04-02-12 11:08 AM
    ill be downloading this to my sons' Torch tonight!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-02-12 02:03 PM
    Here a much quicker mirror:

9850AMEA_PBr7.1.0_rel1140_PL5.1.0.273_A7.1.0.340.e xe
    Download 9850AMEA PBr7 rel1140 PL5 273 340 exe
    04-02-12 02:05 PM
    Just installed this on my 9850...

So far I have an issue with BBM Music, upon launching it tries to connect to BBM and keels over with an "Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_bbcm_app(336) is not responding; process terminated".

Anyone else having this issue?

Some nice things I've noticed: The media server is now listed under 'Networks and Connections' instead of needing to go into Music -> Options.

*** UPDATE: Deleting and re-installing BBM Music has fixed the issue ***
    Last edited by russnash; 04-02-12 at 02:36 PM.
    04-02-12 02:13 PM
    Was there a fix for DM? I am still stuck on that?

A how to link for a borked Desktop Manager?
    04-02-12 02:29 PM
    Wow. This is way different than the Storm days. Must not be a lot of 9850 users around.

IN any case, I'm currently downloading, but am curious about SureType typing. Does it learn your habits like it used to before teh 7.1 updates? If you don't know what I'm talking about, try to type "be [space]" in SureType mode. Does it give you "("? If that happens, type "be" and where it says "br" select "be" from the options. Then type "be" again? does it still prioritize "br"? do it a few times? Does it still prioritize "Br"?

If you hvae no idea what the heck I'm talking about, let me know. This is just one example of a few annoyances that came with 7.1

In any case, I'm super excited we 9850 owners got a leak.
    04-02-12 03:17 PM
    Wow. This is way different than the Storm days. Must not be a lot of 9850 users around.

IN any case, I'm currently downloading, but am curious about SureType typing. Does it learn your habits like it used to before teh 7.1 updates? If you don't know what I'm talking about, try to type "be [space]" in SureType mode. Does it give you "("? If that happens, type "be" and where it says "br" select "be" from the options. Then type "be" again? does it still prioritize "br"? do it a few times? Does it still prioritize "Br"?

If you hvae no idea what the heck I'm talking about, let me know. This is just one example of a few annoyances that came with 7.1

I had that issue. annoyed the outta me. I went into autotext and deleted that. along with "he" becoming "hr" becoming "hour"

i'll get this one tomorrow
    04-02-12 03:51 PM

I had that problem. I just went into options>typing language>word substitution. I found br and deleted it. Problem gone.
    04-02-12 03:53 PM
    I had that issue. annoyed the outta me. I went into autotext and deleted that. along with "he" becoming "hr" becoming "hour"

i'll get this one tomorrow
    I had that problem. I just went into options>typing language>word substitution. I found br and deleted it. Problem gone.
    Two things:

1) I use those substitutions sometimes in landscape keyboard mode.
    2) That's not a solution, it's a workaround. What's happening is my phone doesn't learn my preferred words anymore. it used to. It used to know that I typed Easter a of a lot more than raster. If it got confused, I just had to select Easter once and it would know to put that word up by default.

Go ahead, type "Easter." you'll see at the last letter it changes to "raster." can't do anything about it except create an auto-text. again, taht's a workaround, not a solution. And there are far too many instances where I am annoyed by the preferred word learning missing. I can't make an auto-text for all of them.

So here's hoping this leak brings back the word learning.

Cheers
    04-02-12 04:07 PM
    Here a much quicker mirror:

9850AMEA_PBr7.1.0_rel1140_PL5.1.0.273_A7.1.0.340.e xe
    Download 9850AMEA PBr7 rel1140 PL5 273 340 exe
    There is nothing to download there?
    04-02-12 04:23 PM
    This is only for Verizon? Would I be able to install it even if I'm on Sprint?
    04-02-12 04:34 PM
    This is only for Verizon? Would I be able to install it even if I'm on Sprint?
    Have you ever downloaded a leaked os? If not, search the forums on "How to download a leaked os" and follow the instructions. Also, put a bookmark on "how to debrick" just in case!
    04-02-12 04:38 PM
    Two things:

2) That's not a solution, it's a workaround. What's happening is my phone doesn't learn my preferred words anymore. it used to. It used to know that I typed Easter a of a lot more than raster. If it got confused, I just had to select Easter once and it would know to put that word up by default.

Go ahead, type "Easter." you'll see at the last letter it changes to "raster." can't do anything about it except create an auto-text. again, taht's a workaround, not a solution. And there are far too many instances where I am annoyed by the preferred word learning missing. I can't make an auto-text for all of them.

Cheers
    Delete the custom word dictionary database with dtm...and make sure all the word learning options are checked of in keyboard options on your phone
    04-02-12 04:38 PM
    Two things:

Cheers
    yes! thought i was the only one that noticed this with 7.1. hope this issue is addressed either in this build or in an update.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-02-12 06:12 PM
    So lets get back on topic. How's this OS. Should I install it on my phone. I'm running 7.1.0.163.
    iusebb and mansonhouse like this.
    04-02-12 08:06 PM
    So lets get back on topic. How's this OS. Should I install it on my phone. I'm running 7.1.0.163.
    Go for it and go back if you don't like it. I personally like to find out things for myself.
    04-02-12 08:10 PM
    i'm going away in two days for 10 days. I don't know if I should start screwing with this until after I'm back. Just in case I have issues.
    04-02-12 08:12 PM
    Was there a fix for DM? I am still stuck on that?

A how to link for a borked Desktop Manager?
    anyone? response?
    04-02-12 08:40 PM
    i'm going away in two days for 10 days. I don't know if I should start screwing with this until after I'm back. Just in case I have issues.

runs great, smooth, fast...browser seems quicker, and i have about 10mb more available memory on reboot! installed 4hrs ago battery has dropped 10% with almost constant internet browsing on wifi...not bad, I know thats not a good time example but its all I have to go off of at this point! I'd install it, doesnt seem like there's much to worry about, everything seems to be working well
    anyone? response?
    no problems with dtm here....use apploader if you cant figure out dtm, it's faster anyway

04-02-12 11:08 PM
    I've had it installed for a couple of hours with no problems, this installation went very smoothly. But I've had installation problems in the past so I understand your concern. To me it seems like a solid build with everything I have tested functioning like it should

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-fixes-713695/
    04-02-12 11:13 PM
    Does this fix the mobile hotspot option disappearing??
    04-02-12 11:22 PM
    Does this fix the mobile hotspot option disappearing??

if it disappears, just resend service books, not a big problem and easy to fix on whatever os you're running

**and I don't think it's the os itself, it's your carrier, mine has never disappeared and I've installed all versions of 7.1 so far

Last edited by mrtouchedme; 04-02-12 at 11:35 PM.
    04-02-12 11:33 PM
    if it disappears, just resend service books, not a big problem and easy to fix on whatever os you're running

Using .163. How do i resend the service books? Is it the same as registering it, cuz I've been doing that from morning.
    04-02-12 11:36 PM
    Using .163. How do i resend the service books? Is it the same as registering it, cuz I've been doing that from morning.

you can do it under host routing table or in email setup....I would update your profile and prl in network options, update service books, clean memory and battery pull! If that doesn't work, talk to your carrier they are probably blocking it

04-02-12 11:40 PM
    you can do it under host routing table or in email setup....I would update your profile and prl in network options, update service books, clean memory and battery pull! If that doesn't work, talk to your carrier they are probably blocking it

Ok...explain how to do this part: update your profile and prl in network options, update service books
    04-02-12 11:47 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD