Guys no need to wipe necessarily.

Manually delete cod's from OS java folder on your PC. Then run Loader again. It will ask if you want to downgrade OS's. (Just a little quirk.) Say yes and it will essentially apply changes to the OS on device, namely removing the cod's you've removed on your PC.

Make sense?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 04:01 PM
    My plan is delete them manually from the computer itself, wipe the device, and reload the system again. Will let you know how that goes. I already found the two files on the computer and deleted them.
    I can't seem to find them on my computer locally... I saw the following link from another sire but no luck.

"Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    From what i read you should delete first the file below some ppl have small os 5 icons
    The T-Mobile theme file is called net_rim_theme_tmobile_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod

from here

C:/ Program Files / Common Files / Research In Motion / Shared / Loader Files / 9700M_v6.0.0.344_P6.6.050 / Java"

Its clear the phone works because i receive calls and can see the awesome startup videos but realistically its a white background with those icons so it has to be something theme related. Any help would be huge friends!
    11-02-10 04:03 PM
    whoops... looks like BBSAK and 3 resets makes it happen -- this is gorgeous... good luck guys and I hope I don't crash but sick phone now!
    11-02-10 04:04 PM
    Running this leak for 4 or 5 hours and I can tell that there is definetely a memory leak (like other people have reported).
    I don�r run any social network (i.e. Facebook, Linkedin, etc).

Memory went down from almost 80 mb to just over 66 justa by playing with device..

Too soon to tella, but battery does not seem too good either, though I admit I have done a number of battery pulls which consume battery.

Very fast boot time!!

Compared with the first OS 5 leak this first OS 6 leak is waaaaaay better!!

Remember... it�s a leak..... if you don�t like it, go back to OS 5 and wait for an official release..
    11-02-10 04:05 PM
    For anyone using BBSAK to remove cod's, always check again afterwards that the cod is in fact gone from the list.

This is especially important if you attempt to remove multiple cod's simultaneously. Sometimes BBSAK will only remove 1 cod at a time, and need to reboot after each to apply changes too! It's a finicky program sometimes�

Again, these are could-happen not will-happen scenarios. Just double-check that it did in fact work for you� just in case!

11-02-10 04:05 PM
    @ Scouts, the mem leaks are there for the Torch too. I thinkl these will fade away with future builds.

Also if you have the confidence to do so, you should remove whatever cod's you can to help your cause too.

11-02-10 04:09 PM
    C:/ Program Files / Common Files / Research In Motion / Shared / Loader Files / 9700M_v6.0.0.344_P6.6.050 / Java"
    Just as an FYI, that is and always has been the path for the Java folder (where you find the cod's).
    Oh except it's Program Files (x86) on 64-bit PCs.

To make it a little more simple for some people, in the folder where you would select AppLoader, select Shared instead. Then loader Files, then the OS #, then Java.

11-02-10 04:13 PM
    i already dled os 6 and removed the themes using bbsak and i connected to dm but i still have the white screen. does anyone know of any other way to fix this issue?
    11-02-10 04:41 PM
    i already dled os 6 and removed the themes using bbsak and i connected to dm but i still have the white screen. does anyone know of any other way to fix this issue?
    I have the same problem!! ughh this is frustrating I normally never run into any problems upgrading my OS...til now! I'll try to reinstall the OS 6 and see if that works since I deleted the cod's already.
    11-02-10 04:46 PM
    k cool.. let me know if it works :-)
    11-02-10 04:48 PM
    Just FYI, I changed the title a bit so it doesn't confuse those T-Mobile users who don't know what TMO stood for. They did miss the big red theme post in the other thread after all.
    11-02-10 04:49 PM
    yay!! at first i had the white screen even though I removed the cod's and rebooted my phone. So i reinstalled the OS 6 and it finally worked! So for all the T-mobile users out there...PLEASE if you want to avoid problems remove the cod's first!!!
    11-02-10 05:04 PM
    ok, i have an odd one, upgrade went well, all apps work fine, my address book would only partially restore, tried it again then it ended up blank, now my blackberry reports i have double the amount of contacts yet nothing showing on the phone anyone got any ideas?
    11-02-10 05:35 PM
    Man I'm loving this OS. Thanks wb and Jeffreii for this post, I also had the white screen issue. I wanted to post for people still having the white screen issue that I deleted the cod's through bbsak. Only difference was that the first cod on mine wasn't named net_rim_theme_tmobile_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod, it was named net_rim_theme_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod. It didn't say tmobile in it so I figured I'd try it anyhow and bam, restarted the phone and I was good to go! I just wanted to post that because it may help one person out there.

11-02-10 05:55 PM
    I updated the first post because you should only have to remove one of the .cods. I believe the second one is an optional extra language .cod. Once you remove it with BBSAK, read the .cods to confirm it's gone. Then pull the battery on your phone for 20 seconds.

It should boot up just fine.

If you remove the .cod with BBSAK then plug it into DM, DM is probably going to reinstall those .cods. It's probably best to just remove the .cods from the Java folder and then "downgrade" when you launch DM and it prompts you to. That way they will be gone for good.
    11-02-10 06:00 PM
    Man I'm loving this OS. Thanks wb and Jeffreii for this post, I also had the white screen issue. I wanted to post for people still having the white screen issue that I deleted the cod's through bbsak. Only difference was that the first cod on mine wasn't named net_rim_theme_tmobile_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod, it was named net_rim_theme_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod. It didn't say tmobile in it so I figured I'd try it anyhow and bam, restarted the phone and I was good to go! I just wanted to post that because it may help one person out there.
    That's interesting. Since I don't have a 9700 I'm just aggregating other people's findings with my knowledge of OS 6 from using the Torch for 3 months. I'd like to work with you guys to figure this out so I can properly update the first post for others...
    11-02-10 06:03 PM
    Good thing you posted this up before I hurried to update my OS this morning. Probably saved me from a T-Mobile panic. I manually deleted those cods, shrunk the OS, and uploaded through Loader. Everything went without a hitch, and I am loving OS6 so far. Thanks for the tips!
    11-02-10 06:09 PM
    net_rim_theme_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod is the default theme. Perhaps some of you have deleted this along with the T-Mobile ones? Perhaps you deleted it instead? It should be needed...
    11-02-10 06:30 PM
    I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not as in if the .cod files would show up as tmobile or without, but I was running the leaked .938 version prior to the update. I've ran hybrids and such but I never really tooled around with the .cod files on my own so I wouldn't know if it would be different if I one was on an official os or a leaked version.

11-02-10 06:33 PM
    net_rim_theme_BlackBerry6_480x360_b.cod is the default theme. Perhaps some of you have deleted this along with the T-Mobile ones? Perhaps you deleted it instead? It should be needed...
    It is definitely needed. You cannot remove the default theme or font unless you want some major Grade A wonkiness.

Last edited by elite1; 11-02-10 at 06:37 PM.
    11-02-10 06:34 PM
    Well I first removed the second .cod file and restarted and it came up with the white screen/icons, then I went back in and removed the other because I figured worst case scenario I'd revert to 5, and that ended up fixing it, restarted and it was fine.

11-02-10 06:36 PM
    @ Scouts, the mem leaks are there for the Torch too. I thinkl these will fade away with future builds.

Also if you have the confidence to do so, you should remove whatever cod's you can to help your cause too.
    I do not have any sort of memory leak on my Torch with about 15 apps installed. I firmly believe memory leaks are a result of certain apps/themes and not the OS itself.

Not that it matters on the Torch with 300MB+ free lol
    11-02-10 06:39 PM
    I attempted to install BB6 to my 9700 and I got Error 507. The computer will connect to the handheld and the app loader says it connects to the BB, erasing app data, installing system software and then during waiting for device to initialize, the phone restarts and goes to the BB6 startup screen and freezes at about 60% and then the Error 507 screen appears. Any thoughts? I am downloading BB6 off of another mirror and going to completely reinstall it. I have a standard AT&T 9700.
    11-02-10 06:40 PM
    Well I first removed the second .cod file and restarted and it came up with the white screen/icons, then I went back in and removed the other because I figured worst case scenario I'd revert to 5, and that ended up fixing it, restarted and it was fine.
    I'd like for you to do a read of your .cods with BBSAK and let us know which theme files are currently running on your device.
    11-02-10 06:40 PM
    I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not as in if the .cod files would show up as tmobile or without, but I was running the leaked .938 version prior to the update. I've ran hybrids and such but I never really tooled around with the .cod files on my own so I wouldn't know if it would be different if I one was on an official os or a leaked version.
    Hi there, not sure exactly what you're asking, but I can tell you there is no difference between loading a "leaked" vs an "official" OS. All OS are made by RIM and 99% of the time distributed to all carriers with that device. Carriers then decide if they think the OS is decent, and whether it's good enough to justify the major tech support of hassle of releasing an OS upgrade.

Removing a cod from an official vs a leaked OS is no different.

11-02-10 06:41 PM
336 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD