I have T-mobile 9700 and I have tried all procedures stated here and I still have white background and small Icons. Cod files have been deleted Leaving only rim blackberry 6 theme. Backup restore done(no options or settings checked) Battery pulls done, I can't access my display or theme options. When I click menu and then click on options. Options will not open, screen flickers, but does not open options. Please Help, I don't want to downgrade OS!
    Assuming you haven't changed the Home Screen options yet, from the Home Screen just start typing "theme" and let Universal Search guide you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-10 04:42 AM
    Hi, I have installed os6 and everything works fine except 1 thing.
    My battery life has gone down drasticly. Whereas i had 3 days of battery life with os5 i have only 12 hours with os6.
    In the upper right corner the device keeps showing that i am sending or receiving something. While I am doing noting at all.
    This really sucks, any solutions??
    11-05-10 04:57 AM
    Actually Jeffreii, I was thinking it might be a good idea if you added a couple notes on BBM Backup into the first Post. I include in all my OS upgrade instructions now. Especially for a big jump like this one, I would recommend the remote Backup being enabled to the primary email address, as well as the Local Backup to the media card.
    Excellent suggestion. Things like this are such standard practice for me I forget! Thanks.
    11-05-10 06:29 AM
    I am using the Bold 9700 on At&t and just updated to OS6. For some reason, I cannot send texts. Everytime i try to send a text, the little clock shows up and it never attempts to send. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    yeah, it's 1 of some bugs found on this leaked OS. there are 2 ways to solve it:
    - turn all your radio connections off, leave it for 3-5 seconds then turn them back on, OR
    - switch your phone off, leave it for 3-5 seconds then turn it back on
    11-05-10 09:18 AM
    Thank You so much! I follow your steps to a Tee and I OS 6 is running semi smoothly lil sluggish here and there but It works great! thank you again
    11-05-10 11:11 AM
    Thank You so much! I follow your steps to a Tee and I OS 6 is running semi smoothly lil sluggish here and there but It works great! thank you again
    Glad to help.

Don't forget the battery pulls!
    11-05-10 10:48 PM
    too bad i'm getting an error msg, do i need to get a data plan to have it updated?
    it shows an error that upgrade is only available to users with an active blackberry subscripton subscription.
    11-06-10 12:03 AM
    i tryed updating and got an error and no my blackberry wont turn on and it blinks red idk what happend can anyone help?
    11-06-10 11:50 AM
    i tryed updating and got an error and no my blackberry wont turn on and it blinks red idk what happend can anyone help?
    never mind i was able to fix it, im enjoying this new os
    11-06-10 12:35 PM
    Hey guys, its notthe first time that i install an leaked os but when i start the loader there is no os6 shown just something like dochawk to install no OS 6 ?
    any soulution ?
    11-06-10 01:39 PM
    Hey guys, its notthe first time that i install an leaked os but when i start the loader there is no os6 shown just something like dochawk to install no OS 6 ?
    any soulution ?
    dont know but somehow fixed it
    11-06-10 01:59 PM
    thank you thank you jeffreii for your instructions!! Everything went well. Just had to do a couple of restarts to get everything running smoothly. =]
    11-06-10 02:26 PM
    I'm unable to update OS 6!! running Windows XP and DM 4.7.
    whats the prob?
    see attachment..
    11-07-10 03:03 AM
    please help me.. till I'm waiting..
    11-07-10 03:46 AM
    Thank you so much! I've been trying to figure out what I've been doing wrong for days! just installed it! You are a MAJOR LIFE SAVER!
    11-07-10 10:44 AM
    I'm unable to update OS 6!! running Windows XP and DM 4.7.
    whats the prob?
    see attachment..
    I see no attachment.

You should download DM 6.0 though.

Make sure to follow my step by step instructions in the first post of this thread.
    11-07-10 02:58 PM
    I followed all the directions and right after the OS was installed my phone was rebooting, a couple of OS6 features were playing in a vid clip on the screen like web browsing. After that, now the screen is showing black. The phone seems to be on since the keyboard lights come up and the black background is showing, but I can't do anything with it. It's been about 10 minutes since the reboot. What happened and what do I do?
    11-07-10 03:59 PM
    thanks so much

tmobile user
    11-07-10 06:51 PM
    Hello,

I upgrade to os6 and every thing is fine but can not browsing internet I got this message

I can use bolt browser but can not use default, how can I solve this problem.

I use OmanMobile (arabic)

Thanx
    11-08-10 05:48 AM
    almuhajir, i'm having the same problem... Native browser isn't working, third party ones are... Any1 knows a solution?
    11-08-10 08:11 AM
    Hello,

I upgrade to os6 and every thing is fine but can not browsing internet I got this message

I can use bolt browser but can not use default, how can I solve this problem.

I use OmanMobile (arabic)

Thanx
    hey, just got the solution.. there is a duplicate Service Book.. which needs to be deleted...
    Go to Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Service Book

There should be "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service" and "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service 2"

Delete "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service 2" and you would be able to resume browsing again from Native browser

Cheers!
    11-08-10 08:22 AM
    hey, just got the solution.. there is a duplicate Service Book.. which needs to be deleted...

There should be "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service" and "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service 2"

Delete "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service 2" and you would be able to resume browsing again from Native browser

Cheers!

i have the same problem

but i dont have "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service" nor "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service 2" in the service book!

is there a way to add it???

thanks
    11-08-10 10:31 AM
    Big thanks to jeffreii! Followed the instructions and everything worked great. Getting everything set up now and re-downloading apps.
    11-08-10 09:25 PM

Cheers!
    If you find that every time you restart this servicebook is back, then delete the one without the 2 and leave the one with 2. I say this because i found out that my carrier pushes the one with 2 for os6 and the other came from a restore.
    11-08-10 11:45 PM
    Hi! Are there detailed instructions to upgrade to OS 6 for Mac users? Thanks!
    11-09-10 10:11 PM
336 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD