9700/5.0.0.545

Ill be holding off
    Good info. Thanks.
    03-05-10 03:00 PM
    GRRRRR! I am so P*SSED that I'm stuck at work for another HOUR! You guys will all your happy upgrade talk are KILLING me!
    LOL! Me too.
    03-05-10 03:00 PM
    The browser is faster than .442. Reboot time is faster as well. I think I like the new lock function better. So far no complaints.
    Issues I wasn't completely happy with on .442. I can't wait to download this later tonight.
    03-05-10 03:03 PM
    anyone else seeing an error after u lock the phone that says "the charging source is connected to your blackberry device cannot charge your phone"

its a true message though since i don't have a charger attached.
    03-05-10 03:17 PM
    Can anyone help? Ive installed this on my PC, but the only options i get on upgrade is .296 and .405.

Tried to delete the Vendor File, no dice.
    delete the vendor file and make sure you are not connected to the internet. Youre probably still connected and its just giving you the option to go with the carriers official os for att
    03-05-10 03:20 PM
    Any change to sms conversations? Specifically: in os 5.0.0.442 when you receive a new sms, you must either press "r" or scroll down to the text input field. Is this still the case in this os?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i've never had that problem
    03-05-10 03:20 PM
    delete the vendor file and make sure you are not connected to the internet. Youre probably still connected and its just giving you the option to go with the carriers official os for att
    worked flawlessly without a vendor file or internet. thanks!
    03-05-10 03:32 PM
    We need a detailed review not just "this is the best os yet!". Ok.....
    03-05-10 03:33 PM
    I have not seen that one. Thats kinda odd...

anyone else seeing an error after u lock the phone that says "the charging source is connected to your blackberry device cannot charge your phone"

its a true message though since i don't have a charger attached.
    03-05-10 03:35 PM
    I have not seen that one. Thats kinda odd...
    doesn't happen everytime to me.. its intermittent.
    03-05-10 03:37 PM
    Did this just start with this OS? Is this only upon locking the device?

doesn't happen everytime to me.. its intermittent.
    03-05-10 03:38 PM
    hmmm after installing and resetting everything to how i like it (putting stuff in the right places/folders) my berrybuzz was missing some settings so did a batt pull.

after my battery pull everything was screwed up as if it was a brand new install.

very annoyed and slightly worried if i have to do a battery pull again.
    03-05-10 03:38 PM
    I downloaded and installed the new OS. My impressions:

Upgrade/install went much faster than in previous OS upgrades

The lock button is a non-issue I think. Still works the same way, just better because it reduces power consumption.

Browsing is significantly faster! especially with wifi. 3G browsing is faster too.
    Google maps loads maps very fast now, even satellite images.

Everything on the 9700 seems much faster more responsive. I am happy and recommend this upgrade.
    03-05-10 03:39 PM
    Hello everyone. I'm new here and to Blackberry phones. I have a Bold 9700 with Bell Canada. If I install this leaked OS will my carrier settings for Bell remain? If not how can I upgrade and keep what I need? Thanks in advance.
    03-05-10 03:41 PM
    Oliv2915's link is a 30MB file, is that correct??
    03-05-10 03:44 PM
    Did this just start with this OS? Is this only upon locking the device?
    yep just started when i installed it this morning and it only occurs when i hit the lock button on the top of the phone. like i said though it doesn't happen everytime.

doesn't seem to be affecting anything right now. i may wipe the phone next week and reload it if i notice something. right now i'm just messing around with it.
    03-05-10 03:46 PM
    Thanks! I will keep a lookout. As I said I have not encountered this yet. So I dunno if it is device specific or what.
    yep just started when i installed it this morning and it only occurs when i hit the lock button on the top of the phone. like i said though it doesn't happen everytime.

doesn't seem to be affecting anything right now. i may wipe the phone next week and reload it if i notice something. right now i'm just messing around with it.
    03-05-10 03:49 PM
    For those complaining that the BB comes out of Standby when pulled from holster, please understand that placing the BB in the holster puts it in Standby.
    They have blended Standby & Lock, so:
    If you have a holster with the sleeper magnet, there's no point in placing in Standby first.
    How are you so sure that they are "blended"? When you push the end button or call button as like in previous versions, it only says "key pad is locked. Press the lock key to unlock" not "phone is in stand-by". So how are we to know for sure that this OS is properly putting the phone into stand by mode??
    03-05-10 03:57 PM
    IM+Lite seems to be having real issues on this build. Java exception errors and the interface doesn't render properly. I've uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail. Anyone else?

03-05-10 04:01 PM
    Downloaded, installed and been running for around 2 hours now. Media seems faster, the browser is faster. No noticeable bugs yet. I will report should I find any.

03-05-10 04:02 PM
    Wow...didn't realize how important the lock button was to so many people.
    03-05-10 04:03 PM
    Downloaded, installed and been running for around 2 hours now. Media seems faster, the browser is faster. No noticeable bugs yet. I will report should I find any.

Obviously too early to tell but I'm really curious about how battery management is going to fare under this OS. .442 was kinda a dog for battery management.
    03-05-10 04:03 PM
    It was important to me because I will put my device in password lock mode while at work as sometimes I leave it inside when I am working outside to prevent damage to the device. While I am away I dont want someone either stealing it and using it, or accessing the data on the device.

But since there is a good way to put the device into password lock mode, I am happy =)
    Wow...didn't realize how important the lock button was to so many people.
    03-05-10 04:07 PM
    excellent build! been using it the past 4 hours, and definate browser speed improvements, love the super fast picture previews in the media area, and the new lock will take a day or two to get used to, but i like it! Instant screen goes dark and instantly comes back when pushing the "lock" button on the top left of the phone!
    03-05-10 04:08 PM
    So to summarize all of the lock questions, if I have a password set, now that I cannot use the top button to lock the BB, how do I lock it so that my password is required to use the BB?
    03-05-10 04:41 PM
753 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD