I am on 238 for about 5 weeks and have not had one re boot. Other problems but not re boots

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 08:54 PM
    went back to the most stable 5.0 os which is .238
    12-02-09 08:58 AM
    I did my upgrade to .348 and what ?
    Its working Superb i am simply loving the new additions
    12-05-09 08:16 PM
    guys, long time and no leaked/official upgrade, whyyy !!!
    seems they r busy with the new 9700
    12-06-09 04:22 AM
    I did my upgrade to .348 and what ?
    Its working Superb i am simply loving the new additions
    Yes, unless yo are a AT&T user most people are quite happy about the stability of this OS version. There are quiete a number of small issues to solve yet, but I also think that this version is extremely good compared to any previous 5.x OS for the Bold.
    12-06-09 08:30 AM
    OOOPS :P Back to 4.6 hheheheheheh

well it worked well 5.0.0.348 for two days but then it strated restarting like 10 times a day i downgraded to .314 still same. now have reverted back to 4.6

Come on RIM come with 5.0 pleazzzzzzzzzzzz
    12-09-09 11:17 AM
    The one thing I will say is. Except for batt life. The 5.0.238 has been the most stable. I am on ATT Bold and I am happy with the system.

12-09-09 11:33 AM
    Guys i have tried 5.0.0.411 FW currently its working very smooth n excellent response no slows no sms issues nothing. currently working on BIS in a while will try this on BES Plus. Lets See...So Far So Good
    12-10-09 09:24 AM
    Did you lose the Browser and have to go through the BBSK. I'm on 238 and there are a couple of things but Batt life will be the difference for me to switch. 238 batt life stinks if I really use the phone allot.

12-10-09 10:54 AM
    Did you lose the Browser and have to go through the BBSK. I'm on 238 and there are a couple of things but Batt life will be the difference for me to switch. 238 batt life stinks if I really use the phone allot.

Nop no abnormal behavior experienced yet its working absolutly perfect and there isnt much diff in bettery life
    12-11-09 12:14 AM
    Did you guys restore all your data (calendar, contacts, email) from 4.6 to OS5, ok? Thats my mine issue and still wondering whether i shall install a leaked ver or not..
    12-11-09 12:54 AM
    Did you guys restore all your data (calendar, contacts, email) from 4.6 to OS5, ok? Thats my mine issue and still wondering whether i shall install a leaked ver or not..
    Yea no issue at all You can go ahead with Upgrade
    12-11-09 02:32 AM
    guys, long time and no leaked/official upgrade, whyyy !!!
    seems they r busy with the new 9700
    I assume RIM is waiting for sell as many 9700s as they can and then they will launch official OS5 for bold... For the moment i stay with 4.6.. No time for games
    12-12-09 02:07 AM
    what games? you realize that RIM DOESN'T RELEASE OPERATING SYSTEMS right? and that the 'leaks' are carrier builds, and they carriers are the ones who release them as official, it has nothing to do with RIM what-so-ever. and also, a new version just leaked, and it's the best build the bold has ever seen, .411, rim also doesn't sell phones, so rim literally has no idea or say or in when an operating system comes out, guess that makes your entire statement moot. you can restore everything just fine with the 5.0.0.x builds, .411 works great, i would recommend you just get over it and realize the only difference between the leak and official is the words.
    12-12-09 02:55 AM
    what games? you realize that RIM DOESN'T RELEASE OPERATING SYSTEMS right? and that the 'leaks' are carrier builds, and they carriers are the ones who release them as official, it has nothing to do with RIM what-so-ever. and also, a new version just leaked, and it's the best build the bold has ever seen, .411, rim also doesn't sell phones, so rim literally has no idea or say or in when an operating system comes out, guess that makes your entire statement moot. you can restore everything just fine with the 5.0.0.x builds, .411 works great, i would recommend you just get over it and realize the only difference between the leak and official is the words.
    So what are the software updates that DM tells to do? If they are not official, then why doesn't RIM allow DM to automatically update with latested Leaked ver? And how do I know whether each carrier's relase is reliable enough?
    12-14-09 04:56 AM
    So what are the software updates that DM tells to do? If they are not official, then why doesn't RIM allow DM to automatically update with latested Leaked ver? And how do I know whether each carrier's relase is reliable enough?
    if DM tells you to update, it's giving you the latest official update from your carrier, it has nothing to do with RIM. carriers are the only ones who release OS's. you don't know if a carriers OS is reliable, thats what these forums are for. i would forget about the word 'official' if i was you, as it means nothing, just do your research on here. RIM doesn't allow leaked OS upgrades in DM because uh, it's just that, like i stated earlier, RIM has nothing to do with people getting new OS's. the leaked versions you see are generally leaked from people that work for carriers. the carriers receive beta os's to test, and then they leak from there. RIM isn't going to bypass it's agreements with carriers and start releasing OS's themselves.
    12-14-09 01:13 PM
    Well.. thanks for the info.. Did not know these details..
    12-15-09 01:07 AM
    how do you fix the booting problem??
    01-18-10 02:14 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD