thanks. i'm aware of the selection screen. I swear that the Sprint build did not have the google local search as an option.
    04-03-12 10:42 PM
    I can't recall ever seeing that icon. To be honest I never knew you could use it that way, I always just used it for internal stuff.

-----
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using the CrackBerry app!
    04-03-12 11:20 PM
    thanks. i'm aware of the selection screen. I swear that the Sprint build did not have the google local search as an option.

I'm on sprint too, it's been in every build for me, I know because I've had to uncheck it every time to remove it from universal search....here I went in and checked it off to show you it is definitely showing up on my sprint phone in .340

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    chi-town311 likes this.
    04-03-12 11:26 PM
    This is only for Verizon? Would I be able to install it even if I'm on Sprint?
    Check your device for software updates. My Sprint 9850 is currently on 7.1.0.457 and shows an OTA update available for 7.1.0.921.
    04-04-12 08:45 AM
    Check your device for software updates. My Sprint 9850 is currently on 7.1.0.457 and shows an OTA update available for 7.1.0.921.
    I am confused... why are we even messing the .340 when .921 is available?? And where is it available?
    04-04-12 09:36 AM
    It's not. He is mistaken. He is looking at the wrong number. He's looking at Bundle #. Bundle 457 is OS 7.1.0.163. A very early release.
    Last edited by 1magine; 04-04-12 at 09:53 AM.
    swiedom and centsofreason like this.
    04-04-12 09:42 AM
    .921 Bundle is actually OS 7.1.0.267. Just a bit behind the leaked .340.
    centsofreason likes this.
    04-04-12 09:55 AM
    Yep looking at package version.
    04-04-12 09:56 AM
    anyway... I am running .340 and it is working great. No memory leak (didn't have one before though). Boot time is crazy fast.
    04-04-12 10:08 AM
    yea, I'm such ajerk for helping him help himself, when i didnt have time to type it all out right then....instead of being stuck waiting and dependent on others to hold his hand and lazy....thanks for showing me who the forumdouchebag is though

Okay. To be fair, I just checked your post history, which is full of help for fellow members in need. So maybe you're not the forumjerk.

However, a post of a picture "teaching" someone how to search, LMGTFY posts, and other such posts are some of the most annoying things here. I'd rather read trolls' posts than snobby search advocates'.

So perhaps I jumped the gun on your overall forum persona a bit, but I stand behind my irritation with that single post and others like it.

As for my being the forumdouchebag, well, I can handle that. Nothing beats bearing a title that screams of low expectations. Nowhere to go but up from here.

all that being said, I'm loading up this version today and I'll post any findings I have regarding the word learning symptoms I mentioned earlier and any workarounds I find.

Cheers
    04-04-12 10:13 AM
    At the very first moments of operating my 9850 with .340 I only noticed the slightest bit of lag in scrolling through the message app and on Twitter which I would guess is natural since it was using those programmes for the first time.

It loaded all my previous apps back onto the phone, BeWeather stopped working but an uninstall/reinstall fixed all that.

I'm just now testing to see how battery life is, im also using the browser with and without Wi-Fi.

I do see more memory is available through the application management. And using the keyboard more often like I am doing now I see the response has improved. It used to be that, for me at least, the keyboard seemed to always have a hard time catching up to what I was typing it lagged and I don't type fast; it wouldn't complete words (so thy wold look like ths somtims)

So far so good.

-----
    Last edited by Undenied; 04-04-12 at 03:01 PM.
    04-04-12 02:58 PM
    I'm on sprint too, it's been in every build for me, I know because I've had to uncheck it every time to remove it from universal search....here I went in and checked it off to show you it is definitely showing up on my sprint phone in .340
    Click to view quoted image

Man, you are killing me. Maybe it was another build then. If it wasn't, then I am an . I definitely loaded an OS and then rolled back because I thougth it was missing. I use the local search all the time for navigating.

Thanks
    04-04-12 03:08 PM
    Man, you are killing me. Maybe it was another build then. If it wasn't, then I am an . I definitely loaded an OS and then rolled back because I thougth it was missing. I use the local search all the time for navigating.

Thanks

you're welcome, this is the third or fourth OS I've loaded on my 9850's and I believe the fourth on my 9930...2 of them were the sprint officials, and who knows where the other ones were from at this point, but they all had it I'm sure! either way, none of that matters, this build for sure has it...load it up and enjoy

just to update my experience with it....

still running smooth, fast....memory leak still there, but better than .267, reboot at 223mb after 14hrs around 190ish! battery life seems a lot better for me, at 20% after 14hrs, on 267 I would be charging after 7-8hrs, thats with facebook and twitter refreshing every hour, screen brightness 10%, mostly wifi browser (according to my usage screen 4hrs 23min), almost constant bbms, few sms and mms, took 20+ pics and 3 or 4 videos, watched a few videos (maybe 20-30min), bluetooth off and no talk time because realistically I don't want to hear anyones voice that badly! signal is almost always at 5 bars, on the rare occasions its drops to 3 or 4 bars in my garage it quickly jumps back up to 5

only problem I've had is with the "camera pictures" folder on one 9850, it loads and scrolls down through the pics fine, fast as always....but when I scroll back up it lags, doesnt show the pics just a black screen, and the heading line shows up partially or repeatedly in the middle of the pics....until get all the way back to the top when it will load them all perfectly again! this hasn't happened with any other os
    I've had on it and all the other picture folders load and scroll perfectly, not to make excuses but I do have 4200+ pics on the memory card, and I did some os shrinking before I loaded it, so it's possible that I removed something I shouldn't have

Last edited by mrtouchedme; 04-05-12 at 08:38 AM.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    04-05-12 08:35 AM
    @chi-town311: We Bold users are experiencing the same camera pictures bug with this build.
    04-05-12 09:00 AM
    @chi-town311: We Bold users are experiencing the same camera pictures bug with this build.

I assume this is in response to me, good to know it's not something I removed when shrinking...was just thinking about starting over with the full OS to see if that changed anything

jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-05-12 09:06 AM
    I assume this is in response to me, good to know it's not something I removed when shrinking...was just thinking about starting over with the full OS to see if that changed anything

Yep, my bad. Creepy username you got there.
    04-05-12 09:08 AM
    Yep, my bad. Creepy username you got there.

yea, your's too :/

04-05-12 09:12 AM
    Same camera picture bug. Plus - for some reason, my install lacks the google local search option. And a number of others it seems. The local search is the only one I care about though. Might go back to official. Could this have something to do with not having the proper service books or maybe an incompatibility with Verizon?

Any ideas how I can get the option added for my universal search. The box isn't available in the list of data sources/extended providers in the search options.
    04-05-12 09:12 AM
    yea, your's too :/

That's what my ex-wife said.....and worse.

ANYWAY, I'm looking forward to the next build that I'm sure will address this issue. Hoping to see some new features too.
    04-05-12 09:18 AM
    Same camera picture bug. Plus - for some reason, my install lacks the google local search option. And a number of others it seems. The local search is the only one I care about though. Might go back to official. Could this have something to do with not having the proper service books or maybe an incompatibility with Verizon?

Any ideas how I can get the option added for my universal search. The box isn't available in the list of data sources/extended providers in the search options.

oh, I misunderstood what you said earlier....I thought you meant you were on sprint, my fault! I'll have to ask my friends on vzw that are running this os to see if they have the local search option!

04-05-12 09:21 AM
    oh, I misunderstood what you said earlier....I thought you meant you were on sprint, my fault! I'll have to ask my friends on vzw that are running this os to see if they have the local search option!

No problem. Thanks again. What I was trying to say is that when I loaded the Sprint version on my VZW phone, the google Local Search option disappeared. I guess I didn't make that clear. It still seems weird to me that some of those options disappear based on the OS.
    04-05-12 10:26 AM
    From 10:00am until 2:45pm
    68%

1st hour: 6.0%/hr
    2nd hour: 11.0%/hr - highest CPU time was awarded to the Messaging app (4.86%)
    3rd hour: 5.0%/hr
    4th hour: 5.0%/hr

On the 2nd hour I received 6 emails, sent 2 emails, browsed CrackBerry forums thru its own app, a few SMS messages and briefly used the Maps app to look for a store. Under 5 hours and my battery is down to 68%? I don't see this as an improvement on battery life.

No major memory leaks that I can see. I'm still at about 149 MB. By half day I used to go down to about 60MB to 80MB and had to use QP, but I installed BeJoose last night and memory seems more solid.
    04-05-12 04:55 PM
    seems better to me, on .267 after 5hrs I would be at 20-25%, and under 10% around 7-8hrs! today i havent used my phone nearly as much as yesterday, still wifi browser randomly (usage says 1hr 37min), couple emails, 30-40 sms, facebook and twitter still running hourly refresh and responding to 3-4 messages in both, spent about an hour exploring cb forums with app, and 3 bbm convos off and on....took off charger at 10am its now 8pm, and battery level is at 60%

04-05-12 10:00 PM
    I'll give .342 a shot, see if there's a change.

-----
    04-06-12 01:42 AM
    update on battery, dropped below 10% around 4am, only change in usage posted previously was a 45 min phone call unfortunately
    since 10am yesterday device analyzer battery drain was typically 3-5% per hour, except during the phone call 9-10% per hour... average drain from 10am-midnight 4.83% per hour and midnight-4am 6.47% with the phone call

04-06-12 06:57 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD