anyone having the issue where you go to open a new message, and it opens the previously viewed one? Even if you back out of it and open it again?
    11-19-09 07:44 PM
    I didn't notice anything like that. But which message? sms or IM?
    11-19-09 07:52 PM
    it has happened with sms and email. Facebook messages, too
    11-19-09 07:53 PM
    Nope, nothing like that.

I did have a hard time viewing pictures a few times. Zoom made the BB freeze then wouldn't allow me to close the picture viewer. I also find the 'thumbnailing' quite sluggish...
    11-19-09 07:56 PM
    ok, i've tried it... keeps restarting after load...

get a message that says...

This handheld device includes software that is proprietary... ... you are not permitted to reverse engineer ... blah blah

then it powers off and starts up again... done it about 4 times now...

anyone know why it's doing that?

i did a full wipe before install
    and installed without SD card

... guess i gotta go back to .314 :S

ah well!!

Last edited by lilminx; 11-19-09 at 10:19 PM.
    11-19-09 09:57 PM
    The MMS option is missing after the update. Is it only me or everyone else is missing the MMS option.
    11-19-09 10:07 PM
    MMS still available on mine.
    11-19-09 10:26 PM
    I am trying to achieve 161 hours of battery life which should be close to 7 days (charging every sunday).

I am not sure but I have a feeling this OS is eating battery a bit faster... .351 was leaked for the 9700 today, maybe when it comes out for us we'll see real battery improvement.
    Well the battery life is surprisingly improved on mine. 6 hrs since I unplugged the charger and my battery only down to 70%. I think I love this OS. .238 drains my battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 11:12 PM
    The MMS option is missing after the update. Is it only me or everyone else is missing the MMS option.
    Try resending your service book.
    11-19-09 11:43 PM
    Found some bugs:

Long sms does not work properly, i tries sending long sms which consists of more than 160 characters, amd everytime I do the device gets rebooted, donno if it's only me

and themes does not work that well with media, on the default theme, media folder is actually media home. I tried using leopard theme the media home is missing, creating media folder is just not the same. therefore if you are on any of the media application, if you choose media home from the menu it just doesn't do anything. and also media buttons does not work, previously if you press any of the key it will take you to media home, now it doesn't

those are the ones I noticed so far< other than that everything seems to work really well.
    11-20-09 12:06 AM
    i don't like this new OS's style for SMS and MMS...quite confusing to differentiate between IM and SMS...
    11-20-09 08:45 AM
    I think I hit a bug while messaging through bbm. When I sent short message many times in short interval, suddenly I couldn't send/received anything. I've to turn off the GSM radio and turn it on again to get it work.
    Last edited by bahamot; 11-20-09 at 09:28 AM.
    11-20-09 09:26 AM
    not a fault wit .348 infact i love it
    11-20-09 05:53 PM
    No fault too with .348, after 24Hours explore my Gemini. No reboot.
    No conflict with most applications..
    Working properly and nice looking than .238

New Voice Dialing, its really usefull.
    11-20-09 07:18 PM
    1. In event log, the warning "W System - PMEGraphics paintFO failed ..." keeps repeating

2. Documents to Go lost their screen icons. Only default icons available for them. Same goes for Music.

3. "Application Centre" and "Help" no longer work. I get "An error occured while updating the application list: Error 404".

4. The button to capture Photos and Video looks low-res. Also, the thumbnails in photo albums have a low-res feel.

5. Threaded messaging is cool, but i can no longer hit "R" in the main screen to reply to a message instantly. Also, the date stamp for each message is not listed, you have to scroll to each individual message to view the time.

6. Battery life has worsened for me. After charging my phone, i made a call that lasted 11min, battery dropped to 90%. Last night after a full charge, i woke up this morning 10 hours later to find my battery at 90%.

7. Backlight timeout seems unstable. Even while turned off, it tends to dim the screen as and when it likes.

8. Missed calls and text messages revert from the red to green LED after some time.

9. Love the new ring and vibrate option. But i find that sometimes the vibrate doesn't seem to work.

That's basically it, i understand some of you have experienced better battery lives, somehow it's not working for me.

I think this leaked version is more or less stable, however, the battery life and some snags have convinced me to revert to the official OS for the time being.

So far it's been kinda fun for me to have upgraded to 5.0. I hope the official release is even better!

Just a side note, even though threaded messaging is nice, i actually prefer the "old" style of text messaging. I can view each message in the main screen with the time stamp for each message. Oh well, i'm OCD that way
    Last edited by kingrx; 11-21-09 at 03:05 AM.
    11-21-09 03:03 AM
    1. In event log, the warning "W System - PMEGraphics paintFO failed ..." keeps repeating

2. Documents to Go lost their screen icons. Only default icons available for them. Same goes for Music.

3. "Application Centre" and "Help" no longer work. I get "An error occured while updating the application list: Error 404".

4. The button to capture Photos and Video looks low-res. Also, the thumbnails in photo albums have a low-res feel.

5. Threaded messaging is cool, but i can no longer hit "R" in the main screen to reply to a message instantly. Also, the date stamp for each message is not listed, you have to scroll to each individual message to view the time.

6. Battery life has worsened for me. After charging my phone, i made a call that lasted 11min, battery dropped to 90%. Last night after a full charge, i woke up this morning 10 hours later to find my battery at 90%.

7. Backlight timeout seems unstable. Even while turned off, it tends to dim the screen as and when it likes.

8. Missed calls and text messages revert from the red to green LED after some time.

9. Love the new ring and vibrate option. But i find that sometimes the vibrate doesn't seem to work.

That's basically it, i understand some of you have experienced better battery lives, somehow it's not working for me.

I think this leaked version is more or less stable, however, the battery life and some snags have convinced me to revert to the official OS for the time being.

So far it's been kinda fun for me to have upgraded to 5.0. I hope the official release is even better!

Just a side note, even though threaded messaging is nice, i actually prefer the "old" style of text messaging. I can view each message in the main screen with the time stamp for each message. Oh well, i'm OCD that way

i agree with almost all what kingrx said...
    for point no.3, is it just me and kingrx or all of you got this error?
    more or less, i am enjoying the new v5 OS because the looks are nice!
    will revert back to stable OS if i found more errors while browsing my bb...
    11-21-09 03:14 AM
    Thanks for the detailed input kingrx!

I was talking to CrackBerryV79 and here is what he said about the 5.0 on the Bold and this leak:

"They're really pretty similar... as I said, I'm not sure what the issue was with that leaked 5.0 OS and the SMS, but it seems to be pretty close to a finished product. Mostly, the official OS I'm running on this Bold is just extra smooth and super fast. I'm not sure how much of that is the actual finished product of the OS, versus this just being a superior phone.

It's kinda hard to say definitely, since that leaked one was actually an unofficial version of an OS that's higher than mine, so what may appear as minor quirks could ultimately be upgrades I'll be seeing myself later on."

I could get used to the new SMS style, but I agree, I miss the old texting look and feel. Also noticed that the spellcheck is not working properly for Brazilian Portuguese.
    11-21-09 08:57 AM
    I don't have app center but yes the help doesn't work.
    11-21-09 10:55 AM
    i dont have a prob and if better is yet to come wit the official then wow, u must remember its leaked and not a sent out official release, i like the booting up screen on this also
    11-21-09 07:26 PM
    kingrx is right, battery live seems worse on this released than on 4.6.1.x .
    11-23-09 06:22 AM
    Seems I found a bug as well.

When I go to Music and then try to get it to play at random it simply does nothing. Can you guys check this?
    11-23-09 09:26 AM
    Seems I found a bug as well.

When I go to Music and then try to get it to play at random it simply does nothing. Can you guys check this?
    confirmed! it just plays in order.
    11-23-09 09:38 AM
    confirmed! it just plays in order.
    RIM should hire us as beta testers.

EDIT: Did I mention I tried installing Viigo (now said to support OS 5.0) and it locked up just as before?
    Last edited by diegonei; 11-23-09 at 11:24 AM.
    11-23-09 10:07 AM
    I've reinstalled .314 back on my 8520. Can say i appreciate the stability of this version, even though i miss the option to have vibrate and ringtones both switched on at the same time.

Somehow or rather, i don't miss threaded messaging! Am i the only one to feel this way. I really love the old school way of how the text messages look. It feels like even if RIM releases the official 5.0 OS for the 8500 series, i may not switch over

Still i must say the leaked version of 5.0 is pretty good. Those of you are are contemplating giving it a go should try. That's not to say there aren't any bugs. Like i've mentioned in my earlier posts, there are a couple. Actually, there are a couple more which i didn't mention, but i believe fellow members have identified.
    11-23-09 03:06 PM
    Another bugs I found:
    - On low signal (on 4.6.1.x it's 2-3 bar signal), the os have trouble sending packets. I guess this is why this os has worse battery live.
    - When connected to WiFi, the os doesn't immediately connected (it need a minute or so) to RIM gateway while on 4.6.1.x it happens within seconds.
    - On home screen with dock, the WiFi icon sometimes doesn't go into solid color but on home screen without dock the WiFi icon is solid.
    11-24-09 09:07 PM
119 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD