downloading now, will install later tonight or in the morning. Any fixes jump out to anyone? Most importantly the sms/mms bugs, the rest i can deal lol
    11-20-10 03:06 PM
    Guys please test out the basic bugs i.e. Messages being sent if we turn off the wifi?, Copy paste features, memory leak?
    drzmvpx809 likes this.
    11-20-10 03:11 PM
    the RSS function from Social Feeds loads articles much faster
    Yes!!! I also saw that on my initial very limited install, just to check this feature

That was the single most bothering issue for me in the first leak.

Shrinking, reloading and activating.
    Last edited by mio_BB; 11-20-10 at 03:19 PM.
    11-20-10 03:14 PM
    yep if ur on tmobile, u still have to delete tmobile theme
    Where are they located again?
    11-20-10 03:15 PM
    will give this a try since the other leak was not good for me.. did a full wipe with bb sak and now installing.. hopefully my blackberry will turn on.. and load..
    11-20-10 03:18 PM
    Where are they located again?
    in the java folder....

2) T-MOBILE USERS: You will have a problem with the T-Mobile theme that is included. You need to delete it. After you have installed the OS to your computer, go here:
    C:\Program Files(86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.344_P6.6.0.50\Java
    (the 86 in program files is only there if you are on 64 bit windows)

Delete these files:
    net_rim_theme_tmobile_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod
    net_rim_theme_tmobileeu_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod

You can also delete them after the fact by using BBSAK. You can find a download link for BBSAK in my signature. You plug in your phone, run BBSAK, go to modify .cods, then remove .cods. Remove those either of those two, if present, and reboot your device. Problem should be solved. Again, you only have to do this if you didn't delete the .cods BEFORE installing OS 6 to your phone.

and there you go, i will be updating this thread as i see any more need to. pm me any suggestions or finds that will make os6 installing process quicker
    Last edited by Suprah; 11-20-10 at 03:21 PM.
    tprime, joliva, arab305 and 3 others like this.
    11-20-10 03:19 PM
    installing and restoring, let's see what happens now
    11-20-10 03:23 PM
    BBM cursor issue fized

Browsing is super fast. Very nice so far

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Strange... cursor issue still present here...
    11-20-10 03:27 PM
    same thing as the other leak.. installed it.. that was esay.. after the loader finishes.. the blackberry turns on and starts loading... you can see the white bar loading but it gets to a point where it stops and the bb just won`t turn on... it freezes just below the E of BLACKBERRY and thers nothing else i can do.. anyone?!?!? i downgrade it to os5 and works perfectly it turns on as nothing happened
    11-20-10 03:28 PM
    just downloaded in 30secs off the fileserve link. ill probably install tonight or tommorrow.
    11-20-10 03:29 PM
    Cursor disappears in BBM and text == Cursor still an issue for me in text and BBM

Turned off Wifi and send text == works fine just now.

Loading Engadget == still getting error about page too large

Memory == Loaded up with around 20MB of additional memory (not removed anything yet) but looks like still some memory leakage as lost 8MB in about 5mins!

Will keep looking to see if anything else I can pick up on.
    11-20-10 03:30 PM
    Installing now...but while I'm waiting, can anyone confirm that the previous leak did or did not automatically put the device into standby mode when holstered?

I've noticed every time I take it out of the holster, it's as if keys and/or the trackpad were active when it was holstered, whereas with v5 that rarely seemed to happen. Is there a setting I need to change (I've looked but haven't found anything other than the standard "lock in holster" which only works if you define a password.
    11-20-10 03:30 PM
    To me memory leak seem fine,now.It goes from 89 to 91 and back.Seem stable.I will be back with news.
    11-20-10 03:42 PM
    We need mirrors!
    DIRECTLINK

http://www.bbin.in/en/public/9700/Le...A6.0.0.358.exe
    zocster likes this.
    11-20-10 03:43 PM
    same thing as the other leak.. installed it.. that was esay.. after the loader finishes.. the blackberry turns on and starts loading... you can see the white bar loading but it gets to a point where it stops and the bb just won`t turn on... it freezes just below the E of BLACKBERRY and thers nothing else i can do.. anyone?!?!? i downgrade it to os5 and works perfectly it turns on as nothing happened
    how long do you wait?

happens to me too. actually on 3 different devices i've updated. it eventually goes. hangs there for a few min then moves along..
    11-20-10 03:44 PM
    Anyone know if it's ok to back up 3rd party apps if you're going from .344 to .358? I know making the jump from 5 to 6 it was recommended to reinstall them.
    11-20-10 03:44 PM
    Anyone know if it's ok to back up 3rd party apps if you're going from .344 to .358? I know making the jump from 5 to 6 it was recommended to reinstall them.
    I just installed it over the top with DM6.

No problems so far.
    11-20-10 03:46 PM
    Just installed. Looks good...no obvious big memory leak as of yet.
    11-20-10 03:48 PM

As others asked, are you waiting long enough? it seemingly gets stuck, but actually eventually finishes.
    11-20-10 03:49 PM
    Downloading now, about 40 minutes left >.< but I will install and update any new findings after that. I was running the original hybrid OS6 and that worked great, if I get a 20MB memory boost as others have claimed, I'll have 140MB free, which is more than I had with OS5.
    Yes, everything went fine thru BBSAK for me.Ofcourse, for some app you will have to put the activation codes again.
    Anyone able to get around the white screen with bb maps? it shows the pin marker but its a blank map!
    11-20-10 03:51 PM
    Few thoughts:

Manage Connections (top bar): cursor still disappears if you scroll down faster than the screen can follow.

Application Memory: got an extra ~10mb. Seems about as stable as previous version.

RAM memory: still showing a total of 320 megs. I don't believe this is a bug; the 9700 has 320m of RAM. So far seems to be more stable than previous version which was around 50 to 40 megs free. This verson shows ~64megs free without any fluctuations.

UI: seems to be "slower" or "less smooth" than before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    sudmanster likes this.
    are you shrinking the os?

if u r then dont shrink it
    I just installed it over the top with DM6.

No problems so far.
    Is that ok in this case because it's only moving from .344 to .358?
    11-20-10 03:52 PM
889 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD