Ok...explain how to do this part: update your profile and prl in network options, update service books

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-02-12 11:54 PM
    Have you ever downloaded a leaked os? If not, search the forums on "How to download a leaked os" and follow the instructions. Also, put a bookmark on "how to debrick" just in case!
    I have not. I'll be searching threads and prep before I attempt anything. Thanks If you're successful with your son's Torch, let us know.
    Last edited by Undenied; 04-03-12 at 02:31 AM.
    04-03-12 02:07 AM
    Wow. This is way different than the Storm days. Must not be a lot of 9850 users around.

IN any case, I'm currently downloading, but am curious about SureType typing. Does it learn your habits like it used to before teh 7.1 updates? If you don't know what I'm talking about, try to type "be [space]" in SureType mode. Does it give you "("? If that happens, type "be" and where it says "br" select "be" from the options. Then type "be" again? does it still prioritize "br"? do it a few times? Does it still prioritize "Br"?

If you hvae no idea what the heck I'm talking about, let me know. This is just one example of a few annoyances that came with 7.1

In any case, I'm super excited we 9850 owners got a leak.
    Well, I'm sure there's less people with torches out there. Second, I don't think people need leaked OS's like they did before. With the storm it could mean the phone quits freezing and restarting, or getting the camera to work. I just pay attention and want the added features.
    04-03-12 02:14 AM
    This build for 9860 leaked like a sieve...just like the previous 7.1 release. Is anyone looking at memory leaks with this os yet?
    04-03-12 05:30 AM
    After 12 hours or so I have experienced the following . . .

Much faster booting.
    Much less memory leaking.
    It also seems a little bit smaller (more available memory after install with the same apps).

I upgraded from 7.1.0.267 Sprint.
    04-03-12 05:38 AM
    After 12 hours or so I have experienced the following . . .

Much faster booting.
    Much less memory leaking.
    It also seems a little bit smaller (more available memory after install with the same apps).

I upgraded from 7.1.0.267 Sprint.
    Dan, hey did you notice an increase in speakphone volume? I'm pretty sure I've noticed an increase in volume while on speakerphone, but nobody else has seemed to mention it. It's been a huge gripe about the torch, which they finally fixed with this build.

You're right about the faster booting, I think the progress bar while booting is a little thicker than previous builds.
    04-03-12 06:11 AM
    Well, I'm sure there's less people with torches out there. Second, I don't think people need leaked OS's like they did before. With the storm it could mean the phone quits freezing and restarting, or getting the camera to work. I just pay attention and want the added features.
    I think the second is the main thing... I'll install this leak just because I want to not because I NEED to for my phone to work properly
    04-03-12 07:11 AM
    Installed last night. No comment yet as I haven't done much.
    04-03-12 07:24 AM
    I've never had a problem with my speaker phone volume, and it seems to be exactly the same on this build..loud and clear

04-03-12 07:40 AM
    I had issues with 7.1.0.163. Always locking up for five to ten seconds. I run lots of apps apps -215MB moved up to 7.1.0.267 and its better all around. Will try 7.1.0.340, BBM Music not really an issue with me. Will report back soon.
    04-03-12 07:50 AM
    What is in this release that makes me want to install it? I am just curious if there is some huge improvement that I cant live without. Any info would be appreciated
    04-03-12 08:24 AM
    So lets get back on topic. How's this OS. Should I install it on my phone. I'm running 7.1.0.163.
    Go ahead. Install it and contribute to the conversation here.

And we are on topic. We're discussing findings and things we want to find out.

Click to view quoted image

Found him, everyone. I found the forumjerk.
    Last edited by bobaloo; 04-03-12 at 09:19 AM.
    04-03-12 09:16 AM
    Installed yesterday afternoon. So far:

Boot time is a LOT faster. - last build threw me back to the Storm2 days of the 10+ minute boot time... now back down to a few minutes

Memory leak - about the same as the past 7.1 builds I have installed ... meaning NOT good... still a heavy leak.

Will have to wait a few more days to give a verdict on the battery life.

Other than that.... all apps seem to be working well etc

It did free up a bit more memory for me.

I guess even despite the same bad memory leak, I am glad I upgraded so far since the re-boot time is a lot shorter.

and there is my $.02
    04-03-12 01:40 PM
    I tried installing it using the instructions found throughout the forums. But nothing happened. It didn't ask me if I wanted to update the OS, just if I wanted to install or remove some apps and that's it.

I deleted the vendor file, did everything according to instructions. I even checked to see if I had another OS installed on my laptop (which I did so I uninstalled it), installed this leaked one, but nothing happened.

Should I wipe my whole device first?
    04-03-12 03:34 PM
    I tried installing it using the instructions found throughout the forums. But nothing happened. It didn't ask me if I wanted to update the OS, just if I wanted to install or remove some apps and that's it.

I deleted the vendor file, did everything according to instructions. I even checked to see if I had another OS installed on my laptop (which I did so I uninstalled it), installed this leaked one, but nothing happened.

Should I wipe my whole device first?
    Did you delete 1 or 2 vendor files? Using DM or loader?
    04-03-12 03:51 PM
    Did you delete 1 or 2 vendor files? Using DM or loader?
    One vendor file. Is there more than one? I used the application loader.
    04-03-12 04:02 PM
    04-03-12 04:10 PM
    Hey guys, one quick question. I haven't loaded yet, but one thing that annoyed me about the previous non-verizon OS I loaded was that it was missing some features from the universal search. I use the universal search a lot and it bugged me to i reverted back to the official from verizon. The missing feature was a google local search icon which brought up blackberry maps. This is not the same as the Blackberry maps icon. The google local search will search the local area for specifc restaurants/stores/etc. The BlackBerry maps shortcuts defaults to the address search which does not help when searching for the nearest convenience store.

Can anyone confirm whether or not that icon is there in the extended search?
    04-03-12 05:06 PM
    +1 for me on all..

Installed yesterday afternoon. So far:

Boot time is a LOT faster. - last build threw me back to the Storm2 days of the 10+ minute boot time... now back down to a few minutes

Memory leak - about the same as the past 7.1 builds I have installed ... meaning NOT good... still a heavy leak.

Will have to wait a few more days to give a verdict on the battery life.

Other than that.... all apps seem to be working well etc

It did free up a bit more memory for me.

I guess even despite the same bad memory leak, I am glad I upgraded so far since the re-boot time is a lot shorter.

and there is my $.02
    04-03-12 06:41 PM
    Long long time lurker but first time posting. CB is my first stop every morning for a few years because of my major ocd. I have been installing OS leaks for a while so If someone needs help I can connect remotely and help with install...if that is OK with mods/rules.

edit: it was meant as a reply for 'undenied' or anyone else
    04-03-12 06:47 PM
    Thanks, Marka. I tried it again and it worked flawlessly

And thanks, kbz1960, that little CMD file did real well, too. I'll need time to test it out and report back anything I notice. Cheers!
    Last edited by Undenied; 04-03-12 at 07:17 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-03-12 07:14 PM
    I am glad you got it to work
    04-03-12 07:20 PM

yup, it's there

04-03-12 07:31 PM

you can go to the search screen on any of the os6 or os7/7.1 builds, press bb key, select search options, and check or uncheck the places/searches/history you want to show up when doing a universal search...which includes maps and google local search, just make sure they are checked

Found him, everyone. I found the forumjerk.
    yea, I'm such ajerk for helping him help himself, when i didnt have time to type it all out right then....instead of being stuck waiting and dependent on others to hold his hand and lazy....thanks for showing me who the forumdouchebag is though

04-03-12 08:11 PM
    mummy daddy stop fighting.

PJD642 likes this.
    04-03-12 09:03 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD