ahh ur awesome!! did it and it works..thanks for the tip
    11-02-10 10:56 PM
    Team,

I would like to thank you to all of you, today I upgraded my phone from os 5 to os 6 and is soo nicee!!! I am very happy and is working like a charm!, thanks for your advice and support at the beginning of this forum and for taking the time to type the procedure to install this software,, u guys made my day! I am like a little boy now playing with it.

thanks for all your support and guidance,, gents,, please follow this procedure at the beginning of this forum and you will have a successfull intallation.

from San Diego California.. thanks!

u guys rock!

by the way,, did you guys checked that the acid test is 100/100? hehe so nice!! in less than 5 seconds!
    11-02-10 11:35 PM
    great info for the community, thanx for your efforts
    11-02-10 11:41 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks for all the tips and tricks. it works as long as you take your time and follow the directions. Thank you again.
    11-02-10 11:46 PM
    Thank you somuch for this very helpful thread!!! the only obstacle I encountered at first , was the white screen... T-Mobile users... ENSURE that you delete the cods before hand... if, in your excitement you forget to do so (like i did *embarrased face*) just go ahead and delete them and run loader again.. it will seem like it did nothing.. but restart and voila!!! OS 6!..

no problems so far
    11-02-10 11:57 PM
    this leaked OS works fine with me. just installed today
    11-03-10 02:11 AM
    I also want to say thanks to the great work you do here.Like all the guys said,just followed the hints from first post and had no problem with nothing.Just do exactly what he said to do and you will be done in 30 minutes.Thank you again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 02:43 AM
    Following the TMO install procedure made for a 100% flawless installation on my 9700. Service books and e-mail (11 accounts in my case), all migrated over without a hitch. OS6 runs smoothly and quickly and is a great upgrade for those ready to migrate to OS6 (highly recommend). During the install process, recommend that you uncheck all 3rd party apps (important for the sake of a clean install, as some 3rd party apps may not function in OS6). Of the core apps, I chose to check only those that either had "upgrade" or "install" status (which were most of them). In my case, I chose not to install BB Maps (don't use it), or BB App World (as it's install status was "None"). Note on Ringtones (they have been scaled down considerably), all the old OS5 ringtones are no longer there (lets face it, they just took up a lot of space anyway). However, the custom ringtones that were installed on my SD Card migrated into OS6 without a hitch! Once the new OS6 is installed, the only issue you will have to deal with is a slight learning curve navigating around the new OS.
    Last edited by callcom; 11-03-10 at 03:03 AM.
    11-03-10 03:00 AM
    I am upgrading right now with an Wind Mobile 9700 phone that is unlocked, will share if anything!

Edit: Everything working perfectly!

Edit 2: I can't browse the net over my carrier.

Edit3: Fixed my issue above, everything is working perfectly!
    Last edited by lengend; 11-03-10 at 04:55 AM.
    11-03-10 03:31 AM
    Great thread, I was worried about giving this a go, now I can get on with it. Thank you
    11-03-10 04:53 AM
    I am upgrading right now with an Wind Mobile 9700 phone that is unlocked, will share if anything!

Edit: Everything working perfectly!

Edit 2: I can't browse the net over my carrier.

Edit3: Fixed my issue above, everything is working perfectly!
    how did you fix a problem with browser?
    11-03-10 05:30 AM
    Thanks for the great info. I followed your how-to and had a great OS for 12 hours or so.

Unfortunately, now on OS6, my keypad/keyboard will not respond or do anything at all. No user input. OS5 works no problem and I had a function OS6 for the better part of the day. Any thoughts?!?!

Check my post here for more info: http://forums.crackberry.com/f217/he...onding-545819/
    11-03-10 05:40 AM
    After Run loader and select colection :USB-Pin and click next i dont get to select anything it juz says add and not able to click any thing pls help .
    thanx in advance
    11-03-10 05:56 AM
    Thanks for the great info. I followed your how-to and had a great OS for 12 hours or so.

Unfortunately, now on OS6, my keypad/keyboard will not respond or do anything at all. No user input. OS5 works no problem and I had a function OS6 for the better part of the day. Any thoughts?!?!
    Are you serious?! I almost bricked my blackberry while trying to install due to a USB connection problem. But it's running fine on os 6.0 now. Seems like you're the only one with such keypad issues.
    11-03-10 05:57 AM
    Glowfoto :: Photo Sharing
    Pls help Me out i am stuck here cant wait to get os6 but i am stuck here
    thanx in advance
    11-03-10 06:21 AM
    I can't find my themes any where. I looked where they are suppose to be but nothing. I reloaded my third party apps and even downloaded a theme from mobihand by email and when I went to install it it told me it was already on my device but I just cant find it in os 6 any help please?
    OS5 themes will not work on OS6.

Hmm I'm kinda stuck on the license agreement screen. is that normal? i clicked ok and it's taking ages to move on..
    Did a battery pull fix this? If not you should probably try a security wipe and then if still no luck, a reinstall of the OS.

Hi,

I've removed the themes before installation, but after installation I'm still getting the white screen with small icons. Any idea what is wrong?
    Still having this issue? That sounds exactly like the T-Mobile issue but it appears you are not on T-Mobile. Can you run BBSAK and read .cods and see what net_rim_themes files you have on your device?

After Run loader and select colection :USB-Pin and click next i dont get to select anything it juz says add and not able to click any thing pls help .
    thanx in advance
    It sounds like you did not install the OS to your PC? Control Panel/Programs and Features should list all your Windows programs installed. You should see one and only one "BlackBerry DEVICE Software". Do you see it? Does it say 6.0.0.344?

Pls help Me out i am stuck here cant wait to get os6 but i am stuck here
    thanx in advance
    Read directly above. Doesn't look like you have an OS installed either.
    11-03-10 06:28 AM
    Ya it shows in add/remove BlackBerry DEVICE Software
    11-03-10 06:41 AM
    Strange. You are in fact using a 9700 right? You wouldn't be the first person trying to install this to a 9650 or something!

Did you try rebooting your computer? Uninstall and reinstall the OS to your computer?
    11-03-10 06:50 AM
    @jeffrei was just curious about what grandmax said in page 6 about the keyboard issue. Is this problem a pertinent issue?
    11-03-10 06:53 AM
    Ya its bold 2 9700 running 5.0.0.862
    11-03-10 06:56 AM
    @jeffrei was just curious about what grandmax said in page 6 about the keyboard issue. Is this problem a pertinent issue?
    Doubt it. First time I've heard of it.

Ya its bold 2 9700 running 5.0.0.862
    Ok I guess try the computer reboot and uninstall/reinstall of the OS.
    11-03-10 07:03 AM
    Hello, 9700 I set my phone os6 leaked, but the device gets stuck too. Why? How can I solve the problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 07:08 AM
    Hello, 9700 I set my phone os6 leaked, but the device gets stuck too. Why? How can I solve the problem?
    Gets stuck where?
    11-03-10 07:20 AM
    Ok, so i got the white screen problem, and i am a tmobile user and familiar with BBSAK. I read the cod files going through them all and only saw one out of the two that needs to be deleted.Could not find the "tmobileeu" one. Is anyone else having problem finding the second file.?
    This happened to me as well. I believe it depends on the region for the phone, so it's either or. Once you delete the one and restart your phone you should be good to go.
    11-03-10 07:42 AM
    Followed the directions on the first post and things couldnt have gone smoother..got it done within 20 minutes or so and have done a friends 9700 also and it went just as smooth.

Just some tips- Remove the .cod files from the computer first rather than bbsak, seems to work the best.

Only backup and restore barebone essentials through DM- all i did was my contacts, memos, and password keeper- no third party apps (i just redownloaded and installed later). and when using app loader make sure you select the do not restore application data option and just restore the essentials that i mentioned through DM after the os6 install.

Overall OS6 is working super fast and clean!! only one issue i cant figure out is why i cant get my facebook to work with my social feeds app- the only thing it allows me to integrate with the social feeds app at the moment is bbm (i dont use twitter or anything else so dont have those installed either). If anyone can help with that it'd be appreciated!
    11-03-10 08:41 AM
336 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD