Any problems with shrinking the OS yet? I'm about to load this leak...
    u can shrink the os but ppl saying shrinking it is going to make things worse.

if u dont have many apps then y need all that mem?
    11-20-10 10:18 PM

I have what some may consider many apps, so I guess having extra free memory would help. I was wondering about what you mention, I have also read about users saying that shrinking the OS is not the best option.

Shrinking anyway, see what happens...
    11-20-10 10:21 PM
    Well, it was fun while it lasted. I enjoyed the leaks especially the browser and speed of the youtube vid buffering. The cursor issues in SMS, BBM, and all IM clients and the crashes of BeeJive really killed it for me.

The last nail on the coffin was that of Google Voice and QuickLaunch issues. I SMS via GV but the message will not send. Can't copy/paste either. The App crashes a lot too.

I use QL for quick emailing. I can't send the email I type on QL unless I save it then access it from my Messages Inbox. Annoying!!!

I don't like the homescreen switch to favorites to media to etc. The web browser is amazing though! I never had any issues. It was snappy and rarely gave me problems. Another downside I had though was that I couldn't launch links from UberTwitter and the menu button wouldn't work to try to force launch them either. Hmm . . .

The latest build did not address the areas of my main concern:

SMS
    Email
    Google Voice
    BBM
    IM Clients
    BeeJive

That's the strong point of BlackBerry: the messaging experience. I am finally downgrading back to OS5. The multiple battery pulls per hour was driving me crazy! I will wait for the official release. It shows promise! It was fun while it lasted!
    beejive released a 2.1 beta build thats OS6 friendly. it works great on the 9700! you have to go on beejive's support forums to get the link
    11-20-10 10:24 PM
    I have what some may consider many apps, so I guess having extra free memory would help. I was wondering about what you mention, I have also read about users saying that shrinking the OS is not the best option.

Shrinking anyway, see what happens...
    i say if nething jus shrink the big files
    like ringtones, background, intro video and fonts
    11-20-10 10:27 PM
    I could have sworn they took Labels out of Gmail accounts in the previous leak, but they are there now. **you make have to Update Filter List

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 10:27 PM
    Shrank my OS to 87MB, deleted almost everything.

Installing now, will let yall know the results afterwards.

AND YES, you CAN/SHOULD shrink the OS6! It frees up memory of unnecessary things.
    Guatiao likes this.
    11-20-10 10:34 PM
    backed up all my 3rd party apps, delete the 2 tmobile theme and vendor.xml.. this is the smoothest OS upgrade i had, followed by installing the chinese language input and reader .cod files (from os 6 .344) without any problems.

i found out that the browser is now working outside wifi.
    sms problem is gone.

i have better experiences with os 6 battery life.
    as for memory, i use memorybooster. the max memory i had on OS 5 was 100mb.

for os 6, i can only reach the memory up to 30mb (same for .344 and .358) - not talking about the application memory but the ram.

if u had .344 , u shd go for this version. browser and sms issue was a big fix for me. no carrier will release an official version for these os until those bugs were fixed i think..
    sheldonbk likes this.
    11-20-10 10:38 PM
    OK, well its 2 early to comment on battery life, but it does load alot faster and its much smoother thru the menu.

I can't comment on the SMS bug as I never had that problem.

BBM Copy/paste seems to be fixed, however a battery pull might ruin that.

Will keep you updated.
    11-20-10 10:42 PM
    It seems that the memory leaks have been addressed. Also I can now copy and paste from an incoming email into another contact profile which the original leak did not allow.
    11-20-10 10:42 PM
    This installed so easily and relatively quickly, that I wondered if it was going to work. But so far it is def better than first leak.
    11-20-10 10:45 PM
    Bad news, I was just at 35% battery. Then it just dropped to 8%.

Guatiao and JusticeCalibur like this.
    11-20-10 10:48 PM
    Option to "instant message" someone from the home screen or uni. search is absent.
    11-20-10 10:58 PM
    y dont u read the thread first, ull find the answer to that problem......
    I didn't delete anything, its working great.

+1 to that, I have never shrunk out any files and I don't have all these problems everyone's been complaining about.
    How about the bluetooth file sending bug?

11-20-10 11:04 PM
    How about the bluetooth file sending bug?

What bluetooth sending bug?
    11-20-10 11:08 PM
    Downloading.. Trying to install witrhout deleting cods and wil see after.

11-20-10 11:16 PM
    Installed and seems to be running smoother than .344. Still memory leak, but seems to be at a slower rate. Glad to see the Wifi SMS problem fixed and the copy / paste is back in the Contacts menu. Yay!

Quicklaunch for SMS still doesn't send. You have to app switch to the Messages, select the message (while QL is still up) and send it from there, then back out of QL.

All my apps loaded easily and seem to be working. Viigo greatly lags when trying to pull up an article. If it doesn't get fixed in a future leak, then I can't see keeping Viigo, cuz it's sloooooooooow mo
    11-20-10 11:27 PM
    I installed and couldnt really use my phone, the screen was white, and ? marks where all over the place. it upgraded but was not full operational. I was froced to down grade.
    11-20-10 11:36 PM
    I installed and couldnt really use my phone, the screen was white, and ? marks where all over the place. it upgraded but was not full operational. I was froced to down grade.
    .... u didnt read the thread did u....

u have to delete the tmobile theme files
    Graheem likes this.
    11-20-10 11:41 PM
    Thanks for the post. Cursor bug still exists. Copy/paste glitch doesn't exist for me anymore. I believe the use of memory has also been less by a small amount, I have about 68 mb free instead of 66 mb free with the old leak. I have yet to test battery life, but at the moment it seems better then the old leak.

I believe some bugs on the home screen have surfaced on the home screen. Some applications appear more then once on the home screen, and moving around icons to preferred positions on the homescreen does not save.
    11-20-10 11:47 PM
    after shrinking out unless files, installed Appworld, App center, youtube, social feeds and meterberry, I start with 126.2MB Free.
    11-20-10 11:54 PM
    .... u didnt read the thread did u....

u have to delete the tmobile theme files
    HOW DID YOU KNOW! haha, i looked through it after you mentioned to other numpties like myself. Thanks for the help Suprah
    11-20-10 11:59 PM
    after shrinking out unless files, installed Appworld, App center, youtube, social feeds and meterberry, I start with 126.2MB Free.
    WTHELL? 126.3Mb;s??????

Could you post a Complete list of ALL APPS you have installed and running. Don't care if they're working correctly just give us the list please.....

I might just consider shrinking after all....
    11-21-10 12:02 AM
    In order to disable the native VVM app from being installed, there's now 2 true's that need to be changed to false in the alx file

11-21-10 12:02 AM
889 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD