Guys! It seems RIM has indeed failed to keep upto its earlier promise on the OS5 roolouts for the older BB devices! My Bold 9000 incidently very thirsty !! It desperately needs an "Official OS5 drink" !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 12:18 PM
    Wouldn't blame RIM, but your provider..

5.0 is availalble for all devices..It's up to your cell provider to release it.
    12-31-09 12:53 PM
    Wouldn't blame RIM, but your provider..

5.0 is availalble for all devices..It's up to your cell provider to release it.
    Wrong. Its not available for all devices, rather the few that have been released with it on the device. Its still in beta for all of the others (that will ever have it that is). Its up to the carriers to release it when they feel its stable enough to release. Based on current beta releases, RIM is close on some and not so close on others. The 9000 specifically has a decent release (5.0.0.411), but its not to the point that any carrier is going to release it just yet. After a few more builds it will probably come to light (officially that is!).

The provider doesn't build the OS. They simply approve/disapprove the builds that RIM releases to them.
    12-31-09 01:41 PM
    I just put OS5 .411 on my BOLD and you can feel confident to put that on. Very quick and no problems with it at all so far.
    12-31-09 01:48 PM
    A little searching would be a good thing.

Not all devices will get OS5 and it is not RIM that releases an OS to end users but the carriers. I would not expect an official release for any existing device until after the hype of newly released devices. This is classic - all carriers do it. I am betting all devices that you are seeing leaks for now will have an official OS5 release by late 1Q2010 or early 2Q2010.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD