Did you enable single profile scanning? That seems to be the only way it works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ok, I enabled single profile scanning, and when I scan for a network my home network is detected. When I click on it, it tells me that my wireless router supports WiFi protected setup, then it asks me to connect using a pin which my BB generates. My choices are to click cancel, which does nothing, or click next, which gives me a pin #. But what the **** am I supposed to do with the pin #? It's not like I can enter the pin into my router like the dialogue box instructs me to?

This is frustrating. Everything about this OS seems to be an improvement over .411, at least for my purposes. But no WiFi is a total dealbreaker for me.

I could really use some help here. I went to the WiFi forums but couldn't find any usable info.
    01-31-10 08:00 AM
    After reading your comments it is clear that this leak version has got issues with keypad lock and wi-fi connectivity problems but they are solvable problems.

so i would like to ask experts here is it worth upgrading this version or not?
    01-31-10 08:02 AM
    To get mine to work I enable "single profile scanning". Once this was "checked" my wifi hooked up and took off. Still waiting for someone to tell us what single profile scanning is.....
    01-31-10 08:04 AM
    New issue. After the restore I've lost my icon for my @blackberry email account. I have messages, and sms, but no email.

Never mind, fixed it.
    01-31-10 08:29 AM
    To get mine to work I enable "single profile scanning". Once this was "checked" my wifi hooked up and took off. Still waiting for someone to tell us what single profile scanning is.....
    I don't have issues with wi-fi. It works great even without enabling "single profile scanning�
    The only glitch I faced is auto lock. It solved my setting up password.

01-31-10 09:14 AM
    Been using this OS on the Bold for 24hrs now , so far its a better build than .411 , and haven't really tried connecting to the Wi-Fi so can't comment on if there is an actual bug , but as for the keypad lock mine still works as it did on older OS's ... I didn't do a Wipe with this one so maybe its only affecting those who wiped there device clean .. Just a thought .

01-31-10 09:22 AM
    After 1 day of use, I can say that the battery life is really good: few phone calls (20 minutes), few e-mails and SMS sent, connected on the 3G network all the time and the battery still got 75% of its charge. We'll see in the next few days if it keeps going like that.
    01-31-10 10:08 AM
    so is there anyone else having SMS issue? (I read about 2 people having a delay when receiving their sms)... I haven't upgraded myself
    01-31-10 10:19 AM
    SMS, and MMS both seem to working great on this end. No delays....
    01-31-10 10:27 AM
    I didn't even know * could lock my phone. Anywho, gonna give this a try; although my life depends on the lock feature.

01-31-10 10:53 AM
    Does anyone know how stable this os is????
    Its stable , but YMMV
    01-31-10 11:45 AM
    Been running this leak for a day now and waaaaaaay better than the previous 5.0 leaks!

-wifi doesn't have any issues with my set profiles
    -phone boots faster
    -way faster in apps and other things

My only worry is; twitter apps and music player seem to suck up some memory and cause some leaks..

The lock issue is something to get used to I think.. A few days more and nobody would mention it anymore.. I mean if the devices came standard with this feature nobody would notice it in the first place! it's not like we have a dedicated lock button like some other models on top of the device. I only liked the convenience of the key

01-31-10 11:55 AM
    I just loaded this OS with no real issues. I was still running 4.6 since I haven't wanted to do all the patches to make it work for AT&T. I did have to delete my Wifi profile and redo it, no biggie. For the most part it's great and I love it. It's a huge improvement. The only real annoying thing I've come across is the home screen being whited out, and all the folders are the same when they are opened. I only saw one other post even mentioning this. Is everybody seeing this and is there a fix?

01-31-10 01:31 PM
    Been running this leak for a day now and waaaaaaay better than the previous 5.0 leaks!

-wifi doesn't have any issues with my set profiles
    -phone boots faster
    -way faster in apps and other things

My only worry is; twitter apps and music player seem to suck up some memory and cause some leaks..

The lock issue is something to get used to I think.. A few days more and nobody would mention it anymore.. I mean if the devices came standard with this feature nobody would notice it in the first place! it's not like we have a dedicated lock button like some other models on top of the device. I only liked the convenience of the key

The 'K' key is the dedicated lock key. Suprised no one has mentioned that.
    01-31-10 01:39 PM
    feel free to get some of the latest OS's hosted on my site http--digitallyill.com/mobile anyone got any older OS's that dont have really early ones feel free to send it to me i dont mind hosting it. im only uploading for the 9000/9700 curve 8900 for the berry until the site gets a bit larger then i can expand but for now its for personal use. thanks ill read about whats good about this 464 latter. cheers
    01-31-10 02:37 PM
    Am i the only one, or the Google Mobile Apps doesn't seem to work properly for me?

I can search, however after searching, i cannot seem to get to highlight the link and click it so that it launches the browser.
    It's as if the apps is made for touch phones?

Anyone has the same problem? I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, battery pull etc.

Please help
    01-31-10 03:00 PM
    Am i the only one, or the Google Mobile Apps doesn't seem to work properly for me?

I can search, however after searching, i cannot seem to get to highlight the link and click it so that it launches the browser.
    It's as if the apps is made for touch phones?

Anyone has the same problem? I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, battery pull etc.

Please help
    I just loaded up .461 on my 8900 and I'm absolutely loving it -- and Google Mobile App seems work beautifully on it. I just fired it up, allowed it to use "my location" for searches, and searched for "coffee". Clicked a link on the results, it opened the BB browser and took me straight to the site. All appears normal from here...
    01-31-10 03:46 PM
    I'm on the 9000.. perhaps its only the .464 that has this issue?
    01-31-10 03:50 PM
    I'm on the 9000.. perhaps its only the .464 that has this issue?
    dont have that issue here... try uninstalling google maps and re-install?
    01-31-10 04:02 PM
    The 'K' key is the dedicated lock key. Suprised no one has mentioned that.
    Mines a speed dial key... how did u "dedicate" it?
    01-31-10 04:03 PM
    downloaded lastnight everything seems to work jus fine. i dnt use the phn lock so i havnt checked that. bt seems good, ql,music apps, maybe a issue wit opera mini. other than that im keep using it.
    01-31-10 04:07 PM
    dont have that issue here... try uninstalling google maps and re-install?
    Also check permissions -- I've set all permissions to "allow". Maybe your "interactions" permissions are blocked?
    01-31-10 04:07 PM
    Mines a speed dial key... how did u "dedicate" it?
    Went into "Speed Dial Numbers" in the Phone Options section and found "Lock Keypad" designation where A is. .464 is using Standby as the equivalent of locking.
    01-31-10 04:10 PM
    I'm still waiting on an east asia release of this...
    01-31-10 04:16 PM
    how does google map have anything to do with google mobile apps?
    01-31-10 04:16 PM
477 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD