Do we have something for MAC users so that they can upgrade to OS6.0 for 9700?
    01-06-11 03:07 PM
    m a mac user
    how am i suppose to install os 6 in ma 9700
    01-22-11 10:01 AM
    Jeffreii: When I try to install via the Loader, it just ahows me the apps installed on my current OS 5 Bold 2 and gives me options to select/deselect them to add/remove them. Clicking finish tells me that there's nothing more that needs to be done. My BB remains on poor old OS 5.

I found these instructions on BBleaks
    Leaked OS installation issue � Update available only for active BlackBerry subscribers

Download BBSAK
    Create backup using Desktop Manager
    Run BBSAK, connect device using USB cable, click on �Backup/Restore� tab (in versions newer than 1.6)
    IMPORTANT: Choosing WIPE option will remove all data from our BlackBerry!
    Download leaked OS for Your BlackBerry device
    Install it
    Remove vendor file as mentioned above
    Remove RIM Internal Tools (from Add/Remove Programs Windows manager)
    Open �Backup/Restore� tab again and choose �Load OS� option
    Follow all on-screen steps
    After update run Desktop Manager, choose Backup/Restore and restore Your data from backup

But they too somehow fail for me. Can anyone help ??
    01-27-11 10:19 AM
    Wipe OS first worked.

Thanks Everyone
    Last edited by abhay.doshi; 01-27-11 at 11:13 AM. Reason: It worked.
    01-27-11 10:28 AM
    Hey guys I'm totally new to the blackberry and OS stuff... I received my bb 9700 T-Mobile (version and provider) but I've read a lot on these forums about updating and stuf..

I wanted to update my bb immediately so I won't lose anything.. So I searched for the latest official OS 6 (blackberry.com/downloads/entry 6.0.0.448 version) started and clearly followed all the steps of this instruction (Also made a service book and total back up, so that's what I still have on my computer).. I used the apploader, deleted the T-Mobile theme files (both) and I thought I installed it succesfully?!

BUT now it's stuck on the loading screen, the entire load bar is full and 100% (as far I can see) done with loading but nothing happens!!! After 30 min or so I pulled out the battery and tried to put it on again and it started loading again but on the bar is full and nothing happens.. I tried to connect with the computer, DM can't make contact but Loader still recognizes it so tried to do it all over but with no succes !

Please can someone help me I'm freaking out!!!
    02-15-11 09:02 AM
    I see my post is a bit messy this exactly what I did;
    -Insert the CD Rom that came with my bb and installed the DM via internet latest version 6.01??
    -Installed the 6.0.0.448 on my computer
    -Made a back up of service book seperetley and a Total backup
    -Deleted the vendor file
    -Deleted the 2 T-mobile theme files
    -Ran loader as administrator and followed instructions
    -Asked to back up during install pressed NO
    -Install finished (came on my pc screen)
    -BB booting up, after 30 min still a full bar (so 100%) but nothing happening?

Sorry for the first message to be unclear but i'm a bit freaked out?!
    02-15-11 09:19 AM
    Just installed OS 6.

Everything said it was installed successfully buy when phone loads it stays stuck at 75% completed. Now I have a dead phone unless someone smarter than I can help me out.

I followed all install instructions so I don't know how I could have messed this up.

Please HELP!!!!

NO MORE DEAD BLACKBERRY!!
    03-07-11 08:05 PM
    I connect my iCal events and Contacts programs on my Mac to my phone. If I install BB6 via a Windows computer, does anyone know if I can still sync to my Mac programs using Blackberry Desktop Software for Mac?
    03-07-11 08:47 PM
    Just installed OS 6.

Everything said it was installed successfully buy when phone loads it stays stuck at 75% completed. Now I have a dead phone unless someone smarter than I can help me out.

I followed all install instructions so I don't know how I could have messed this up.

Please HELP!!!!

NO MORE DEAD BLACKBERRY!!
    Is this still during the Loader process, while you're attached to the PC? For how long was it stuck? That last re-initialization reboot can take several minutes to a half-hour.
    03-07-11 08:57 PM
    I connect my iCal events and Contacts programs on my Mac to my phone. If I install BB6 via a Windows computer, does anyone know if I can still sync to my Mac programs using Blackberry Desktop Software for Mac?
    Yes, the two will not be related in any way. It will not be relevant how you installed an OS on your device. As long as you'll be syncing using a program compatible with your Mac and with your BB on OS6, you're set! (And yes DM for Mac is obviously an example of a compatible desktop program...)
    tiger_lily_2 likes this.
    03-07-11 09:01 PM
    Only the t-mobile user should delete the two thems r even d normal bb user should delete d theme!!
    05-06-13 08:50 AM
336 ... 121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD