if RIM releases the official 5.0 OS for the 8500 series, i may not switch over

Still i must say the leaked version of 5.0 is pretty good. Those of you are are contemplating giving it a go should try. That's not to say there aren't any bugs. Like i've mentioned in my earlier posts, there are a couple. Actually, there are a couple more which i didn't mention, but i believe fellow members have identified.
    Same here... it was cool, but the small bugs were annoying.
    11-25-09 10:21 AM
    confirmed! it just plays in order.
    u mean as in shuffle? mine shuffles
    11-25-09 11:23 AM
    please let me know how it turns out as well
    11-25-09 11:24 AM
    so far i have no troubles
    11-25-09 11:30 AM
    MSN seems to only show the emails now, not the contact names/nicks.

It does shuffle, but you have to get to the music list before you can have it working.

Now that my carrier upgraded BIS, things are getting really confusing here lol!

Edit 1: Was not carrier, it's a 5.0 feature, Contact sync for Gmail. So far, I hated it.

Edit 2: New version of Desktop Manager gave me an upgrade of Core Applications.
    Last edited by diegonei; 11-30-09 at 12:23 PM.
    11-25-09 01:44 PM
    cant use wifi,
    keeps saying "Failed to Obtain IP address"
    anyone else getting this?
    11-26-09 09:06 PM
    Even though this leak doesn't "include" Asian languages I found a simple work around. I wanted Thai so I know it works for Thai and I presume it will work for the other Asian languages as well. Simply copy and paste the "CJK.alx" from a 4.6 distribution into the 5.0 directory. I was also going to copy all the Thai language COD files but they were already there. The only thing missing to make the Asian languages work was the alx file. Now I have 5.0 on my 8520 with English and Thai.
    11-30-09 11:03 AM
    Anybody able to say if this leak has better battery life than the other official versions? I can't make my mind on this.

Also, what about memory leaks? How do I find them? I seem to have one, as I deleted many emails for the device and my memory is still dropping...
    11-30-09 12:26 PM
    does anyone know why sms messages dont appear under the today layout of themes on a blackberyy 8900 with os 5.0.0.348? ive been googling all over and cant seem to find anything. only emails come up as a preview under messages but no previes of messages. please help!!!
    someone said it might be because sms s are now threaded in v5.0?

ur answer is greatly appreciated!!
    thanks for the input!
    12-01-09 09:07 PM
    Dear all
    I've been installed os 5.0.0.348 over two week, after all it's ok but there are one log error always came same,
    "Name: System
    GUID: 97c9f5f641d25e5f
    Time: Dec 03, 2009 06:45:37
    PMEGraphics paintFO failed image: 4 on node: 497"

Can anyone describe me this error mean, it's always show on my log, the other it fine
    Thank's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 07:00 PM
    SMS messages appear as threaded chats under BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 if you have the 5.0 OS installed also. So far I cannot find a way to go back to the classic way of reading SMS messages.

does anyone know why sms messages dont appear under the today layout of themes on a blackberyy 8900 with os 5.0.0.348? ive been googling all over and cant seem to find anything. only emails come up as a preview under messages but no previes of messages. please help!!!
    someone said it might be because sms s are now threaded in v5.0?

ur answer is greatly appreciated!!
    thanks for the input!
    12-05-09 11:09 PM
    Is it safe actually to installed those leaked ones and not released by RIM? I'm just worried.
    12-07-09 10:09 AM
    These are written by RIM. They are beta OSs that are supposed to be for Early Adopter Partners and selected Beta Testers. Some of those people leak the OS to the public. I also think occasionally when an OS is ready for RTM RIM will leak it themselves to see how it performs in real world conditions before declaring it Gold code. You cannot hurt your BB. You may experience some bugs, some functions might not work properly, some third party apps might not run and some of the graphics might not be fully polished yet; but I am running the .348 leak and except for a few glitches it has been fantastic. I cannot wait until newer and better versions are released. You cannot brick your BB. No matter what you do to it, you can always wipe its memory clean and reprogram it, just like those pretty dolls in the Dollhouse.
    12-07-09 11:05 AM
    Can somebody upload the leaked os pack?
    The original link was removed.

EDIT: Thanks Jack.
    Last edited by diegonei; 12-09-09 at 01:22 PM.
    12-07-09 11:50 AM
    Can somebody upload the leaked os pack?
    The original link was removed.
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    12-08-09 11:15 AM
    just updated from 4.6 to 5.0 myself... easy update, no problems so far, just those little bugs :/
    12-18-09 04:53 PM
    Installed. Works with BIS, doesn't work on BES.
    01-06-10 04:01 PM
119 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD