Two problems:

I recently upgraded to OS6 on my 9700 and I'm receiving this error when I try to log onto Gtalk or Yahoo Messenger for the blackberry.

"Service Not Enabled for this Handheld"

And another thing is that I don't have Blackberry App World installed on my phone..is there a BB App world specific to OS6 that I have to download ?

thank you in advance!

-Derek
    11-10-10 02:02 AM
    so I think this is extremely weird, but every time I try to do the upgrade to OS6, my BB 9700 ends up with OS 5.0.0.862
    I removed all older OS updates, etc... deleted vendor and the net_rim_theme_tmo files, I'm still using DM5, but I am using Loader anyways from the OS6 install file.

what's going on?!?
    11-10-10 04:06 AM
    Hi! Are there detailed instructions to upgrade to OS 6 for Mac users? Thanks!
    You can not do it with a Mac.

so I think this is extremely weird, but every time I try to do the upgrade to OS6, my BB 9700 ends up with OS 5.0.0.862
    I removed all older OS updates, etc... deleted vendor and the net_rim_theme_tmo files, I'm still using DM5, but I am using Loader anyways from the OS6 install file.

what's going on?!?
    Loader.exe comes from DM, not the install. I'm not sure why you're continuing to use DM5 instead of 6 but maybe that will solve the problem, maybe not.
    11-10-10 06:52 AM

Loader.exe comes from DM, not the install. I'm not sure why you're continuing to use DM5 instead of 6 but maybe that will solve the problem, maybe not.
    I am also facing the same problem jeffreii...I have followed all your first page instructions and using DM 6 also but when I tried installing first time it ended up with the same version I was using before i.e. 5.0.0.586..and now when I am trying to install again it is saying Desktop manager could not find any application to install and asking to search same as above..already tried uninstall and reinstall of os6...can also see 6.0.0.344 in loader files...its getting difficult for me now..please help..
    Last edited by desertcold; 11-10-10 at 04:18 PM.
    11-10-10 04:12 PM
    I am also facing the same problem jeffreii...I have followed all your first page instructions and using DM 6 also but when I tried installing first time it ended up with the same version I was using before i.e. 5.0.0.586..and now when I am trying to install again it is saying Desktop manager could not find any application to install and asking to search same as above..already tried uninstall and reinstall of os6...can also see 6.0.0.344 in loader files...its getting difficult for me now..please help..
    You're using loader.exe or Desktop Manager? Is your phone actually spending the 30 minutes installing (meaning you see the BlackBerry reboot screen for 10-15 minutes while it loads)?
    11-10-10 04:51 PM
    When DM was released for the mac crackberry posted an article explaining how to do exactly this. I'm sure a google would find him what he needs.

edit: Heres some instructions for the Mac User

http://crackberry.com/installing-bla...esktop-manager

How to upgrade an OS on a Mac - BlackBerry Empire

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xandermac; 11-10-10 at 09:14 PM.
    11-10-10 09:06 PM
    When DM was released for the mac crackberry posted an article explaining how to do exactly this. I'm sure a google would find him what he needs.

edit: Heres some instructions for the Mac User

Installing a BlackBerry Beta OS with Mac Desktop Manager | CrackBerry.com

How to upgrade an OS on a Mac - BlackBerry Empire
    A quick scan through the comments on those two threads and I haven't seen anyone do it successfully. I've never heard of someone managing it through a Mac but if anyone could prove me wrong I'd gladly stop telling people to get a real computer!
    11-10-10 09:20 PM
    Hehehe. I hear ya, I personally just boot my Mac into windoze via bootcamp to work on a berry cos, you know, you can do that on a mac

A quick scan through the comments on those two threads and I haven't seen anyone do it successfully. I've never heard of someone managing it through a Mac but if anyone could prove me wrong I'd gladly stop telling people to get a real computer!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 09:24 PM
    I deleted net_rim_theme_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod , how can i put it back?

plz help me
    11-10-10 11:20 PM
    I deleted net_rim_theme_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod , how can i put it back?

plz help me
    Uninstall then reinstall the OS from/to your computer. The JAVA files will all be put back.
    11-11-10 07:00 AM
    You're using loader.exe or Desktop Manager? Is your phone actually spending the 30 minutes installing (meaning you see the BlackBerry reboot screen for 10-15 minutes while it loads)?
    1. Thanks for response
    2. I am using Loader.exe from C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader.
    3. No, My phone did not spend 30 mins when I did the process for first time. it only took about 2-3 mins., deleted facebook and some other apps and rebooted with factory default setting (like a new phone) but with my old version 5.0.0.586

for your info, after first time Loader did not allow any update as its saying no application to load. Moreover Now when I am opening DM its showing me one update but its not os6, its 5.0.0.714..first I thought may be i installed the wrong os on my computer but as i said I can also see 6.0.0.344 in loader files..Never installed any BB os before on my computer also..

Sorry if i am writing too much...

Thank u in advance...
    11-11-10 07:30 AM
    1. Thanks for response
    2. I am using Loader.exe from C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader.
    3. No, My phone did not spend 30 mins when I did the process for first time. it only took about 2-3 mins., deleted facebook and some other apps and rebooted with factory default setting (like a new phone) but with my old version 5.0.0.586

for your info, after first time Loader did not allow any update as its saying no application to load. Moreover Now when I am opening DM its showing me one update but its not os6, its 5.0.0.714..first I thought may be i installed the wrong os on my computer but as i said I can also see 6.0.0.344 in loader files..Never installed any BB os before on my computer also..

Sorry if i am writing too much...

Thank u in advance...
    Well then your phone was certainly not upgraded. Have you uninstalled all "Blackberry Device Software" listings from your computer other than the 6.0 one?
    11-11-10 08:31 AM
    Well then your phone was certainly not upgraded. Have you uninstalled all "Blackberry Device Software" listings from your computer other than the 6.0 one?
    No nothing there in control panel listing of software and services...only blackberry 6 is there...I never installed any os before...now wht??
    11-11-10 09:32 AM
    No nothing there in control panel listing of software and services...only blackberry 6 is there...I never installed any os before...now wht??
    I'm running out of ideas.

I don't think it is necessary with this since it's a leak but you did delete the vendor.xml file, right?

You can try wiping the device clean and then installing OS6...

In your c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loader files\
    you only have the one folder for 6.0.0.344, right?
    11-11-10 10:02 AM
    I'm running out of ideas.

I don't think it is necessary with this since it's a leak but you did delete the vendor.xml file, right?

You can try wiping the device clean and then installing OS6...

In your c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loader files\
    you only have the one folder for 6.0.0.344, right?
    I understand your situation....I did delete the vender.xml...actually i followed all your instructions given of first page...nothing left...moreover, only one folder is thr, named 9700M_v6.0.0.344_P6.6.0.50....ok now abt wiping th device clean..i don knw so much abt that..sorry as i m new to BB...if possible please reply how to do a clean wipe with wht..and installing os6 with which available tool..thanks..but again my only 2 concerns..why loader is not able to find os6 when its thr and why this DM is showing os update 5.0.0.714...????

Thanks a ton for help til nw...i really appreciate your efforts to luk into everyone's problems...
    Last edited by desertcold; 11-11-10 at 10:33 AM.
    11-11-10 10:29 AM
    I understand your situation....I did delete the vender.xml...actually i followed all your instructions given of first page...nothing left...moreover, only one folder is thr, named 9700M_v6.0.0.344_P6.6.0.50....ok now abt wiping th device clean..i don knw so much abt that..sorry as i m new to BB...if possible please reply how to do a clean wipe with wht..and installing os6 with which available tool..thanks..but again my only 2 concerns..why loader is not able to find os6 when its thr and why this DM is showing os update 5.0.0.714...????

Thanks a ton for help til nw...i really appreciate your efforts to luk into everyone's problems...
    I really don't know why - I don't have a 9700 and I haven't ever had a problem installing an OS update.

If you wipe the device, it might make it work - loader doesn't have anything to put on it except 6.0 since you have nothing else in the loader files folder.

You can download BBSAK from my signature. Plug the phone in and run the program. There's a wipe option. It will remove the OS from your phone and basically brick it. Then you can click on Load OS or just launch loader.exe manually and hopefully it will install 6.0.

Again...I really don't know what the problem is.

Perhaps the first thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall DM6?
    11-11-10 10:55 AM
    I have just installed OS.6... without deleting vendor file. and did full restore ( including servicebook) and everything just works fine?

what does this vendor.xml stand for?
    11-11-10 02:28 PM
    Thx for the advice regarding TMO. Running smooth now!! Beautiful OS!
    I take it you have no Browser issues?!?! Backed-up & Restored Service-Books using the Enable Legacy Method unfortunately to no avail....

I'm on KPN in The Netherlands and not T-Mobile.
    11-11-10 06:29 PM
    I have just installed OS.6... without deleting vendor file. and did full restore ( including servicebook) and everything just works fine?

what does this vendor.xml stand for?
    All it does is check to see if your carrier is the same as the one that the OS was released for. Say I have a T-mobile 99700 but I downloaded an ATT build, I would need to delete vendor.xml otherwise it wouldn't install..
    11-11-10 06:34 PM
    @Giopailo AND @a93hunt Are you both on T-Mobile? Also, are you having Browser issues. i.e. unable to browse except when on WiFi? Please let me ( and the rest) know.... (y).

Thanks | NokJAA!
    11-11-10 06:41 PM
    @Giopailo AND @a93hunt Are you both on T-Mobile? Also, are you having Browser issues. i.e. unable to browse except when on WiFi? Please let me ( and the rest) know.... (y).

Thanks | NokJAA!
    No issues at all, I am using unblocked version of O2 phone.
    11-12-10 01:13 AM
    Thanks for taking time to make the short guide and explanation. It worked!
    11-12-10 06:46 AM
    Hey Jeffreii,
    i followed everything you have written, but when i double clicked on the loader - next - Connect - (on the application page it says -
    "The blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

I didnt know what to do after that, i reinstalled the 9700 6.0 OS but nothing.

Can you please guide me as you are a Genius

Thank You
    11-12-10 08:24 AM
    Hey Jeffreii,
    i followed everything you have written, but when i double clicked on the loader - next - Connect - (on the application page it says -
    "The blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

I didnt know what to do after that, i reinstalled the 9700 6.0 OS but nothing.

Can you please guide me as you are a Genius

Thank You
    Just to check a few things:

1) You have a Bold 9700, right?
    2) Please list the folders you see at this location:
    C:\Program Files(86)\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\
    11-12-10 09:18 AM
    Just to check a few things:

1) You have a Bold 9700, right?
    2) Please list the folders you see at this location:
    C:\Program Files(86)\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\
    Yes i have a Bold 9700 running on Rogers.
    I went to the loader files and deleted the vendor.xml.

When i click on loader.exe is where the problem starts, i cant add or remove any applications, just gives me the error
    thank you
    11-12-10 09:28 AM
336 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD