Nope, that option is loooong gone
    -sighs I wish they would but that back that's the only reason I don't upgrade to another os I'm too OCD with organization and having things exactly the way I like it. Thanks for the fast response though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 05:56 PM
    the switch between 2g-3g is terrible!!! and the lack of the standby mode is unacceptable!
    Could you explain a little more what you mean about the 2g-3g ?
    03-05-10 05:56 PM
    im+ lite works for me.. and my lock button on the top works .. the only issue i see is the other button on the top which I never used anyway..
    03-05-10 05:59 PM
    If locking with a password is a must then go to your screen/keyboard settings under options and assign (password lock) as one of your convenience keys either left or right. Now instead of hitting the top left lock key all you have to do is press either your left or right convenience key. Hope this helps some people.
    03-05-10 06:03 PM
    so it boots very quickly. bad news, tho:

theres no trace of any teleportation features anywhere.

guess i'll just have to keep waiting for 6.0
    03-05-10 06:07 PM
    OS installed, was pretty painless, got all my 3rd party apps up and running again with no problems.
    Seems I like the new lock feature a lot. Makes a lot more sense to me.

Twitter, facebook and googletalk all up and running fine.

Haven't tested bbm yet, tho I don't foresee there being any issues, got a group message through as soon as the OS was loaded and the radio was back on.

Boot time is about the same.

The browser does seem faster, this may not be true but it just seems that way, could be a total placebo effect.

Going to have a crack at nimbuzz, see if it works on this build.

Flashlight app
    Buzzmepro
    Quicklaunch
    Meterberry
    Fixmo tools
    Dictionary.com
    Beweather
    Googlemaps
    Iloveblackberry

All working perfectly.

03-05-10 06:13 PM
    so it boots very quickly. bad news, tho:

theres no trace of any teleportation features anywhere.

guess i'll just have to keep waiting for 6.0
    What? no teleportation?! that sucks

But does this build make the phone the phone any lighter or shinier? LOL

On a serious note. Thanks to those that have tested this out. Going to install it once I get the CJK fonts to install properly.
    03-05-10 06:14 PM
    Standyby? It is working for me just like 442 just with the screen messages a little different. My screen still dimms after a few minutes of inactivity.

Last edited by shansmi; 03-05-10 at 06:26 PM.
    03-05-10 06:22 PM
    I am using AutoStandby. It still does work, but only if you choose "Lock" as the function. Choosing "Standby" or "Both" no longer work. And you have to press the Lock button to bring it out of standby, not the mute button.
    Well that sucks. I guess. I may load this later this weekend. Have to read the rest of the thread. Thanks for the feedback!
    03-05-10 06:23 PM
    Please help me, I already installed it the software but there's no listing on my DM for this new software. Please help me out!!! Thanks. I've tried the loader under: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader; there's no files either. I have no clue. I'm with AT&T BB9700.
    03-05-10 06:28 PM
    Hmm autostandby is not fully compatible with the 9700 by the authors own admission. At least for me off the CB software site, it is flagged with a red X. Some things may work but others may not.

03-05-10 06:31 PM
    Could you explain a little more what you mean about the 2g-3g ?
    this firm is very slow in the switch between 2g-3g.... i have h3g an i'm often in roaming....(h3g is only 3g operator)
    Last edited by manuelino; 03-05-10 at 06:34 PM.
    03-05-10 06:32 PM
    Downloaded early this afternoon via my work PC...and so far, this is a solid build. Everything seems quicker and smoother, but that's always the case with a new build. Browser is definately faster downloading most pages...and there is a definate improvement in incoming call clarity and volume. Thumbnail pic outline is darker and more clearly defined than with .442 and all apps I have loaded work perfectly.

Too early to tell about battery life...but since .442 was a bit of a battery hog, any improvement would be stellar.

I look to see this go "official" soon from some service provider soon!
    03-05-10 06:41 PM
    I would love to see this firm go official. The standby button on the top seems to be the most common issue that I'm running into. Not that I minded, since all I ever use to do is lock the phone.

I do dislike that when locking the phone I'm not able to bring up the screen to check the time/etc without having to unlock the phone. I also dislike having to use the unlock button all the time to unlock the device. alt+* use to work perfectly with other updates, shame that it doesn't in this one.

I'm testing the battery to see what goes on with that.

Other then those little peeves - I may actually keep this update. Everything looks way crisper.
    03-05-10 06:47 PM
    I'm now having an issue with texts not being opened whether I click over it or hitting menu open. Still won't open. I've done a few batt pulls and it fixes it temp. Then starts again. Not looking so good now this leak.

03-05-10 06:48 PM
    With .442, my blackberry freezes for a couple seconds after I unlock it. It usually happens when its locked over an hour. Does anyone have this issue with this OS?

03-05-10 06:50 PM
    Ok, exactly what in the world am I missing? There is NO standby button on top of a 9700. There are lock and mute buttons.

Is this different per carrier or something?

03-05-10 06:54 PM
    quick question! ok soo installation went really great! but after i did it.. my mb went from 95 to 88. well according to the bberry world... is that correct? is my mb suppose to go that lower?
    03-05-10 06:56 PM
    Ok, exactly what in the world am I missing? There is NO standby button on top of a 9700. There are lock and mute buttons.

Is this different per carrier or something?

The mute button, on other os's, when it's held down leads to the phone entering standby.
    03-05-10 06:58 PM
    hmm updated it the lock key I suppose is something I will just have to get use to, but I have password lock come on after 10mins anyways so no biggie.

What annoyed me the most was all my themes was reset to default so had to do all the icons all over again but that once again is not a biggie just annoying.
    03-05-10 06:58 PM
    I just manually locked my phone to 2G and it went to EDGE just fine. The voice quality was fine on the one 3g to 2g call I made and of course data rates were much less than 3g.

Last edited by shansmi; 03-05-10 at 07:09 PM.
    03-05-10 07:06 PM
    Also if you have any contacts with the letter G or Y or any undercase letter that extends at the bottom, expexct to see part of the letter cut off in the sms conversation header.

03-05-10 07:09 PM
    Thank you
    03-05-10 07:10 PM
    :P uuhms,,,,, but it not like u gonna use it when its in holster right soo uuhms?
    ummm... then the keyboard would be UNLOCKED and it would dial by accident.... right, so um... DUH. that would defeat the point of having a LOCKED keyboard. GET IT? probably not.
    03-05-10 07:15 PM
    Also if you have any contacts with the letter G or Y or any undercase letter that extends at the bottom, expexct to see part of the letter cut off in the sms conversation header.

I see that too. Seems they boo boo'd the size of that window allocation up in the title of any SMS thread. It looks fine down in the thread itself.

So far I am happy with battery life. I started with a full charge. I have done 3 device resets, numerous posts here, launched and used every application (all listed on p19), several test emails, test sms messages, hit several websites via wifi, 3g and 2g, used the GPS for a bit as well as about 20 minutes worth of voice calls via the handset as well as BT.... It is at 87% per meterberry this is all with BT and wifi constantly on but maybe not connected.

03-05-10 07:18 PM
753 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD