Normally, I would definitely give it some more time. Alas, I'm going to be out of town for 10 days starting Friday with no computer, so I can't risk my BB havin' flaky battery life. I'll probably try it out again when I get back.
    Sorry you are having these difficulties. Hope you get things sorted out. Good luck on the trip.
    03-10-10 10:41 PM
    Bold 9700 OS 5.0.0.545 Bug -- Edits to Default Application Permissions revert back to Custom/Custom/Allow (RIM defaults) upon device reboot.
    03-10-10 10:46 PM
    Not true for me and other leaks.
    Leaked OSes shouldn't need the vendor file deleted. I have never had to remove one. Official OSes on other carriers is a different story.
    03-10-10 10:47 PM
    Facebook mobile site doesn't seem to let me log in on this build.
    03-10-10 10:54 PM
    Facebook mobile site doesn't seem to let me log in on this build.
    Same here. Weird.
    03-10-10 11:18 PM
    Same here. Weird.
    i think thats an unrelated issue. i cant log in either and im on .536. i think theres something wrong with their site.
    03-10-10 11:42 PM
    i think thats an unrelated issue. i cant log in either and im on .536. i think theres something wrong with their site.
    I hope that's the issue, earlier it worked.
    03-10-10 11:48 PM
    The FB mobile site issue is not related to this load. But on the topic of FB, I just installed 1.6.0.22 vs the 1.7 FB app. It is much much faster. The application does not drag in the least.

search these fourms for twitter......

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ota...lx-cod-341636/
    03-10-10 11:52 PM
    The "G" key no longer opens GoogleTalk.

Why RIM... why???
    You need to edit your homescreen settings. To either allow dialing or not. Have you tried that? :s
    03-11-10 12:10 AM
    It seems that .545 is going to be on TIM Italy and Fido Solutions; also it appears there are 2 more OS's for Fido which are higher than .545. PS Fido doesn't carry the 9700 so I am thinking this is in testing for Rogers.

- <bundle id="System" version="5.0.0.545">
    <devicehwid installers="MultiLang">0x0D001404</devicehwid>
    </bundle>
    - <bundle id="System" version="5.0.0.633">
    <devicehwid installers="MultiLang">0x04001507</devicehwid>
    </bundle>
    - <bundle id="System" version="5.0.0.721">

Anyone care to speculate?

segalsp
    03-11-10 12:40 AM
    It seems that .545 is going to be on TIM Italy and Wind Italy; also it appears there are 2 more OS's for Wind Italy which are higher than .545.

- <bundle id="System" version="5.0.0.545">
    </bundle>
    - <bundle id="System" version="5.0.0.633">
    <devicehwid installers="MultiLang">0x04001507</devicehwid>
    </bundle>
    - <bundle id="System" version="5.0.0.721">

Anyone care to speculate?

segalsp
    03-11-10 12:41 AM
    Leaked OSes shouldn't need the vendor file deleted. I have never had to remove one. Official OSes on other carriers is a different story.
    I've installed so many leaks, and officials..I forgot what my issues were lol.
    But yes, you are right for the most part.
    03-11-10 12:45 AM
    The amount of bogus disinformation and advice in this thread is scary. Wow. Just. Wow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 12:46 AM
    Same here. Weird.

No probs either with the app nor with the mobile site works perfectly and very fast.

In order to fast up the app i sometimes empty the facebook folder...
    03-11-10 12:51 AM
    I'm having an issue with the Associated Press app with .545, seems that any time I open the app and then close it, I always get the new item star in the upper left hand corner. I've tried reinstalling the app, wiping the device and reinstalling the OS and neither worked.
    03-11-10 02:21 AM
    Can you provide a screen shot of exactly what you mean. I do not have this issue. And haven't.
    No screen shots and sorry I missed this. I keep tabs on memory with meterberry running the stormyx theme. I have it set so when I hit the MB icon it shows how much app memory is available. It was running at about 118MB before the upgrade. After the upgrade and basic config from doing so, it was at 116. Now I have wiped my device and rebuilt it from scratch. I ran shrinkOS on it getting rig of all the non-ATT stuff as well as unused languages and demo videos etc... Now it is reading about 120MB.

The apps I run:

about 150 contacts (in sync with Outlook 2007)
    about 150 calendar entries (in sync with outlook 2007)
    MeterBerry
    BerryWeather
    YellowPages
    GoogleMaps
    BB Maps with the ribbon file
    YahooIM
    RIM Twitter
    Facebook
    Compass
    Hangman
    Midnight Pool II (lag has gone away as of 536 but has always been there b4 that)
    QuickLaunch
    DocToGo Pro with PDFtoGo
    Par 72 Golf II
    TicTacToe
    VegasPoolSharks
    StormyX theme

If you are talking about the SMS thing, notice the difference in the "y" up in the title bar vs the message headers...
    Last edited by shansmi; 03-11-10 at 03:17 AM.
    03-11-10 02:56 AM
    If your running 116 MB's free, I wouldnt worry about losing 2 MB's. Your in no danger of running out.
    That was not the concern. Was an app caching something or just an increase in the load? Now that I am back sitting at 120 after a rebuild, app cache is my bet.
    03-11-10 03:02 AM
    This os is about -2-3mb from .536 but I like it better. 3g and wifi is more stable and pixelated pic previews are gone and back to .442 kind. Battery is about the same. Overall this os is solid. Most of the issues that most claim are non existent for me.
    03-11-10 03:13 AM
    03-11-10 03:17 AM
    Okay I have determined that 3G is definitely the most stable on this build than any other I've used on the phone. I'm getting full signal (-70) just about everywhere now. It used to fluctuate a lot.

Also, unless at&t installed a tower overnight, I always drop calls at a spot on Belleview and I drove right through it and the call didn't even fade, much less drop.

The bluetooth seems to have been further tweaked. My SYNC system has never sounded this good with ANY phone. I've had a Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, Mogul, Hero, Pre, Tour and 8330... The Pre sounded the best up until I put 545 on here. Its definitely not a placebo.

Battery seems to be really great. I've been messing with the phone for about 6 hours now and I am at 80%

3G speed is still impressing me. I usually get about 500kbps here at my place. Pulled 2800 earlier.
    Last edited by Ethrem; 03-11-10 at 04:27 AM.
    03-11-10 04:14 AM
    I posted this last night.....no responses.....just curious if its only me or not.....

I dunno if maybe I didn't notice this in previous OS's, but after installing .545 (install went perfect, BTW) I noticed under Options that there is a "Sounds and Ring Tones" option. It allows you to change all sorts of things...including having the option of "vibrate with ring tone." i don't remember that being there in the past.

No need to tell you much more. I've only had the new OS for about 25 minutes.....so I'm not going to tell you that the new OS has a kick *** battery....or that it's draining the life out of my phone.....those updates will come tomorrow with regular use.

ps.......the lock button....hahaha. just kidding. if i had a problem with it I would have downgraded instead of b*tching about it here.

03-11-10 05:37 AM
    I posted this last night.....no responses.....just curious if its only me or not.....

I dunno if maybe I didn't notice this in previous OS's, but after installing .545 (install went perfect, BTW) I noticed under Options that there is a "Sounds and Ring Tones" option. It allows you to change all sorts of things...including having the option of "vibrate with ring tone." i don't remember that being there in the past.

No need to tell you much more. I've only had the new OS for about 25 minutes.....so I'm not going to tell you that the new OS has a kick *** battery....or that it's draining the life out of my phone.....those updates will come tomorrow with regular use.

ps.......the lock button....hahaha. just kidding. if i had a problem with it I would have downgraded instead of b*tching about it here.

The Vibrate with ring tone option was there like forever... i think, since os 5 came out. tis is no news.
    03-11-10 05:40 AM
    Installed last night, and immediately I was transformed into twice the man I was before. Really though, it seems no better than 536, but I haven't tested the radio signal in my favorite places yet.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

03-11-10 06:44 AM
    I installed last night and easiest upgrade yet. Only had to rearrange some icons(not all) and input my user information for my apps. Was using stock os from AT&T and found this to have faster browser and faster picture interface.
    03-11-10 07:31 AM
    I'm about to install this and if it sucks then all you guys that said it rocks suck too
    03-11-10 07:35 AM
590 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD