hmm so this is the first time ive tried out a leaked/unofficial os.. downloaded the file, installed it, loaded up desktop manager but when it says an update is available it still says 4.7.1 and the 5.0 os is no where to be found.. any advice?? i really wanna try this out!
    03-12-10 01:38 PM
    hmm so this is the first time ive tried out a leaked/unofficial os.. downloaded the file, installed it, loaded up desktop manager but when it says an update is available it still says 4.7.1 and the 5.0 os is no where to be found.. any advice?? i really wanna try this out!
    i always use shrink a os and just click on launch loader. Always seems to work and desktop manager seems to work about 1% of the time
    03-12-10 01:41 PM
    did you delete the vendor file?
    03-12-10 01:44 PM
    Loaded fine, Berrybuzz works, as does Berryweather, QuickLaunch, Ubertwitter, Google Sync, Slacker, Assistant Premium, AppWorld, Vlingo, Teather, BBOSalert, QuickPull, SmrtGuard, Google Voice, BerryJoose..... and others

No Holster reboot as with .530
    03-12-10 01:44 PM
    @kyky hmm maybe ill try that..

@otkeeper no i did not...i thought you didnt have to if you have verizon??
    03-12-10 01:47 PM
    @kyky hmm maybe ill try that..

@otkeeper no i did not...i thought you didnt have to if you have verizon??
    im pretty sure you have to..if it was an official verizon release you wouldn't have to..delete vendor and try again it should fix the problem.
    03-12-10 01:52 PM
    Can someone please test Beyond160 on this leak? It halfway worked on 5.0.0.430 (meaning it showed up under messaging but apparently wouldn't actuallys end) which is an improvement over 5.0.0.484. Thanks.
    03-12-10 01:53 PM
    Besides trying to delete the vendor.xml file, also make sure that you're internet connection is disabled.
    03-12-10 01:56 PM
    Can someone please test Beyond160 on this leak? It halfway worked on 5.0.0.430 (meaning it showed up under messaging but apparently wouldn't actuallys end) which is an improvement over 5.0.0.484. Thanks.
    I'm pretty sure Beyond160 does not work with any version of 5.0.
    03-12-10 01:57 PM
    What's this browser click issue? mine appears to function normally
    03-12-10 01:58 PM
    FWIW, the PTT control under options that allowed you to enable/disable PTT is no longer there. I haven't had an issue with the multi-click link problem like .530.
    03-12-10 01:59 PM
    tried deleting vendor.xml and still same thing.

loaded up shrink a os and it seems to be loading fine right now. woo!
    03-12-10 02:00 PM
    I'm pretty sure Beyond160 does not work with any version of 5.0.
    it semi-worked on .484 BUT the sms's werent being sent. just appeared to have been sent.
    03-12-10 02:01 PM
    So let's figure out the difference between those running with click perfect browsers and those without.

I didn't care for holster, PTT or whatever on 530 but that annoying hidden click spots were dumbing this thing down.
    03-12-10 02:08 PM
    this OS is running Extreamly smooth! No issues what so ever that I can see
    03-12-10 02:25 PM
    Hey all... just wanted to throw in my two cents.
    I had a flawless install. My boot time was about 8 minutes. Did a few battery pulls to work out the kinks and seems to load up now in about 4ish. I had the browser clicking issue when I was downloading apps. But I haven't had it happen while browsing MLB.com or crackberry.com. Something to keep my eye on tho.

I do have one issue that is annoying. When I'm browsing and get a txt or email, I hold the BB button to switch screens. It seems to be unbelievably sensitive and I'm having a hard time getting the icon I want. Has anyone else encountered this? Or maybe have a fix? The sensitivity is perfect any other time. Just have the problem when using the native browser...
    03-12-10 02:39 PM
    I am having a little problem with clicking on espn.com
    Some things it works on, some the cursor disappears and it highlights the next link on the page. Pretty odd. I am going to do a battery pull and see what happens
    03-12-10 02:44 PM
    Nothing to see here...another leak with absolutely ZERO new features. Also, all of those irritating bugs that have been present since day one with the Tour are still present. Things like the wrong alerts chiming, certain features not working as designed-that NEVER have, and other common oversights that we find here after a day of use. I keep hoping that a leak, or even an official OS will address some of these longtime issues...but looks like were still waiting. Sorry, am just frusturated...I've been running hybrid OS's for a while now, so good battery life, fast browser, no lag, all things I've been used to for months now. These OS's as they leak really haven't developed....at all. I would love to know just WHAT is going on over at RIM!?!!! Glad I'm not a stockholder anymore. Noone knows what's going on over there. Ugh!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 02:51 PM
    W/ .530 and some hybrids earlier my address book got all jacked up.

Has anyone had any problems like this with this leak?

Also I noticed w/ 530 that messaging would frequently freeze and lag dramatically.

Any input on these issues for this leak?

-Stephen
    03-12-10 02:56 PM
    Nothing to see here...another leak with absolutely ZERO new features. Also, all of those irritating bugs that have been present since day one with the Tour are still present. Things like the wrong alerts chiming, certain features not working as designed-that NEVER have, and other common oversights that we find here after a day of use. I keep hoping that a leak, or even an official OS will address some of these longtime issues...but looks like were still waiting. Sorry, am just frusturated...I've been running hybrid OS's for a while now, so good battery life, fast browser, no lag, all things I've been used to for months now. These OS's as they leak really haven't developed....at all. I would love to know just WHAT is going on over at RIM!?!!! Glad I'm not a stockholder anymore. Noone knows what's going on over there. Ugh!

I completely agree. It astounds me what we are willing to put up with. I have not upgraded to any 5.0 OS. All versions after the original 5.0 should be to fix problems and make things better. Sounds like they fix one thing and break 2 others. Still have not seen them address faults on the Tour that have been there from the beginning. I would be fired for such work.
    03-12-10 03:00 PM
    I was just about to install dv7 last night... good thing I didn't. Ill probably get around to this if there is good feedback.
    03-12-10 03:05 PM
    I didn't delete any files and all is well. The ptt files wasn't causing us the reboots .530 sfi radio caused the reboots. This leak is a solid one just need a fix for clicking on links while browsing sucks other then that I'm impressed so.....

Hmm. If It Has A Issue When Clicking On Links While Browsing, I Will Stick To .419

.419 Has Been The Best Stable 5.0 OS So Far For The Tour Yet.
    03-12-10 03:25 PM
    Installed it. No browser clicking issue. So far so good.

Edit: Browser clicking problem exists after playing around for awhile. Click: cursor disappears, Click: cursor disappears, click: goes to linked page. Seems to always go on the 3rd click.

Boot time after 2 battery pulls: 4:45
    Last edited by TravellingFool; 03-12-10 at 03:55 PM.
    03-12-10 03:34 PM
    Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing a delay/lag when going into the Calendar and pressing A to jump to Agenda View?

Also, I've noticed the USB Mass Storage Mode is quirky now. Takes a while for my computer to recognise it as a drive.
    03-12-10 03:35 PM
    Been running this like a hour and so sar seems solid. I noticed before I loaded I did see the ptt files in here but no holster reboots so .530 just have a bad radio. The browser to me is not as fast as .484 and I'm on sprint others may feel different. All my apps are working the only thing I did notice which I can call a bug is it take me like 2 or 3 times to click on a link when I'm browsing the net other then that she solid.

I actually had that on .530. Thought it was me at first. may have been but.....
    03-12-10 03:46 PM
188 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD