03-19-11 08:22 AM
217 ... 789
tools
    Will tell you tonight when I downloaded it. Quite curious to the the improvements.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 10:46 AM
    Just installed .480 from .461. I love the speed and snappiness of the OS in general along with the fast browser and improved reception. Now here comes the big problem, I went to the appworld to try and reinstall my apps fresh I get the message that the apps aren't supported for my device. This includes and not limited to Flixter, blackberry protect, autotrader, bereader, beweather and others. I can confirm that these apps work and download fine on the exactly same device but for one difference: OS .461 over .480. Anyone have a possible solution?

03-17-11 11:14 AM
    Bereader works for me fine on .480

03-17-11 11:36 AM
    Just installed .480 from .461. I love the speed and snappiness of the OS in general along with the fast browser and improved reception. Now here comes the big problem, I went to the appworld to try and reinstall my apps fresh I get the message that the apps aren't supported for my device. This includes and not limited to Flixter, blackberry protect, autotrader, bereader, beweather and others. I can confirm that these apps work and download fine on the exactly same device but for one difference: OS .461 over .480. Anyone have a possible solution?

Try a physical battery pull.
    03-17-11 11:37 AM
    No, Dutch language is not included in this leaked version, maybe it's possible to get it somewhere.
    I have checked it by starting the application loader.
    You can always copy the language files off of an older version of the OS. I did the same with Russian as I use cyrillics on my BB, and I wasn't able to find a working "all language" version of this OS.

You basically install the version of the OS that has the language you need, then you go into the folder where the install files are (typically C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9780M_v6.0.0.285_P6.5.0.54\Java where "9780M_v6.0.0.285_P6.5.0.54" is the previous ver you have installed with the language you need). You then do a search for all files that are related to the Dutch language. This is where I'm not sure what the abriviation would be for Dutch, I know that for Russian it's "ru" so I'd like for all files ending in "_ru.*". You'd then install the new version of the OS on your computer and copy the files in question to the latest version's Java folder (eg. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9780Asia_v6.0.0.480_P6.5.0.153\Java in my case for this ver). That should make the Dutch language show up in App Loader for you.
    03-17-11 01:31 PM
    just installed .480. used bbsak to wipe, then app loader to load the operating system since desktop manager/bbsak weren't detecting the device properly - i'm impressed with the visual improvements (battery charge, device connecting to computer screen) and i'll see if i can report changes in the battery life in a few days. so far, the device is more responsive than usual.

blackberry .448 is now available officially through t-mobile. it's only a matter of time before the other leaked ones are made official.

EDIT: amazing. the white flickering at the edges of the screen (it happened whenever i used the application switcher) are COMPLETELY GONE. everyone is running pretty smoothly, no real substantial complaints yet. (one big plus is that i can install applications much more quickly now) oh, one more thing that i noticed was that the unlock device screen is centered below the notification bar - which is really handy, so i can see what notifications i already have before putting in the pw.
    Last edited by Tezuya; 03-17-11 at 03:15 PM.
    03-17-11 02:38 PM
    ... i do have the weird underlined letter here and there with Messages, Contacts, Browser, Calendar, Phone, Options, Windows Live Messenger (X) and countless others. not sure what's going on there.
    Those underlined letters are the Application Shortcut hotkeys to those particular apps from the home screen.

You obviously have the Application Shortcuts feature switched on, instead of Universal Search.

To change this (and get rid of the underlined characters), just press Menu > Options > Launch by Typing = Universal Search

Tezuya likes this.
    03-17-11 03:13 PM
    Those underlined letters are the Application Shortcut hotkeys to those particular apps from the home screen.

You obviously have the Application Shortcuts feature switched on, instead of Universal Search
    To change this (and get rid of the underlined characters), just press Menu > Options > Launch by Typing = Universal Search

i checked and i actually have universal search on already. switched to application shortcuts to test the keys out and then back to universal search and the underlined letters are still there, but i don't mind. it's all good, i'm just glad to know that nothing i've encountered so far is a bug with the system. the previous bugs i had on .285 are pretty much all gone now! super pleased that the flickering is gone with the application switcher.

UPDATE: much better service with tmo's 3G network. also, the random white glitches and the screen flickering with app switcher or going backwards are all gone. no disappearing cursor anymore. i do not regret this update at all!

EDIT: when there's an official release of .480, do we have to install it or will it be virtually the same as the leaked version?
    Last edited by Tezuya; 03-17-11 at 08:11 PM.
    03-17-11 03:21 PM
    I think the offical .480 will be pretty much the same as this, I don't think I'll be upgrading untill OS6.1

03-18-11 08:34 AM
    Been a while since last leak on 9780... any new update on latest leak for 9780 will be launch ?
    03-18-11 03:08 PM
    Alright, the official OS has just been released now.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f219/la...mobile-595708/
    03-18-11 08:54 PM
    is it worth installing the official release when you've already got the leaked version? i don't have a pressing need for "all languages", so i'm considering just waiting for another leaked release or even waiting until 6.1. i'm just that satisfied with the leaked one. also, i'm an average blackberry user and i don't know if it'll make much of a difference for me.
    Last edited by Tezuya; 03-18-11 at 11:09 PM.
    03-18-11 11:00 PM
    is it worth installing the official release when you've already got the leaked version? i don't have a pressing need for "all languages", so i'm considering just waiting for another leaked release or even waiting until 6.1. i'm just that satisfied with the leaked one. also, i'm an average blackberry user and i don't know if it'll make much of a difference for me.

Usually, Official and Leaked are the same, that is what I always thought.

But I was wrong!

Example, the leaked 461 has an issue where if you go to the Broswer bookmarks, you will notice that the bookmarks are not aligned properly, and one bookmark overlaps the other, making the text difficult, or impossible to read....

To my surprise, I installed the official 461, just coz I was bored, to test it out, and the bookarms display is perfect!

So, it was indeed different. From now on, whenever there is an official, I am installing it, just to ensure everything is right. Wipe, load os, restore apps from the CB appstore / bookmarks saved for the free apps

Just my 2 cents
    03-19-11 12:19 AM
    Example, the leaked 461 has an issue where if you go to the Broswer bookmarks, you will notice that the bookmarks are not aligned properly, and one bookmark overlaps the other, making the text difficult, or impossible to read....
    That's interesting: I'm still running the leak and I don't have any issues with the bookmarks. I wonder if you might've had some kind of corrupt install of the leak that caused your issue in question :-/
    03-19-11 06:49 AM
    That's interesting: I'm still running the leak and I don't have any issues with the bookmarks. I wonder if you might've had some kind of corrupt install of the leak that caused your issue in question :-/
    nope, that happened on both my 9780 (i have a white and black), so its not a corrupt installation.

Anyway, if you are not having any issues with the leaked 480, then dont bother..

I just wipred my phone and resintalled the official as I was free and I like the fact that I am running an official now (in a long time, have always been running leaks )
    03-19-11 06:56 AM
    nope, that happened on both my 9780 (i have a white and black), so its not a corrupt installation.

Anyway, if you are not having any issues with the leaked 480, then dont bother..

I just wipred my phone and resintalled the official as I was free and I like the fact that I am running an official now (in a long time, have always been running leaks )
    Hey Matrix!!
    Any changes in the leaked and the official builds?? I thought they were same but your last post changed my mind!! Think I shud install the official build??
    Lemme know..!!
    03-19-11 07:33 AM
    Hey Matrix!!
    Any changes in the leaked and the official builds?? I thought they were same but your last post changed my mind!! Think I shud install the official build??
    Lemme know..!!

Nothing major, but I am getting better 3G signal, could be luck, could be the OS. I can't confirm that....

In my house 3G is really bad, but now it is stable... dunno what to tell u...if you have time...and dont mind wiping your device and reinstalling your apps... (hope you have them bookmarked like I do) then go for it....at least u know you wont be missing anything
    03-19-11 08:22 AM
217 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD