It's been a while since I've done the upgrade OS thing. I used to have a Storm, and did it many times. It has been a while so can anyone give me a real quick tutorial on upgrading my Bold 9780? I have the original OS on it.

Thanks
    10-10-11 05:24 PM
    Things running smoothly on my end. Battery drain is very rapid but I expect that to decrease over the next couple days. Report back tomorrow.
    10-10-11 05:39 PM
    Things running smoothly on my end. Battery drain is very rapid but I expect that to decrease over the next couple days. Report back tomorrow.
    That was my problem with the devil's release, but with .600 I don't have any of those problems. Hopefully you'll post back with a better battery life. Thanx.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 05:56 PM
    I'm from Brazil, and sorry if i seem too newbie, but i just got my 9780... the info i get on my phone is that my package is 6.0 564, and it is updated.
    How do i upgrade? And, most important, what are the diferences?
    Is it really worth it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Storelli
    10-10-11 07:00 PM
    Que nada. N�o vale a pena.

From .564 to .668, you'll probably get better battery life. Follow this guide to update: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

And welcome to the forums.
    10-10-11 07:18 PM
    Does this fix double/triple input on the keyboards? .650 was a gift from the RIM gods and fixed that. Worried that when I upgrade it's going to go back again.
    10-10-11 07:44 PM
    Does this fix double/triple input on the keyboards? .650 was a gift from the RIM gods and fixed that. Worried that when I upgrade it's going to go back again.

This has the same sfi as 650 or very close to it. Go ahead and update.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    10-10-11 07:46 PM
    Almost 12 hours into it...56% battery left, including all the battery pulls, app updates/uninstalls, re-set up of ~15 existing apps, 1 hour of pandora listening, and just using it lightly all day long.

i have 0 issues to report, which is also to say, it works [in my experience] the exact same as .666. in other words, it works nicely.
    MaxPayne79 and ubizmo like this.
    10-10-11 08:34 PM
    Blackberry Bold 9780 version 6.0.0.668 (6.0.0.2949) officially released today.: Blackberry Bold 9780 version 6.0...

http://berryshout.com/?d=104a0f1577f...medium=twitter

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    10-11-11 02:36 AM
    Which is better : Wiping my device then re-installing each application or Wiping my device then restore the Back up file of 3rd party apps by BBSAK?
    I think the 1st is better
    10-11-11 03:19 AM
    ReUploaded
    10-11-11 04:08 AM
    Which is better : Wiping my device then re-installing each application or Wiping my device then restore the Back up file of 3rd party apps by BBSAK?
    I think the 1st is better
    It shouldn't matter� If you're putting all of the apps back on anyway, then you might as well put them on together and save the time & hassle.

BTW, have you tried other programs besides BBSAK? BB Boss v2.2 and BBMCP (BB Master Control Program) will everything BBSAK does, plus some other things too. I really like BB Boss' layout. MCP seemed a little confusing at first, but really does quite a lot.
    10-11-11 04:24 AM
    It shouldn't matter� If you're putting all of the apps back on anyway, then you might as well put them on together and save the time & hassle.

BTW, have you tried other programs besides BBSAK? BB Boss v2.2 and BBMCP (BB Master Control Program) will everything BBSAK does, plus some other things too. I really like BB Boss' layout. MCP seemed a little confusing at first, but really does quite a lot.
    Yes I'm also using BB Boss .. Sometimes for wiping and shrinking OS but I've never used BBMCP..
    10-11-11 04:44 AM
    I'm from Brazil, and sorry if i seem too newbie, but i just got my 9780... the info i get on my phone is that my package is 6.0 564, and it is updated.
    How do i upgrade? And, most important, what are the diferences?
    Is it really worth it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Storelli
    AppLoader Method to Install:

Download OS to PC.
    Following download, run OS file to install OS on PC. Follow on screen directions.
    On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled and also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    Connect BB to PC. Open Desktop Manager and backup device. Close DM.
    On PC, go to
    (64): Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete Vendor file.
    (32): Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete Vendor file.
    You can run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool to shrink the OS and remove unwanted files/apps.
    Run AppLoader (Research in Motion/AppLoader) to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions. Be sure to have PC plugged in to power source. Do not interrupt install process. Wait until BB restarts completely.
    Power up your BB and ensure that your apps are working. You may need to upgrade some apps (particularly BBM, as some OS versions contain old BBM versions).

Will report back tonight with battery life impressions. It's my first day at my new job. Excited!
    10-11-11 06:05 AM
    Almost 12 hours into it...56% battery left, including all the battery pulls, app updates/uninstalls, re-set up of ~15 existing apps, 1 hour of pandora listening, and just using it lightly all day long.

i have 0 issues to report, which is also to say, it works [in my experience] the exact same as .666. in other words, it works nicely.
    I'm running .666 at the moment, and it's working very well. I've downloaded .668 but haven't installed it yet. I'll wait until there's more feedback on how it compares. The process of re-initializing various apps is tedious, and I no longer feel the need to lurch to the latest leaked OS, unless I'm having specific problems that I hope are fixed.
    10-11-11 07:08 AM
    Though I have the .668 download, RIM has done it again ... Amen !!

Will have to wait till BIS works as need to get into AppWorld for my Apps.

Am actually getting a bit P**sed off with RIM outages now
    10-11-11 08:38 AM
    Downloading now, I'll pop back with some updates and observations.
    10-11-11 11:33 AM
    I can report excellent battery rate today, although I was working and not using the Berry for the most part. From around 7am to 5:45 PM it went from 100% to 75% with light usage.
    10-11-11 04:47 PM
    Much appreciate the Leak .668 from @ rroyy And also the speedy Fileserve link.

My sincere Thanks to @ zocster for the Super Tip !!

==========================================

The installation was 'as smooth as silk' with not a hitch.

Am using the .668 cods with the .666 sfi & with "everything loaded to my device", i.e. data + all apps, I still have over 250 MB storage.

Too early to say anything about Battery Life but with RIM still down here in India, voice calls are flawless (just like the earlier devil's version).

Will update more in a cpl of days.

Once again - zocster U made it rockz !!
    10-11-11 05:05 PM
    LOL, "All Sources" Really? Little arrogant huh.

I would point out that a lot of people have signatures turned off so as to avoid the drivel and linkbait that appears in them. Also, If you do this for money, rather than the good of the community you should just start charging directly for downloads, that way if you have access to TabletOS2 and if someone wants it they can get it and you're being transparent about your motives.

It's nice that you post this stuff but threatening to pull it, or hold off on some leaks until people follow your rules is a little inane seeing as you'll stop making any money off of us.

Post the stuff or don't post it, thats up to you, but chastizing people isn't the answer.

Thanks all who posted mirrors for reading my signature... One day u'll loose all your sources for leaks etc... The reason you guys not getting playbook OS2 and updated android player is what you do in this topic... Thats all! Thanks for reading...
    10-12-11 10:07 AM
    upgrding now, i was on the .480 till now and the battery drain and multiple keyboard input was extremely frustrating. hope this solves my problem.
    10-17-11 03:08 PM
    I can report excellent battery rate today, although I was working and not using the Berry for the most part. From around 7am to 5:45 PM it went from 100% to 75% with light usage.
    I'm having the total opposite effect. I cannot get a full day out of my 9780 now.
    10-24-11 12:04 PM
    668 upgrade went smoothly except I can not re-establish my email accounts . Every other leaked upgrade went smoothly
    10-26-11 09:24 PM
    668 upgrade went smoothly except I can not re-establish my email accounts . Every other leaked upgrade went smoothly
    Why are you using a leaked version when .668 has been official for some time?

10-26-11 11:04 PM
    Why are you using a leaked version when .668 has been official for some time?

lmao.. they're not searching well first.
    10-26-11 11:53 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD