soo im having some little issues:

-text messages are there but not visible sometimes which make me have to reboot. i don't have to do this all the time. its a little annoying.

-phone freezed up twice since this .358

-get the loaded square alot

i like OS6 there needs to be some fixes and i wouldn't mind waiting for them
    11-30-10 10:04 AM
    Hopefully we will not have to wait much longer.

Who is setting the odds for a new leak during this week

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 10:48 AM
    I do not like how the copy and paste works in this
    How in the world am I going to send a document when I can't use the bb sbutton or the trackpad?

11-30-10 11:24 AM
    Major issue for me yesterday,still trying to recover!
    Loose my trackpad and keyboard responsiveness and I dont know why so I tried everything wiping to reinstall 358, 344 and the same.S after that I tried to reinstall OS 5 and all is back to normal so tried to re-ugrade to OS and no way, trackpad and keyboard dont work I cannot pass the welcome screen, this is strange!
    How can this happend if first 2 upgrades where perfect?

Any ideas
    11-30-10 01:37 PM
    I too use SplashID and have also noticed that you have to add from the desktop and sync. Yuck!
    I figured out how to add from the phone. After you type in all the info, scroll back to the top where you choose the type of entry and the option key works. At least it did for me. From there you can select done like we used to.
    11-30-10 01:57 PM
    Hopefully we will not have to wait much longer.

Who is setting the odds for a new leak during this week

+1 Common RIM!! We are beta testing.
    11-30-10 02:35 PM
    soo im having some little issues:

-text messages are there but not visible sometimes which make me have to reboot. i don't have to do this all the time. its a little annoying.
    I cop this as well. I go into menu and choose options, and change conversation style from bubbles to stripes, then save, then I go back to the sms thread and it appears again. I then change back to bubbles and all is fine. No need for battery pull.
    this solution from geotos works!
    tellibelly likes this.
    11-30-10 03:12 PM
    I have been running this for a week now.
    The only problem i have is after I move the icons to were i want them on the "all" screen, some after a few minutes disappear further down.
    Really weird. Anyone else found that?
    11-30-10 03:36 PM
    Right now I'm wavering between two choices. I currently have .358 running on my device. It's been almost a week since I've installed it. The majority of my apps function properly on it with the exception of two, which I suspect aren't fully OS 6 compatible as yet. I love the interface and the smoothness of the transitions from one screen view to the next. The browser is miles better than the one on OS 5, and despite the occasional faulty page rendering on some websites, it is an enjoyable experience the majority of the time.

However, that all being said, I do have issue with two things. The first is the constant memory leaks. Despite the battery pulls throughout the day, I've noticed them happening with increasing regularity. Even with something as simple as looking at a friend's BBM status picture, I'll experience the spinning clock which will cripple my phone for several seconds. At first it was bearable; now it's becoming more annoying.

The other issue, and something also mentioned by others, is the battery life. Now prior to installing this leak, I was already having difficulty with battery drainage. I would start my day at say, 7am, with a 100% charge and by 9 or 10pm, be at almost 0%. I've noticed that .358 renders the same, if more severe, battery drainage, as by 6 or 7pm my battery was on the verge of dying. I'm not quite sure if I simply need a new battery or if it's a case of using this leak.

So, at the end of the day, I'm wondering if it's worth keeping OS 6, where I'm enjoying the updated features (i.e. web-kit browser, etc.) but with a few "hiccups" as it were, or roll back to a tried and tested official OS 5 version, where I will have no issues at all (minus the OS 6 goodies). I have the latest official OS 5 version installed and ready to go. I may keep running .358 for a few more days before I decide to downgrade.
    Last edited by Apocalypso; 11-30-10 at 10:31 PM.
    11-30-10 10:25 PM
    Been running this for a little over a week - no memory leak to speak of, have 85 megs free with 4 apps, battery is ok... Just one annoying and sometimes big problem - when scrolling up through a text conversation history, will often times freeze, not allowing earlier parts to be displayed. I can still hit R to reply and, successfully send a text, but scrolling is frozen. Can hit T to get to the beginning, and can then scroll down about halfway, can hit B to get to the most recent, but still cannot get to anywhere in the middle.

For now I've simply moved to CrunchSMS which is fun, but still somewhat limited in various ways... I like the OS6 texting interface in general, so if not for the scrolling issue, I'd be perfectly happy.
    12-01-10 01:49 AM
    The only issue I have with OS6 so far is the speed. When I open too many apps and switch between them, its' kinda slow & the clock icon show up

I think that's the reason RIM come up with 9780, because they know 256mb memory of 9700 is only minimum req, if we install more than standard app, open too many sites, they'll slow the device.

I use unlocked Orange device using indonesian provider
    12-01-10 07:08 AM
    I'm using .358 since one week now. I'm very happy. Interface can be switched in french which was not the case with .344
    12-01-10 08:47 AM
    Worked first time out of the gate. This is on Wind Canada. No problems at all so far. Thanks
    12-01-10 09:38 AM
    installed this a few days ago and everything runs fairly smooth. im impressed. my battery life does well too...
    12-01-10 10:25 AM
    Right now I'm wavering between two choices.

So, at the end of the day, I'm wondering if it's worth keeping OS 6, where I'm enjoying the updated features (i.e. web-kit browser, etc.) but with a few "hiccups" as it were, or roll back to a tried and tested official OS 5 version, where I will have no issues at all (minus the OS 6 goodies). I have the latest official OS 5 version installed and ready to go. I may keep running .358 for a few more days before I decide to downgrade.
    go for it I did it. I'm happily runnin on 5.0.0.714 for TMO.. I get so much more usage out of my phone.. My batt actually lasts me about 40 hrs consistently on OS5.. and at the end of the day I usually only lose like 1mb of mem.. Everything I was missing is back working extremely well on OS5.

Eventhough I do miss OS6, Social Feeds, and the interface. I dont miss the constant memory leaks the unpredictable battery behavior and various 3rd party apps not working properly. OS5 isnt so bad after switching back. Really!

I am however patiently awaiting for a better version of OS6 with all of the above mentioned flaws FIXED!

Edit: Plus I have really nice working themes on OS5 that make my phone look really nice.. LOL
    Last edited by mkye86; 12-01-10 at 11:19 AM.
    12-01-10 11:16 AM
    go for it I did it. I'm happily runnin on 5.0.0.714 for TMO.. I get so much more usage out of my phone.. My batt actually lasts me about 40 hrs consistently on OS5.. and at the end of the day I usually only lose like 1mb of mem.. Everything I was missing is back working extremely well on OS5.

Eventhough I do miss OS6, Social Feeds, and the interface. I dont miss the constant memory leaks the unpredictable battery behavior and various 3rd party apps not working properly. OS5 isnt so bad after switching back. Really!

I am however patiently awaiting for a better version of OS6 with all of the above mentioned flaws FIXED!

Edit: Plus I have really nice working themes on OS5 that make my phone look really nice.. LOL
    Myke,

Will the T-Mobile 5.0 OS that you are using work for my ATT 9700? Will deleting the vendor.xml file allow this or are there other steps in the process to make this work if possible?
    12-01-10 02:05 PM
    Myke,

Will the T-Mobile 5.0 OS that you are using work for my ATT 9700? Will deleting the vendor.xml file allow this or are there other steps in the process to make this work if possible?
    Yes it will
    12-01-10 02:19 PM
    Myke,

I would beleive that it is possible by deleting your vendor file. I've never tried loading another carriers OS to my Berry. I would beleive it's the same process though.

I've read that it isnt necessary to delete the Vendor file when loading an unofficial OS to your berry. It's only needed when loading an OS that has been officially released by another carrier other than your own.. That sounds beleivable to me. This would entail that it most likely is all you have to do to Load a TMO OS on ur ATT 9700.

Have you tried the Latest ATT OS. I've heard a lot of people really liked the .979 build (I personally didn't before it became an official ATT release) But I heard that the official release was better than the leak though. Some of the Hybrids out there are really good too. ( I had one on my phone before I upgraded to OS6, cant recall which one though) LOL . I am currently running .714 for personal reasons that I cant mention until I have a new phone in my hands My personal favorite was TMOs 5.0.0.330 because it still had the Mute/Standby function.. But it wasnt fully compatibale with some of the newer themes (It wouldnt display hidden today text properly.) .714 is a pretty solid build. It has been very welcoming to me since downgrading from buggy OS6.
    12-01-10 02:39 PM
    I've searched all through this forum and I can't seem to find anyone else with this same error...but on my bbm, when i change my profile pic- other users claim to not see my profile pic but rather a blank pic, and after a few days or so (sometimes a few hours) it will show on my own bbm as a blank pic....without my changing it! Anyone else having this issue??
    12-01-10 02:47 PM
    I've searched all through this forum and I can't seem to find anyone else with this same error...but on my bbm, when i change my profile pic- other users claim to not see my profile pic but rather a blank pic, and after a few days or so (sometimes a few hours) it will show on my own bbm as a blank pic....without my changing it! Anyone else having this issue??
    ive had the bbm pic issue, where your contacts can't see your pic or they will see a different pic than you have displayed.

what i have done to remedy this, is to completely remove bbm from the phone and reinstall it. reinstalling over top did not fix the issue. since i have deleted bbm and reinstalled it, my contacts are seeing my pic fine.
    12-01-10 04:34 PM

After yet another frustrating series of memory leaks I finally decided to downgrade late last night to the latest official OS 5 build. Like you, I miss the same features that OS 6 has, but not the memory leaks. Everything is running nice and smooth again. All apps are working at 100%.

I'll join the rest of us who are waiting for an official OS 6 release.

Like a summer fling, it was nice while it lasted.
    12-01-10 06:48 PM
    the cursor comes up when you hit the select option in the menu, you then place the cursor and go back to the menu and hit start selection. My problem is that the phone is showing me memory leak from 77 all the way down to 67 on a fresh install, but when i connect to apploader, the apploader application is showing me 99 MB still available. Other than that the OS is running smoothly
    12-01-10 11:05 PM
    How do I exactly install this over 6.0.0.344 on my 9700? Do I just go through DM and not use App Loader?

I'm also wondering if I will need to back up my Service Books again?
    12-01-10 11:36 PM
    Yesterday i had a battery problem. It dropped form 40% to 5% it was so weird. Then i pulled out my battery and did it back and my battery was normal again! Who encoutered this problem?
    12-02-10 04:59 AM
    Is this normal, or another bug in OS6.358?
    12-02-10 08:29 AM
889 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD