So far liking this OS, but it is really to soon to tell... So far I have noticed- faster and smoother screen navigation, faster browser, faster start-up, and I prefer this lock mode- I was constantly putting it into standby prior.
    03-05-10 02:04 PM
    Good afternoon, I have a question. Actually I'm running 5.0.0.330 on Tmobile. I want to give a try to this leak. Beside backing up all my data, should I do something else ? . . . will I be able to go back to my old OS if something goes wrong ? . . . thank a lot in advance . .
    03-05-10 02:09 PM
    wow that is all i can say. wow. this is quick. WOW
    03-05-10 02:09 PM
    Good afternoon, I have a question. Actually I'm running 5.0.0.330 on Tmobile. I want to give a try to this leak. Beside backing up all my data, should I do something else ? . . . will I be able to go back to my old OS if something goes wrong ? . . . thank a lot in advance . .
    Very helpful to save your 3rd-party data as well...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

It works very well. And yes you can go back if need be.
    03-05-10 02:11 PM
    How's the battery life? I had upgraded to .442 and it killed my battery life, so i had to wipe and re-install .423.
    03-05-10 02:12 PM
    What if this whole thing malfunctions and I'm teleported into Romulan space? That could be serious...
    Maybe I'll wait for an official os...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 02:12 PM
    Can anyone help? Ive installed this on my PC, but the only options i get on upgrade is .296 and .405.

Tried to delete the Vendor File, no dice.
    03-05-10 02:15 PM
    So Don't I need to erase the vendor file ?
    03-05-10 02:16 PM
    Just found something new. When typing in a text, the font gets bold if you have pressed the del key.
    03-05-10 02:22 PM
    Alt+enter will lock the device if you have a password assigned.

03-05-10 02:23 PM
    Although I'm aware the mute key does not function as standby anymore, it seems my lock key doesn't work properly. After loading .536, I pressed the lock key to either lock or standby and what it does is the screen goes black, instantly, then about a second later, comes on, flickers off for a tenth of a second then comes on and stays on again. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    03-05-10 02:27 PM
    So Don't I need to erase the vendor file ?
    I did and it wouldn't hurt do delete it. So far I'm loving the OS. I like how it locks up right away after pressing the lock button which should have been that way from day one.

03-05-10 02:30 PM
    Alt+enter will lock the device if you have a password assigned.

Good find, and possibly better than the 'k' shortcut which I was already missing and dreading the left convenience key assigned to password lock. To think I almost added password lock to quicklaunch
    03-05-10 02:32 PM
    How's the battery life? I had upgraded to .442 and it killed my battery life, so i had to wipe and re-install .423.
    I think battery life will take a while to figure out. I'm down to 95% after it fully charged during the upgrade. That actually seems pretty good, as I've been playing with the phone non-stop for the two hours since. OTOH, I haven't been on any long calls or streaming music, so who knows?
    03-05-10 02:32 PM
    Also - and again, I'm not sure if this is a difference or not - the application switcher looks different somehow. Like when you hold alt-esc. Can anyone else confirm this?
    Do you really press ALT+ESC to launch the App Switcher?
    Just hold the MENU button!
    (Has been in place from 4.6 and onward.)

hmmms was the name at the buttom before?
    i think it used to be just the icons
    correct me if im wrong
    Looks exactly the same to me.. from the icons to the box around them.
    Yep, App Switcher has always shown the app's name in its bottom left corner.
    03-05-10 02:35 PM
    This thread was started at 10am don't you think it's too soon to tell?

03-05-10 02:35 PM
    Do you really press ALT+ESC to launch the App Switcher?
    Just hold the MENU button!
    (Has been in place from 4.6 and onward.)
    It's just an ingrained habit, I guess. I've known about the MENU key, but just do it the other way. I also don't scroll through the apps, but repeatedly hit ESC. Maybe because I'm used to ALT+TAB in Windows.
    03-05-10 02:39 PM
    The browser is faster than .442. Reboot time is faster as well. I think I like the new lock function better. So far no complaints.
    I have a 2 minute and 35 second reboot which is a big improvement from 442. This so far is the best 5.0 OS IMO.

03-05-10 02:39 PM
    For those complaining that the BB comes out of Standby when pulled from holster, please understand that placing the BB in the holster puts it in Standby.
    They have blended Standby & Lock, so:
    If you have a holster with the sleeper magnet, there's no point in placing in Standby first.
    03-05-10 02:41 PM
    sprint's tour software update changed the lock button similar to this update too. its the new button scheme from now on
    03-05-10 02:44 PM
    My browser goes like s**t off a stick, A massive difference in speed
    Same here, 442's browser had the speed of a turtle while this new beta is noticeably faster. I'm pretty impressed.

03-05-10 02:44 PM
    Just found something new. When typing in a text, the font gets bold if you have pressed the del key.
    I guess i dont understand:

if you delete something while typing the text, then all your text turns bold?
    03-05-10 02:45 PM
    For those with lock function changes, are any of you on a BES with an IT policy requiring a password? Wonder if that will change anything. Curios before I do the upgrade as I am on a BES with an IT policy forcing me to use a password.
    03-05-10 02:54 PM
    GRRRRR! I am so P*SSED that I'm stuck at work for another HOUR! You guys with all your happy upgrade talk are KILLING me!
    Last edited by brindaarnold; 03-05-10 at 03:03 PM.
    03-05-10 02:55 PM
    03-05-10 02:57 PM
753 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD