Hey guys,

After i've installed this version, im really pleased with it but there's only one thing that bothers me.

My blackberry now has typing problems. Sometimes it would write 2 letters when i'm typing and I know i only clicked it once or it would do the double space with a period at the end. I know for sure its not my phone (hardware) because it has never happened with the previous os versions i had. Only started happening after i installed this version.

Any help on this one? Cause its annoying typing and having to erase, but i also dont wanna downgrade because i like this version.

THANK YOU!
    Last edited by xokle; 03-12-11 at 02:27 AM.
    03-12-11 02:13 AM
    Not sure why we need a whole separate thread asking about Sticky thread, which seems to cover the topic - except to say the same in both threads.

This is really simple. No idea why so many posts, none saying what to actually do.

1. The new release is out. Load your Desktop Manager. Tether 9780.
    2. The way you know the new release is out is, from Home Screen :
    (a) Press BB key
    (b) Press Open Tray selection
    (c) Slide Trackball to wrench Options
    (d) Press Trackball
    (e) Slide Trackball to Device
    (f) Press Trackball
    (g) Slide Trackball to Software Updates
    (h) Press Trackball
    (i) Press Update your software with Trackball Press
    3. After 45 minutes, you will be asked to let the apps have access say yes to all. How simple is that ?
    4. (a) - (e) above again. Then press About Device Versions. It will read v6.0.0.448

If you think you know more about software than the manufacturer and than your carrier, and need someone to hold your hand to keep up-to-date on the current OS6 release bundle, please continue with questions about why you should stay current.

If you love not having Column View and think it is some waste of time, or too simple - then, by all means please continue to post posts picking up mid-stream in what you do to install v6.0.0.448 and link us to some site where you get something that no one knows how to install, and no one in here describes what to do to install it.

If you don't keep track of what your logins and passwords are in March 2011, whose fault is that that a major release of the product you rely upon everywhere you go, requires that you must login and type your password 1 time per app ? How many apps require you to sign in on your device ?

When you open your standard BlackBerry 9780 Browser now, with Bundle 1879 v6.0.0.448, you can double-click in an open area on the WebPages, and it will provide you simple, Press the Space Bar, viewing of properly rendered WebPages and you will be able to read the Internet with your BlackBerry Bold 9780 as you did on your OS5 with Column View on your 9700. This still does not work on all WebPages, like the 9700 OS5 Column View.

1. Is there a column view option as described by so many users ? If there is, how exactly is it accessed to set it as default as on the 9700 OS5 where I can read the Internet please on this device ?
    2. Where did all the other applications go to on my BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0.1 that were there ?
    3. How do I actually delete some junk software items on my BB, not just hide the icons ?

If you posted to this thread that Column View is added back in in .448, why didn't you go ahead and list what exactly you did to turn it on on your BB ?
    03-12-11 04:11 AM
    ^^^ Why are you posting about .448? This is .480!
    03-12-11 07:31 AM
    Hey guys,

After i've installed this version, im really pleased with it but there's only one thing that bothers me.

My blackberry now has typing problems. Sometimes it would write 2 letters when i'm typing and I know i only clicked it once or it would do the double space with a period at the end. I know for sure its not my phone (hardware) because it has never happened with the previous os versions i had. Only started happening after i installed this version.

Any help on this one? Cause its annoying typing and having to erase, but i also dont wanna downgrade because i like this version.

THANK YOU!
    Unfortunately this is most likely a coincidence that you started experiencing this issue ever since the upgrade as tonnes of 9780 users have been experiencing the exact same thing and it's been confirmed me to a hardware issue. I suggerst you try a different OS just to confirm, however chances are you'll need to service your BlackBerry as this issue is covered under warranty if it's what a lot of us have been experiencing as per this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f219/ho...4/index25.html

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Sashko; 03-12-11 at 08:21 AM.
    03-12-11 08:15 AM
    I love this build. My Blackberry lasted me 40+ hours, longest for me since OS5 (When I was on my 9700).
    03-12-11 01:04 PM
    Same here! and it much snappier and no more bugs with hidden cursors in the browser or BBM
    03-12-11 02:07 PM
    My only gripe is the trackpad is a bit too responsive. I've set both H and V to 20. Otherwise this seems to be good.
    03-12-11 04:12 PM
    Just upgraded and everything seems to work just fine. I'm very happy about this release!
    03-12-11 05:44 PM
    ^^^ Why are you posting about .448? This is .480!
    It doesn't matter what OS I load, as there is no column view in .480 which I loaded now, either.

Where are all the posters here at Crackberry.com who said that .480 has column view ?
    03-13-11 09:05 AM
    It doesn't matter what OS I load, as there is no column view in .480 which I loaded now, either.

Where are all the posters here at Crackberry.com who said that .480 has column view ?
    It's only available in .480

...and I've already answered this question in one of your other multiple posts on the same subject

RichardR.Smith.atl likes this.
    03-13-11 09:26 AM
    My only gripe is the trackpad is a bit too responsive. I've set both H and V to 20. Otherwise this seems to be good.
    Was the preset set to 70 as well? Mine is so sensitive I only have to think about it and it moves! Still on .448 but might give this a try and see what's what.

Sounds pretty good so far.
    03-13-11 01:41 PM
    I just noticed there is no Arabic language for this release. How do I get it then?
    03-13-11 02:08 PM
    This release is the best till date ....

Very snappy / Very fast / Very good battery last / efficient memory usage...

I aint changin to any newer versions atleast for a month ....

03-14-11 12:54 AM
    Also Thanks to MAtrix LEader ... for the "Toronto wallpaper" ..... and for the review on this OS ..
    03-14-11 12:56 AM
    Also Thanks to MAtrix LEader ... for the "Toronto wallpaper" ..... and for the review on this OS ..

Thank you for the comments
    03-14-11 03:07 AM
    i've just installed this OS, although i've just used this OS for few hours, but based on my experience on these few hours, i'm very satisfied with this version.

u guys should try this, don't bother with the 461, just go to 480. BBM cursor fixed too in 480.
    03-14-11 03:54 AM
    going to try it in 5 min

lets see how this goes, on .359 now
    03-14-11 04:54 PM
    Yes indeed. Loaded it this afternoon and I must say it's a "better ride"
    Far superior from the 461 build.

hPosted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-16-11 11:17 PM
    Just upgraded mine from .294 to this, and it seems pretty good
    03-17-11 12:19 AM
    Initial Findings:

1) It is legit :

2) BBM Cursor visible with the STOCK installed BBM which is version: 5.0.1.49

Uploading new mirrors at the moment
    Hi matrix leader,

Is the Dutch language included in this OS version? When I try to install this exe on my computer I cannot choose Dutch.

But maybe this selection has nothing to do with the actual OS when I start loader afterwards?
    03-17-11 06:22 AM
    Hi matrix leader,

Is the Dutch language included in this OS version? When I try to install this exe on my computer I cannot choose Dutch.

But maybe this selection has nothing to do with the actual OS when I start loader afterwards?
    I have never checked bro, as I don't use Dutch language.

did you shrink your OS by any chance?
    03-17-11 07:03 AM
    Shrink? I have not done anything yet with this new exe file with size 170Mb
    can I install it? and can i run it to see if it's there or is this not possible?
    03-17-11 07:09 AM
    No, Dutch language is not included in this leaked version, maybe it's possible to get it somewhere.
    I have checked it by starting the application loader.
    03-17-11 07:41 AM
    No, Dutch language is not included in this leaked version, maybe it's possible to get it somewhere.
    I have checked it by starting the application loader.

Sorry I won't be able to help with this language concern as I dont use Dutch....
    03-17-11 08:00 AM
    Anybody else notice a increase in signal?, were I used to normally get 1-2 bars of gprs I'm now getting 3-5 bars of 3G on average

03-17-11 09:27 AM
217 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD