Yep! I shrunk the OS with BBOSS.... weird, all the other leaks don't behave like that when shrunk...

I'll try the manual installation of the CODs, thanks a lot!!
    Thats a glitch in BBOS and not the leaks... it can happen with any build, official or leaked. Thats just the reason I started using Shrink-a-os off late. Anytime mate!
    03-02-11 02:30 AM
    Thats a glitch in BBOS and not the leaks... it can happen with any build, official or leaked. Thats just the reason I started using Shrink-a-os off late. Anytime mate!
    This is absolutely true. I always used to use SAOS then I started seeing people talking about bb Boss a lot so I decided to D/L it and give it a spin. I had that exact same problem everything I'd try and load an OS up. Decided to go back SAOS and what do you know my default ringtones/alerts and backgrounds are back when I shrink through that. Lesson learned...is stick to what works until it doesn't..lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-11 02:44 AM
    Hey Matrix. You mean to say is that I can install BBM 6 over the stock BBM in this build and enter the beta zone keycode for 5.0.2.11 and it should work?
    Not that I dint understand it but the beta zone community says that they have not yet started distributing the beta for version 6. Does it look any different from 5.0.1.49 or 5.0.2.11?? and is it worth going there? Thanks
    Yes, that's exactly what I did. The keycode for BBM 5 Beta will work on BBM 6 Beta

Differences, looks similar. BBM 6 is faster while scrolling through contacts. It has the option to send your location to another BBM user.
    03-02-11 02:49 AM
    Waiting for the "first 48" to go by so that Matrix leader or someone else can post a decent comparison and review between this build and .461 that I'm currently running. .. Seems like yesterday I upgraded to 461 from 359. Didn't expect the next leak this soon. Oh well, decent reviews will help us all on deciding if this is a better version than 461 or pretty much the same. 461 is the best version I've used to date on this device.

03-02-11 02:49 AM
    Waiting for the "first 48" to go by so that Matrix leader or someone else can post a decent comparison and review between this build and .461 that I'm currently running. .. Seems like yesterday I upgraded to 461 from 359. Didn't expect the next leak this soon. Oh well, decent reviews will help us all on deciding if this is a better version than 461 or pretty much the same. 461 is the best version I've used to date on this device.
    461 was awesome too. I want to show you something though.

Open your browser, then go to the BOOKMARKS, then notice how they display funny. the alignment is messed up.

That is one of the major bugs fixed in 480. Along with the BBM cursor and browser cursor not becoming hidden anymore
    03-02-11 03:02 AM
    461 was awesome too. I want to show you something though.

Open your browser, then go to the BOOKMARKS, then notice how they display funny. the alignment is messed up.

That is one of the major bugs fixed in 480. Along with the BBM cursor and browser cursor not becoming hidden anymore
    Interesting...I seen a lot of people complaining about that and the sms glitch with 461. Strangely enough my bookmarks seem just the way they were even when I got the phone back in november with plain old 285 on board. I can definitely say that I've noticed a big improvement interms of the cursor being more stable and not disappearing as much as it did when I was on 359. I currently have cursor in bbm via copying the files over from 5.0.2. One of my main concerns is stability. No memory leaks and UI glitches...Battery life. I get better battery life with 461 than I did with 359.

03-02-11 03:23 AM
    Interesting...I seen a lot of people complaining about that and the sms glitch with 461. Strangely enough my bookmarks seem just the way they were even when I got the phone back in november with plain old 285 on board. I can definitely say that I've noticed a big improvement interms of the cursor being more stable and not disappearing as much as it did when I was on 359. I currently have cursor in bbm via copying the files over from 5.0.2. One of my main concerns is stability. No memory leaks and UI glitches...Battery life. I get better battery life with 461 than I did with 359.

Same here. Do not see any difference on the bookmarks. Hesitating to upgrade to 480. Am downloading it tho.
    03-02-11 04:17 AM
    Findings coming from a 461
    -Faster overall performance, switching app and startups
    -MUCH faster response time in terms of connection. Whether in browser or fb or foursquare.
    -gps lock is faster too
    -bbm cursor is back
    -cb mobile site is now working as it should. Though, it only fixes this site. The rest such as gizmodo mobile still has tiny texts. And yes, I've tried accessing cb mobile before i flash and it was NOT the same. So its definitely a change in the phone and not the website
    03-02-11 04:32 AM
    I downloaded this OS, THANKS!
    03-02-11 04:37 AM
    soooo the all language file does not work, seems to be fake or something. How do i get dutch language in the other version? Is it even possible?
    03-02-11 04:57 AM
    Another link via Mediafire
    03-02-11 05:45 AM
    I'm pretty sure this has been around since our first builds.. Its just that some webpages don't render with the mag. Glass, some do, now CB has it..

Yeah. It would zoom. But then you'd have to go left and right as you read. Now.... It stacks the text-- hence the term column view.
    Not the same as the zoom feature of earlier builds. Trust me I was ocd about this. Lol
    03-02-11 06:49 AM
    Arabic files from .448
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Copy them to this folder before running apploader:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9780Asia_v6.0.0.480_P6.5.0.153\Java
    thanks you are a GENIUS !!
    03-02-11 07:21 AM
    installed this leak in my girlfrend's 9780 bold, from .448 (skipped the .461)

did not notice significant change, becuz release of .448 for both 9700 and 9780 was solid.

as for .480, the upside is definitely the east asian language support. no issues of sms icon missing or bookmark messed up in .480 like what was reported in .461, which is good.

bbm cursor is back (cant wait for 9700 version to have this)

i had the 9780 (.480) on my left hand, and 9700 (.448) on my right hand and did a few test, im not too sure whether the speed difference is due to the fact that 9780 has higher memory ram/processor but here it is:

- snappy-ness - same for both, the opening of tray, scrolling are pretty much the same.
    - browser - faster on my left hand
    - batterypull - faster on my left hand too, about more than minute.

its a great build, robust as .448. not sure whether it is worth the effort for you to go thru the pain of installing os(desktop)/backup/wiping(phone)/installing os(phone)/install apps/register them/re-arrange your icons, wouldnt done it without the east asian language support.

its good though, if u have version before .448 to install this. finally some decent build.

im not gonna report on the battery. most of the os 6 version are pretty much the same, depending on ur usage. not sure if anyone have experience on this also: usually the first two days of installing a new OS, there is significant drain regardless of usage, it get stable down after the 3rd or 4th day of installing or so. experienced this in both my gf 9780 and my own 9700...
    Last edited by xiongo; 03-02-11 at 09:11 AM.
    empresstrena likes this.
    03-02-11 09:07 AM
    Does anyone with yahoo messenger installed see their contact's pictures? Mine shows nothing except that gray smiley face. I even reinstalled it. It worked with .448.

03-02-11 09:15 AM
    Hi. Can anyone in UK tell me in regards to the signal reception, which one is better, .480 or .461?
    Thanks
    03-02-11 10:22 AM
    Hi. Can anyone in UK tell me in regards to the signal reception, which one is better, .480 or .461?
    Thanks
    For me .480 is far better. I'm on Orange. On .461 I would constantly get 3g. And not 3G so had switch of network and back on. No issues with .480. My signal is actually staying longer even in poor signal areas.

Phil

03-02-11 11:20 AM
    Seeing as some people requested it, I have attempted to gather the EL, GL & NL languages from .448

Copy the required language files to this folder:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9780Asia_v6.0.0.480_P6.5.0.153\Java

NOTE: I HAVE NOT TESTED EL, GL or NL.
    I assume these are dutch and greek. I take no responsibility if it does not work.

I HAVE TESTED (Arabic) and it works.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    Last edited by billybobjones; 03-02-11 at 12:03 PM.
    bmnkvld likes this.
    03-02-11 11:52 AM
    Hi everyone new here I have Noob Q - Can I install the .480 on the 9700 ? or do I go to .461? Currently I am using .344
    03-02-11 11:57 AM
    Hi everyone new here I have Noob Q - Can I install the .480 on the 9700 ? or do I go to .461? Currently I am using .344

No, 480 is only for the 9780 currently

You can only install Operating Systems made for your specific device (9700)
    03-02-11 12:16 PM
    Hi, sorry I'm new to this. I got my Bold 9780 on Sunday and still running standard V6 version 294. I would liek to upgrade to 480 which I plan on doing tonight, just a quick question. What is a mirror? I saw it mentioned in a few posts but I'm a noob so would like to know.

Also I have backed up my phone to my laptop, just wandering if when I upgrade os if I'll lose all contacts, apps etc from my phone until it is all reloaded from BB desktop program?

Regards,
    Matt.
    03-02-11 12:18 PM
    Hi, sorry I'm new to this. I got my Bold 9780 on Sunday and still running standard V6 version 294. I would liek to upgrade to 480 which I plan on doing tonight, just a quick question. What is a mirror? I saw it mentioned in a few posts but I'm a noob so would like to know.

Also I have backed up my phone to my laptop, just wandering if when I upgrade os if I'll lose all contacts, apps etc from my phone until it is all reloaded from BB desktop program?

Regards,
    Matt.

Mirror is just another link to download the OS incase you are not able to download it from the first link posted.

If you backup using the BlackBerry Manager, you will be safe.

The installer of the OS automatically backs up your settings, contants, emails, etc. But should anything go wrong. you have the backup so you can always restore it within a minute easily with the BlackBery Desktop Manager

Here are some basic instructions for your.

First back up

then download the OS

then

1) Install the *.exe file you just downloaded.

2) Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

OR to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files (x86) >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader (if you have a 64-Bit Windows Operating System)

3) Delete the file named vendor.xml

4) Connect your BlackBerry through the USB port

5) Run loader.exe

6) Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy.

When you click NEXT after the last step, you will get a list of components that you can check or uncheck. Ensure you do not touch anything you don't know of. Also, uncheck anything you definately won't be using.

Example, no need to install all the Instant Messaging Clients such as Yahoo Messneger, Windows Live Messenger, Facebook, etc. Only install the onest you actually use to save the precious memory on your BlackBerry Device.
    Th1n1ce and Matt... like this.
    03-02-11 12:23 PM
    Thanx Matrix - I dl'ing 6.0.0.461 now -much appreciated
    03-02-11 12:26 PM
    Thanx Matrix - I dl'ing 6.0.0.461 now -much appreciated

Why not 480 man?

Get it from here >>> Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

It is much better and has the BBM hidden cursor bug fixed right away
    03-02-11 12:48 PM
    How do you install the updates?
    03-02-11 03:54 PM
217 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD