We like to test new software thats why we have Blackberrys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Test them, or, fool around with them?
    11-13-09 12:36 PM
    The new released 4.6.0.304 works great. I have no issues. I dont get it either.
    boredom.

11-15-09 10:44 PM
    I installed 5.0.0.348 and now my battery life sucks. Only stand by, no calls no messages, empty in 4 hours. (I have this issue with every OS 5.0.xxx)
    I've downgrade it to 4.6.0.304 and the battery life is ok now.
    11-16-09 05:34 AM
    5.0.0.348 messed up my Bold! Had the rebooting loop issue, finally got it to stop with bbsak. Now the LED won't light up nor do I get a audio notification either. Grrrrrrr!
    11-16-09 09:13 PM
    running smooth...almost 2 day..2 times reboot only and it's because vodafone update and berrweather app..after uninstall...no more reboot..batt life, 1/2 day and my batt still full..happy with .348
    11-17-09 02:11 AM
    boredom.

I guess we have different idea's about entertainment. ******* up my phone doesn't sound like a good time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 02:56 AM
    What's the main difference(s) with the upgrade?
    11-17-09 03:39 AM
    i still don't get why people always mess with betas.
    because 'officals' are just betas renamed by a carrier, i still don't get why people post when they don't know what they're talking about either, but ...there you are, doing it... RIM doesn't release firmware, carriers get them and then they decide whether or not to call it official, this build including .314 work differently for different networks, and either could be an official build, this one just doesn't work for att
    11-17-09 12:30 PM
    5.0.0.348 messed up my Bold! Had the rebooting loop issue, finally got it to stop with bbsak. Now the LED won't light up nor do I get a audio notification either. Grrrrrrr!
    well theres several hundred (ALL) att users who have posted that this build didn't work for att.. did you see any of those?
    11-17-09 12:31 PM
    Have downloaded it 8 hours ago and had my first reboot 20 seconds ago. I love this OS, but lets hope it doesn't reboot that much.

Can't wait to the official release.

By the way, does anybody know which OS (5.0.0.XXX) has the leasest reboots? I also have 5.0.0.100 on my computer, installed it before .348 and then removed it and installed .348.
    So, which 5.0.0.XXX OS doesn't reboot that much or at least is stable?
    11-19-09 11:37 AM
    So, which 5.0.0.XXX OS doesn't reboot that much or at least is stable?
    They say 5.0.0.238 is most stable...
    11-19-09 08:01 PM
    Oke, this is really bugging me.
    On my previous OS (4.6.303) every SMS in my inbox pops up first if I receive a new SMS. Below the new received SMS my typed text was there and also earlier sended messages.

Now, with this 5.0.0.348 all messages received from 1 contact are put below eachother in 1 message. How can I make it just like OS 4.6.303, so that they come out below eachother
    11-20-09 05:26 AM
    Oke, this is really bugging me.
    On my previous OS (4.6.303) every SMS in my inbox pops up first if I receive a new SMS. Below the new received SMS my typed text was there and also earlier sended messages.

Now, with this 5.0.0.348 all messages received from 1 contact are put below eachother in 1 message. How can I make it just like OS 4.6.303, so that they come out below eachother
    you don't, this was the single most requested feature of all time for the blackberry OS, theres no option to get it the way it was. if you want it that way downgrade back to 4.x
    11-20-09 05:27 AM
    you don't, this was the single most requested feature of all time for the blackberry OS, theres no option to get it the way it was. if you want it that way downgrade back to 4.x
    Oke, no problem, but I owned a 8820 before my Bold. The issue I noticed with that device is that the device loads a message slower if much more messages a below the just sended one. Is this also the issue with this OS? Like will the phone load messages much slower because he has to load much messages?

What do you mean by saying: "this was the single most requested feature of all time for the blackberry OS"? Have people been waiting for this option or what?

Long story short, I've had 2 reboots since I've installed this OS, so kinda stable. I love this OS, my Bold is awesomely fast, everything is very fast and without problems, so to me this OS is a keeper. Can't wait for the official release
    11-20-09 08:53 AM
    just Installed this Os. 5.348, I like it so much, because ihave back My memopad in this Os,
    since I installed this in my bold..., This os was almost 4 times Reboot, a day
    and the last Reboot was making my Bbm App dissapears and I must Re download my BBM app... and Lost all of my BBm contact

does anyone have recomendation for me.."
    which Os should I install in my Bold?
    i think, i want to Move out from 348...
    Thanks For help
    11-20-09 09:52 AM
    Anyone knows an answer on our questions?
    11-20-09 11:29 AM
    just Installed this Os. 5.348, I like it so much, because ihave back My memopad in this Os,
    since I installed this in my bold..., This os was almost 4 times Reboot, a day
    and the last Reboot was making my Bbm App dissapears and I must Re download my BBM app... and Lost all of my BBm contact

does anyone have recomendation for me.."
    which Os should I install in my Bold?
    i think, i want to Move out from 348...
    Thanks For help

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...CC37D323.node2

Everything works with this OS.
    11-20-09 11:58 PM
    Just upgraded to 5.0.0.348 last night, but my e-mail is not working. I have 3 accounts - hotmail, gmail, and BIS. My BIS seems to be working, but I only get the odd one from Gmail, and none from Hotmail. Anyone else having issues?
    11-21-09 07:54 AM
    Seriously this OS rocks. To me it's very solid and have it like 5 days right now and haven't had a reboot for about 3 days. But this was after I deleted app world and Mini Opera 5.0.

Definately a keeper.

Does anyone already have an answer to my question in post #39?
    11-24-09 12:43 AM
    Works fine for me i have it installed for about a week now an i had +- 4 reboots last reboot was last friday.

So far so good for me
    Battery life however improved a lot for me
    11-24-09 02:43 AM
    Batterry life sucks.... I have random reboots especially while browsing or gtalk chatting. There is a "Reset" application in applications list. I have deleted but it is coming back. I have edited its permissions and blocked all but rebooted more quickly...
    11-26-09 05:42 AM
    I tried this on a spare bold.
    Wiped via BBSAK.
    Used shrink OS to get rid of stuff I dont need.
    Removed memory card prior to install and until all applications were installed.

In the past 3 days no random reboots at all, MAYBE memory is leaking a bit as its now down to 20mb after 3 days but not seeing any ill effects.
    No sms/browser issues or anything else to report.
    Using BT and WIFI - all is fine.
    Battery life is just as good as the 4.6.297 ATT version I was running.
    Dont have too much installed beyond facebook, gmail client, and a couple of gps nav softwares.
    I am on BES - synced in less than 20 minutes - I have at least a 100 emails coming in every day so its getting a good workout.
    Using a plasmic 7 icon theme - works just fine.
    BBM 5 obviously.
    I manually installed via bbsak Hebrew fonts as this version did not support input in hebrew and even that worked great.

Have to say after trying all the previous betas, this is the best one to date for me.
    No complaints so far.
    Last edited by johnch; 11-29-09 at 09:53 AM.
    11-29-09 09:46 AM
    hi ive been using this os for my unit which comes from at&t...but im using here now at the philippines wit globe telecom..i encounter about 6-8times reset since i installed it yesterday...it reboots when i use my wifi and try to connect to a wifi spot and accidentaly put the wrong key for it my unit reboots...thats my only problem...damn reboot...and sometimes my device memory gets corrupted and i always repair it...now im back with the 4.6.0.307 os...got scared that my device memory be damaged...
    11-29-09 10:12 AM
    trying again the 5.0.0.348 os...so far not rebooting for me now..i wiped and factory reset first my unit with bbsak 1.7 didnt use any backups..manualy send all my contacts from my other fone via bluetooth..keep u guys updated
    11-30-09 06:52 AM
    i still don't get why people always mess with betas.
    me working for a wireless co. and 5.0 working on 9700, its too nice!
    12-01-09 06:24 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD