Hi there, not sure exactly what you're asking, but I can tell you there is no difference between loading a "leaked" vs an "official" OS. All OS are made by RIM and 99% of the time distributed to all carriers with that device. Carriers then decide if they think the OS is decent, and whether it's good enough to justify the major tech support of hassle of releasing an OS upgrade.

Removing a cod from an official vs a leaked OS is no different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sorry I meant I wasn't sure if that file would have had a different name and maybe it shows up differently for others.

11-02-10 06:44 PM
    I attempted to install BB6 to my 9700 and I got Error 507. The computer will connect to the handheld and the app loader says it connects to the BB, erasing app data, installing system software and then during waiting for device to initialize, the phone restarts and goes to the BB6 startup screen and freezes at about 60% and then the Error 507 screen appears. Any thoughts? I am downloading BB6 off of another mirror and going to completely reinstall it. I have a standard AT&T 9700.
    Sounds like your OS install failed for some reason. Is your USB cable plugged directly into your computer or is it in a USB hub? It should be direct.

Try again using the install instructions in the first post, following them carefully. Let me know how it goes.
    11-02-10 06:44 PM
    I do not have any sort of memory leak on my Torch with about 15 apps installed. I firmly believe memory leaks are a result of certain apps/themes and not the OS itself.

Not that it matters on the Torch with 300MB+ free lol
    Those are probably the most common reasons for memory leaks but there are plenty of others. There are certain operations/actions you can take that will leave a memory leak only until next reboot.

Having a very low free memory threshold can result in this too. Get down to around 30MB free and monitor it, and you'll start seeing that mem free aount just sink through regular usage.

I have a bunch more apps & themes than you, and Imy Torch at about 250MB free, which is plenty!

11-02-10 06:49 PM
    Sorry I meant I wasn't sure if that file would have had a different name and maybe it shows up differently for others.
    No same name for for everyone.
    If OS's have the same version number (aka Application number) then there can't be any differences except which language pack it has (EastAsian, Multilanguage, All Languages) or possibly the Platform number, which represents the radio file.

11-02-10 06:55 PM
    Well, not sure exactly what happened, but I went ahead and checked in bbsak and net_rim_blackberry6_480x360_b.cod is still in there. When I get home from work I'll give it another go and see if I can recreate it.

11-02-10 06:57 PM
    How do I delete the things I need to delete in order to work on my blackberry 9700 through a mac book.. I don't have access to a pc and I do everything through here.

Jeffrei: If you can, add me on bbm so we can solve this quicker. I want to download the OS today.
    Last edited by tommyisfuego1; 11-02-10 at 07:03 PM.
    11-02-10 07:00 PM
    How do I delete the things I need to delete in order to work on my blackberry 9700 through a mac book.. I don't have access to a pc and I do everything through here.

Jeffrei: If you can, add me on bbm so we can solve this quicker. I want to download the OS today.
    You cannot install a leaked OS using a mac.
    11-02-10 07:06 PM
    Dammit. Ok, so I'll see If I can access my brothers computer, but I'll have to hack into his comp lol. Anyways, what are the exact files that I have to delete and where are they found?
    11-02-10 07:12 PM
    Hi Tommy, check out post #32, where I added to another user's info on the location of the cod files to remove.

11-02-10 07:34 PM
    Sounds like your OS install failed for some reason. Is your USB cable plugged directly into your computer or is it in a USB hub? It should be direct.

Try again using the install instructions in the first post, following them carefully. Let me know how it goes.
    No luck with a fresh install of the 6.0 exe. I tried a new USB port. I am on a laptop, Windows 7 Enterprise, with a dock, but I was already using a hardware port, not the hub in the dock. I disconnected the computer from the dock and tried to do that and came back to my phone with Error 507. Right now I am trying to reinstall 5.0.0.602 and see if can save my phone. Desktop manager is currently checking for device software updates, but the bb's screen shows the computer <-> phone transfer screen, so thats a good sign.
    11-02-10 07:47 PM
    I updated to the new OS6 but seem to have lost my BBM contacts. When I restored using DM6 it gave me the option to restore my 'BBGroups' but not all of my single BBM contacts. Can anyone help????
    11-02-10 07:49 PM
    Dammit. Ok, so I'll see If I can access my brothers computer, but I'll have to hack into his comp lol. Anyways, what are the exact files that I have to delete and where are they found?
    The first page of this thread has step by step instructions...is there something there you don't understand?
    11-02-10 07:52 PM
    I've tried this a couple of times but i keep getting stuck on the verifying security software!! HELLLP!!!
    11-02-10 08:10 PM
    Thanks to all who posted before me, I am now rocking OS 6!! I read the forums before downloading and it went seemlessly! I am a T-mobile customer, so I deleted the T-mobile themes, as suggested. I did not restore my settings, but I did restore my third-party apps though (because I had the time on my hands to re-install if I had to). I can't seem to get Shrink-a-OS to do anything with OS 6 though. I will keep trying, but everything is running well. The new menu will take some getting used to, but I am glad I did it!!

Ron
    11-02-10 08:14 PM
    Jeffreii

Thanks a lot for the write up on how to install this OS on my Bold 9700.
    Everything went smoothly.
    11-02-10 08:16 PM
    I updated to the new OS6 but seem to have lost my BBM contacts. When I restored using DM6 it gave me the option to restore my 'BBGroups' but not all of my single BBM contacts. Can anyone help????

Did you ever create a backup using an e-mail address or on your memory card?? If not theres nothing you can do.
    11-02-10 08:17 PM
    My device won't connect to the web am I missing something? I followed the instructions from the first post on here but am still having trouble, does anyone have any ideas for me or can tell me what I am missing please? My bold says I am connected to my home wifi and am getting a tmobile 3g signal. I am not sure whats wrong. Everything else is working fine though.
    11-02-10 08:28 PM
    Thanks Joe, I appreciate the response...I did backup my contacts using my email account. Do you have any idea how to access that information and get my contacts back on my bbm?
    11-02-10 08:28 PM
    Thanks Joe, I appreciate the response...I did backup my contacts using my email account. Do you have any idea how to access that information and get my contacts back on my bbm?
    BBM/Options/Restore/Restore using email
    11-02-10 09:05 PM
    Excellent mate!! can i post this instructionsin another website? of course,all merits are yours!!
    11-02-10 10:04 PM
    Good thread, Jeff. I'll add a link in my sig. Hopefully this will help head off the additional 15 upcoming threads asking the same thing.
    11-02-10 10:10 PM
    I can't find my themes any where. I looked where they are suppose to be but nothing. I reloaded my third party apps and even downloaded a theme from mobihand by email and when I went to install it it told me it was already on my device but I just cant find it in os 6 any help please?
    11-02-10 10:25 PM
    I followed these directions exactly and have had ZERO issues. Runs smooth, and no complaints AT ALL! Love it!!!

Thank you for the post
    11-02-10 10:39 PM
    Hmm I'm kinda stuck on the license agreement screen. is that normal? i clicked ok and it's taking ages to move on..
    11-02-10 10:39 PM
    Hi,

I've removed the themes before installation, but after installation I'm still getting the white screen with small icons. Any idea what is wrong?
    11-02-10 10:56 PM
336 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD