03-19-11 08:22 AM
217 12345 ...
tools
    well... stil waiting another feedback ..
    03-01-11 11:47 AM
    Has anyone tried browsing the CB mobile site yet?... Column View zooming finally works!!!
    03-01-11 11:55 AM
    Has anyone tried browsing the CB mobile site yet?... Column View zooming finally works!!!
    Told you the next one after 448 and 461 would be ok
    03-01-11 12:24 PM
    And I was wondering what was different in the view

Thanks for opening my eyes mate

03-01-11 12:28 PM
    Told you the next one after 448 and 461 would be ok

How do you know all these secrets Mr. Danger?
    03-01-11 12:29 PM
    03-01-11 12:32 PM
    Multi Upload is much better, it has all the links for the best file hosting sites in one!

http://www.multiupload.com/UPRKWC02RJ
    03-01-11 12:38 PM
    I'm using a bb 9780 from telus, with the os .448 and .461 every time i make a battery pull or a reset with the keyboard my wallpaper is removed, and i get the telus wallpapers, with the oficial .359 of AVEA i've never had this problem, i hope this beta have a fix for that.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-11 12:42 PM
    I'm using a bb 9780 from telus, with the os .448 and .461 every time i make a battery pull or a reset with the keyboard my wallpaper is removed, and i get the telus wallpapers, with the oficial .359 of AVEA i've never had this problem, i hope this beta have a fix for that.....

I had the same problem before with another OS6 firmware version. It's not firmware specific. Here's my solution:

1. On the homescreen, switch to the Media Tab
    2. Menu, Options
    3. Under "Built-in Media Storage Limit", increase it to 32MB.
    4. Save Options
    5. Reselect your custom wallpaper, and reset your BB to test
    03-01-11 12:52 PM
    Made the upgrade. So far everything is working ok. Only gripe I have with this version compared to the stock .285 is that it uses more memory. Nothing was added to the install and it was wiped clean before upgrading. Went from 270+MB free to around 255 MB. I think it's a lot but I don't think I'm going to find out why as 250 is still a lot but I thought people should know.
    03-01-11 12:56 PM
    OMG so glad to hear that the text wrap problem is solved!! I cant wait to try it out but its 4am now and i have class at 8am tmr
    03-01-11 01:17 PM
    Column view is back as well

Take a look:

--------------------------------------------

03-01-11 01:31 PM
    If I am getting this right: 'Column View' option still does not exists in the 'BB Options Menu' just like it used to on OS5? If that's true I wonder what's new? as for me, the zoom-wrap feature has always been working for majority of the websites. I am still on .294 (have been a bit lazy, yes). The feature never used to work for CB, but now it does. So I believe that the CB guys have done something with the website to make it more compatible with the 'zoom-wrap' feature, rather than the latest OS introducing the 'column-view' option in the BB Menu..

03-01-11 02:51 PM
    I updated to 480 from 461. I shrank os to about 110mb. The usual removals include medial loader vids and musics, languages I do not need, games, and carrier specific apps. I had bbm 6 running and it is still good on 480. Overall, I am very happy with this leak. Cursor is okay on all apps. The browser is quick and the overall navigation from app to app is snappy. I have a lot of apps installed and still have about 250mb free. I have google sync, map and chat, beam reader (pdf), a couple of score apps, fb, twitter, biz card reader, quick pull, buzzme pro, poynt and a few other food and drinl apps. I use the social feeds a lot. I have about 7 rss feeds right now. The camera is still the same and very satisfactory. I love my 9780 and after installing this leak, I love it even more. Which is why I am posting (like my second post ever).

03-01-11 03:10 PM
    If I am getting this right: 'Column View' option still does not exists in the 'BB Options Menu' just like it used to on OS5? If that's true I wonder what's new? as for me, the zoom-wrap feature has always been working for majority of the websites. I am still on .294 (have been a bit lazy, yes). The feature never used to work for CB, but now it does. So I believe that the CB guys have done something with the website to make it more compatible with the 'zoom-wrap' feature, rather than the latest OS introducing the 'column-view' option in the BB Menu..

I have had the same experience. Personally from all the reading and what I've experienced, the early builds (stock OS 6 for 9780) seem to be better. The only problems that existed for me was opening SMS only to find focus on an earlier message instead of the last. I didn't have the missing cursor in the browser or in BBM, there wasn't any memory leaks, UI navigation with .480 is the same in .285 (they did fix the SMS lag though) so one is not more "snappy" than the other. It seems like newer builds fixed old issues but introduced new ones.

But with .480, it seems like it's a solid release. I was hesitant to upgrade from .285 because I didn't have any issues others were having and people always found a new problem but seeing how the fixed the BBM cursor problem, decided to update and for the most part, it's a solid release with some welcomed additions and I have yet to find any new bugs. So for the most part, I'm pretty content with this OS. The only problem I have now and I don't even know RIM plans on addressing it anytime soon is the way HTML e-mails are viewed. It's still annoying to have to zoom out so the e-mail fits to page to read it instead of scrolling left/right, up/down.
    Last edited by BlackBerry.est08; 03-01-11 at 03:16 PM.
    03-01-11 03:13 PM
    I have had similar problems with .448 and .461 and every time I have went back to the official Avea .359 as well. I still grabbed a copy of this though for a possible install later on.

T-Mobile users: From the begining, I have come to automatically & blindly delete the 2 extra themes in addition to the normal .vendorXML files to avoid the display issues. Has this theme problem ever been fixed with this build or even with the 2 previous builds I have mentioned? I actually have no idea because I always take them out. It's no big deal to continue to do so, but I am wondering if it is still neccessary.
    03-01-11 03:14 PM
    I have had similar problems with .448 and .461 and every time I have went back to the official Avea .359 as well. I still grabbed a copy of this though for a possible install later on.

T-Mobile users: From the begining, I have come to automatically & blindly delete the 2 extra themes in addition to the normal .vendorXML files to avoid the display issues. Has this theme problem ever been fixed with this build or even with the 2 previous builds I have mentioned? I actually have no idea because I always take them out. It's no big deal to continue to do so, but I am wondering if it is still neccessary.
    I successfully installed .461 without removing the theme or vendor.xml files, but I'm pretty sure shrink-a-os removes the vendor file automatically
    03-01-11 04:05 PM
    I've just updated to this. I have my BBM contact list saved on my email address but it was unable to update. Said the email was not linked. Please can anyone help?
    03-01-11 04:19 PM
    Updated to .461 on the weekend, just updated to .480 about an hour ago.
    SOOOOO happy my bbm cursor is back

Thanks for this
    03-01-11 04:22 PM
    I didn't install this yet but did anyone notice that the mobile version of Crackberry doesn't seem to be working? I tried m.Crackberry.com and it redirects me to the regular full site..
    03-01-11 04:23 PM
    I successfully installed .461 without removing the theme or vendor.xml files, but I'm pretty sure shrink-a-os removes the vendor file automatically
    Thanks for the reply! I think you are correct that SAOS automatically takes out the vendor file too. I really just wanted to be clear about removing the 2 themes. So, you can confirm that you still have the 2 extra themes on your device with no display problems? From what you say it sounds like this issue has been fixed. Cool.

Thanks again.
    03-01-11 04:35 PM
    Another link via Mediafire
    03-01-11 05:57 PM
    Another link via Mediafire
    it's here: 9780jAllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel2115_PL6.5.0.153_A6.0.0.4 80.exe
    03-01-11 06:00 PM
    why is it that some are 170 mb some are 160 something mb??
    03-01-11 06:21 PM
    I didn't install this yet but did anyone notice that the mobile version of Crackberry doesn't seem to be working? I tried m.Crackberry.com and it redirects me to the regular full site..
    Yeah, whats up with that? i liked the mobile site
    03-01-11 06:33 PM
217 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD