So has anyone been able to delete BBM?
    Not until I found a workaround. Upgrade to the updated bbm via bb appworld, reboot, then delete the new version from My World.

Bye bye bbm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 12:55 AM
    Removed the PTT ALX and associated modules as a precaution, .548 installed without a hitch, browser link bug present. Might blend in the .545 browser to see if that resolves the link issue.

03-13-10 03:06 AM
    Does anyone have a link to the install ?
    03-13-10 03:23 AM
    For people having trouble with Desktop Manager seeing the update, uninstall any 4.7.1 software, and make sure after you install 5.0 you RESTART your computer. This is almost always the fix (ALMOST).
    03-13-10 04:28 AM
    So is this a better OS than .484? That's what i'm currently using and Im wondering if I should upgraade
    03-13-10 08:39 AM
    Upgraded to .548, the clicking problem isn't that big of a deal for me. If it doesn't go when you click it the first time, scroll off of it and then click it again and it should go. Also if you highlight the link and hit the enter key, it should work. The boot time is a little longer than .484 also, but isn't really a big difference I don't think.

Last edited by berryjunky; 03-13-10 at 09:28 AM.
    03-13-10 09:10 AM
    I think that I'll wait for a Driphter hybrid built on .548 - so far his hybrid (see signature) that I installed is working fine for me. No need to jump all over this given a few of the issues cited.
    03-13-10 10:32 AM
    For People having trouble with DM, I recommend using BBSAK to load your OS. The last few leaks that I've downloaded (.419, .530, .548) I installed by using the Load OS feature in BBSAK and it worked great. Easier even than Shink-A-OS in my opinion. I haven't even had to uninstall or move the older OS folders when doing this, it just always installs the newest one. It even works for installing hybrids. I installed Irethuns .530 hybrid this way.

By the way, .548 is working great for me so far. I also use Opera Mini 5 as my primary browser so the link double click issue is not a big deal for me.
    03-13-10 10:56 AM
    For People having trouble with DM, I recommend using BBSAK to load your OS. The last few leaks that I've downloaded (.419, .530, .548) I installed by using the Load OS feature in BBSAK and it worked great. Easier even than Shink-A-OS in my opinion. I haven't even had to uninstall or move the older OS folders when doing this, it just always installs the newest one. It even works for installing hybrids. I installed Irethuns .530 hybrid this way.

By the way, .548 is working great for me so far. I also use Opera Mini 5 as my primary browser so the link double click issue is not a big deal for me.
    The "Load OS" option in BBSak and the "Loader" option in Shrink-A-OS are both just a shortcuts to AppLoader (C: > Program Files > Common Files > Research in Motion > AppLoader > Loader)
    03-13-10 11:10 AM
    I went from .419 to .484 and noticed lots of lags and poor performance. .484 had some serious memory leak. I was losing approximately 20-25MB a day. The battery was a little better though and was worth some of those issues. .530 had some issues reported like re-booting when you holstered the device so I never upgraded to that one.

So far with .548 I have noticed zero lag - very smooth and fast transitions between screens/apps. Memory is so much better - starting with 112.6MB and have only lost 5.4MB since before midnight. The browser is faster though I have not timed previous OS. Have not had the link clicking issue yet...

So anyone want to speculate on this?
    03-13-10 11:10 AM
    I went from .419 to .484 and noticed lots of lags and poor performance. .484 had some serious memory leak. I was losing approximately 20-25MB a day. The battery was a little better though and was worth some of those issues. .530 had some issues reported like re-booting when you holstered the device so I never upgraded to that one.

So far with .548 I have noticed zero lag - very smooth and fast transitions between screens/apps. Memory is so much better - starting with 112.6MB and have only lost 5.4MB since before midnight. The browser is faster though I have not timed previous OS. Have not had the link clicking issue yet...

On .484 you would lose 25MB A DAY? That's odd..I been using .484 since release and I havent noticed a leak, maybe 5MB over a week but thats pushing it.
    03-13-10 11:20 AM

You need to check which apps you are running and close or remove some of them. Losing 20-25 MB a day is NOT normal. Even losing 5+ MB is not something you should expect, especially after a clean install. You must be running a memory-intensive app. Look into it and see if you can afford to uninstall it (them).
    03-13-10 11:23 AM
    You need to check which apps you are running and close or remove some of them. Losing 20-25 MB a day is NOT normal. Even losing 5+ MB is not something you should expect, especially after a clean install. You must be running a memory-intensive app. Look into it and see if you can afford to uninstall it (them).
    Indeed. Something is hogging that memory. 1-3MB a day is about average, although it should be on the low side(1-2MB) a day depending on the device. Make sure you're closing applications properly when exiting them. I would remove all and install one by one to find out which is using all the memory.

@jorGeorge: Please quit being a word gangster on the blogs please... :P
    03-13-10 11:31 AM
    @jorGeorge: Please quit being a word gangster on the blogs please... :P
    Hahahaha, I'm sorry but it's not my fault if no one on this site can take a joke!
    03-13-10 11:39 AM
    I used DM to upgrade without any problems. As far as 548 goes, I also have the browser link issues (I just press the enter key as I hover over the link and I'm OK) and I am also having the app-switcher issue that others have reported. I like the key lock/standby feature. Everything else, seems OK from Bluetooth to all my apps (some needed a new login) but because of the appswitcher and the browser problem, I may revert to 419.
    03-13-10 12:05 PM
    Has anyone been able to replace the browser on this? I tried loading the 545 and 421 browser but neither work. It boots to a java console when I try to replace the browser.
    03-13-10 12:49 PM
    I used DM to upgrade without any problems. As far as 548 goes, I also have the browser link issues (I just press the enter key as I hover over the link and I'm OK) and I am also having the app-switcher issue that others have reported. I like the key lock/standby feature. Everything else, seems OK from Bluetooth to all my apps (some needed a new login) but because of the appswitcher and the browser problem, I may revert to 419.
    My only major issue was the link problems other than that everything was awesome. Completely forgot that i could press enter on the link, thanks for the reminder got so use to using my trackball
    03-13-10 01:08 PM
    If anyone wants, I believe the Verizon PTT software can be downloaded:

I posted about it here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/do...e-tour-437073/

It looks like you need .530 or .548 because the MPTT module is needed.
    03-13-10 01:32 PM
    I was satisfied with the responses posted here, so I installed it. So far so good. It was the easiest upgrade ever, including the last official Verizon one, back when I was much younger.
    03-13-10 01:42 PM
    is there a valid download link anywhere?

EDIT: excuse this post, i haven't had coffee yet, i found it
    Last edited by katiepea; 03-13-10 at 03:27 PM.
    03-13-10 03:24 PM
    New features isint really the gripe I have - its the same bugs that have been present since the beginning that are still not addressed with every new leak, and every new OFFICIAL OS....that's frusturating. Someone else asked me to address these bugs in hopes that RIM is reading these posts...I shouldn't have to keep reiterating what hundreds of others have already been complaining about since day one. We know what the bugs are, the features that done work, that have never worked....they've been addressed over and over again, with no fixes. What astounds me is that the hybridizers can complie the best pieces of each OS leak, and come up with an incredibly fast OS, with great battery life, and other improvements...while the actual sw devs at rim keep rolling out "official OS's" that are just now starting to catch up to what any number of hybrids have accomplished months ago. The leaks are showing us what they've been working on, but really...what's improved? I'll defend BB all day long, but realistically, nothing is improving. The only changes have been some GUI changes from stock to the latest official 5.0, and threaded SMS. Oh wait, they added a boot screen. Almost forgot.

Since when was anyone expecting to get new features out of these OS leaks? The whole reason why anybody cares to take the time and load any OS (in this case at least) is to hopefully find a version with LESS bugs and glitches than the previous version. It's a sad truth, but it's reality. I don't look forward to new OS leaks because they will bring new features, I look forward to them because I'm hoping they will fix the horrible battery life, lag, and general bugs than can be found in every single other leak. I'm NOT trying to defend RIM, but I think it's unrealistic to expect new features with each new version.
    03-13-10 04:47 PM
    cant get this thing to load up, every time i hit a button the verizon logo pops up? whats wrong, im trying to connect it to the computer and im getting nothing, whats up.
    03-13-10 07:05 PM
    i cant figure out why a company like RIM international company can't get these things right?
    03-13-10 07:23 PM
    great, every time i battery pull it does the same thing, takes forever with the blackberry logo and the bar screen and then it goes to the verizon screen and then the screen goes black, push a button and it does the same thing.
    03-13-10 07:28 PM
    mine did the same thing the first few times but now its running and booting up without any problems
    03-13-10 08:00 PM
188 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD