Figure I'll leak this one, before .861 becomes official for our devices.

With all the BB10, Zed10 and Q10 news, the few of us that remain owners of 9810's have been pushed to the side. Even when I eventually upgrade to a Zed, my second line is slotted for my Torch. It's reliable, it connects to my PlayBook without issue...it just plain works. Here's my latest creation, in the effort to maintain and enhance our trusty devices.

There are a bunch of updates, to core apps, along with some new features. One that stands out is the wifi disconnect warning. I think it's cool. Faster boot times, and signal lock are also present. As usual, an overall balanced OS, with .825 at its core, and .861 running rampant.

Installation instructions: WARNING!!!

If you do NOT have experience in installing a hybrid or have not spent the proper time informing yourself about hybriding, DO NOT install this hybrid. Your device is not my device, and this hybrid and its parts my wreck havoc on your phone and its operating system. That said, anyone in need of additional support after a successful installation must provide a system read and report. If any of what I�m saying sounds foreign to you, DO NOT PROCEED.

As with the former Primes, installation is simple: download and save Lambda Prime.zip to your desktop, unzip the content to your desktop; next - if you haven't already - download and install OS 7.1.0.825 to your computer, once installation is complete, navigate to the Loader Files folder, open, and rename the official .825 folder "(official os)" and leave this folder open; drag and drop Lambda Prime's folder into the open Loader Files folder.

You are now ready to install a Prime hybrid OS.

I recommend using BBHTools to unshrink any apps that I've already shrunk - because I use alot of betas - then shrink to your liking.

As usual, I'm here to fully support Kappa Prime. If there's anything outside of the subject of this thread, that you may need assistance with, PM me.

Install and enjoy. Happ holidays

Mecca EL - OSBB team member

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwr-...it?usp=sharingLAMBDA PRIME for the Torch 9810-s13_02_07__10_38_20.jpg
    Last edited by Mecca EL; 02-07-13 at 07:21 PM. Reason: added image
    peteygrizz, tryfe, Azensun and 4 others like this.
    02-07-13 07:04 PM
    Been using this on what is now my girlfriends 9810 for over 24 hours and battery life appears to be excellent thus far. Also have it back on my 9900 and everything is smooth as silk, thanks Mecca!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-07-13 09:52 PM
    Blue battery is that a theme?
    02-07-13 10:05 PM
    Blue battery is that a theme?
    Yep, by Kisai Labs. It's in BB World
    02-07-13 10:09 PM
    Yep, by Kisai Labs. It's in BB World
    i thought u were against themes
    GilVaz likes this.
    02-08-13 02:16 AM
    Thanks for sharing.
    I don't like hybrid OS
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    02-08-13 05:09 PM
    I don't like hybrid OS
    Get a job.
    Blacklatino and newcollector like this.
    02-08-13 06:39 PM
    I don't like hybrid OS
    So why the h*ll are you posting ......HERE???

LOL. Read my sig!!
    02-08-13 10:07 PM
    Somehow, some way, you always manage to out do your last hybrid. I'm watching closely how the members are being picked apart after posting that there BB10s have issues......even those that may or may not get fixed by an OS upgrade. So, while we've(9810 owners) been neglected, that's cool. As of a few days ago, I'm in no hurry to upgrade to a new BlackBerry. Anyway, thanks for posting this awesome hybrid.
    Azensun and Legal Eagle like this.
    02-08-13 10:14 PM
    Get a job.
    ....and a life.
    Mecca EL and newcollector like this.
    02-08-13 10:15 PM
    Somehow, some way, you always manage to out do your last hybrid. I'm watching closely how the members are being picked apart after posting that there BB10s have issues......even those that may or may not get fixed by an OS upgrade. So, while we've(9810 owners) been neglected, that's cool. As of a few days ago, I'm in no hurry to upgrade to a new BlackBerry. Anyway, thanks for posting this awesome hybrid.
    This hybrid took some time, but works excellently. And although we're pushed to the side, can't deny that our trustworthy OS still shines. I'm ordering a few new housings for my 9810 now.
    Legal Eagle and Blacklatino like this.
    02-09-13 08:23 AM
    This hybrid took some time, but works excellently. And although we're pushed to the side, can't deny that our trustworthy OS still shines. I'm ordering a few new housings for my 9810 now.
    Couldn't agree with your more. With the help of people like you and the BL guys there is plenty of life left in OS7.

My 9900 does everything I want out of a phone and I have absolutely no interest at all in changing to a BB10 device.

Sadly even CB it's self seems to be forcing BB10 upon us. Have you noticed that the "quick links" to EVERY OS7 device at the top of the page have been replaced by BB10 related ones ?

Time for us OS7 devotees to revolt !!! CB of all people should remain objective and provide users of supposedly outdated devices who far outnumber Z10 owners with easy access to their forums.
    02-09-13 08:48 AM
    Couldn't agree with your more. With the help of people like you and the BL guys there is plenty of life left in OS7.

My 9900 does everything I want out of a phone and I have absolutely no interest at all in changing to a BB10 device.

Sadly even CB it's self seems to be forcing BB10 upon us. Have you noticed that the "quick links" to EVERY OS7 device at the top of the page have been replaced by BB10 related ones ?

Time for us OS7 devotees to revolt !!! CB of all people should remain objective and provide users of supposedly outdated devices who far outnumber Z10 owners with easy access to their forums.
    Absolutely agree. What I liked most about CrackBerry was this site showed love to all BlackBerry models and OS. Seems today, that OS10 is the new drug of choice, yet struggles to deliver the suggested high. OS7 and later, is a bottle of aged vine. OS10 is gas station go juice.

I will be buying a Zed, no doubt. But not to replace my beloved 9810.
    Legal Eagle and Blacklatino like this.
    02-09-13 09:08 AM
    Nice! Installing Lambda Prime now.
    02-09-13 09:19 AM
    Absolutely agree. What I liked most about CrackBerry was this site showed love to all BlackBerry models and OS. Seems today, that OS10 is the new drug of choice, yet struggles to deliver the suggested high. OS7 and later, is a bottle of aged vine. OS10 is gas station go juice.

Wonder how long it will be before you and I are accused of being Trolls and / or BB Haters by the "fanboys" because we are not on board with the BB10 program !!! LOL
    PiotrJot and Mecca EL like this.
    02-09-13 09:20 AM

I think the plethora of Z10 posts have to do with the new OS, the risky waters that BlackBerry is navigating to return to greater relevancy and prosperity, and the incredibly long wait for a new phone. Once all the foundational articles have been written on how to use the Z10 (things that are and aren't covered in the owners manual that people often do not read) and the tricks and shortcuts, then things will return to more normal around here.

I love my 9810 but when upgrade time comes in May, I'll be moving on to the Z10, I think. By then there will be OS upgrades and Link upgrades and Bridge upgrades to fix some of the bugs and little issues early adopters are finding (I hope). But my 9810 has been faithful and I've hardly had an issue with it.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-09-13 09:42 AM

So far. on my busiest day, my highest has been 3.1 as I allow the OS to settle down.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-09-13 10:06 AM
    Wonder how long it will be before you and I are accused of being Trolls and / or BB Haters by the "fanboys" because we are not on board with the BB10 program !!! LOL
    Would be a shame, for anyone to be foolish enough to call us the "T" word. As much as we've contributed...wouldn't be wise at all.

I'm pro BlackBerry. Even if OS10 fails. Yet, even the elders of us here, have every right to say "you know what...as it stands, BB10 sucks at the moment." without some zealot rant.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-09-13 10:51 AM
    Would be a shame, for anyone to be foolish enough to call us the "T" word. As much as we've contributed...wouldn't be wise at all.

I'm pro BlackBerry. Even if OS10 fails. Yet, even the elders of us here, have every right to say "you know what...as it stands, BB10 sucks at the moment." without some zealot rant.
    Having kept abreast of developments in the BB10 threads, sadly the "ranters" are out in force decrying anyone who has the temerity to say anything critical about the Z10.

What makes it worse is that many of those subject to the rants are long term BB users and contributors to CB.

Constructive criticism sadly seems to be frowned upon despite the common consencus amongst professional reviewrs that BB10 is immature and as it stands flawed.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-09-13 11:02 AM
    Having kept abreast of developments in the BB10 threads, sadly the "ranters" are out in force decrying anyone who has the temerity to say anything critical about the Z10.

What makes it worse is that many of those subject to the rants are long term BB users and contributors to CB.

Constructive criticism sadly seems to be frowned upon despite the common consencus amongst professional reviewrs that BB10 is immature and as it stands flawed.
    One of the main reasons I refrain from commentary, in those threads. I have nothing nice to say.
    Legal Eagle and TechFossil like this.
    02-09-13 11:14 AM

WOW !!!!!!!

Somebody out there is listening, looks like we may be getting our OS7 device links back !!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...s-back-769815/
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-09-13 11:46 AM
    One of the main reasons I refrain from commentary, in those threads. I have nothing nice to say.
    I haven't been so wise and got dismissed as a detractor for commenting that I would wait for BB10 to mature. It doesn't help that my post count is so low either. I loaded lambda prime and so far so good. Battery pull and settling time commences.
    Legal Eagle and Mecca EL like this.
    02-09-13 12:01 PM
    I haven't been so wise and got dismissed as a detractor for commenting that I would wait for BB10 to mature. It doesn't help that my post count is so low either. I loaded lambda prime and so far so good. Battery pull and settling time commences.
    Here's a tip. "you do you"....meaning....respect is a two-way street on here (some forget that) and post count doesn't equate to BlackBerry knowledge in all cases. Say what you mean and try and always try to be helpful. People will respect you more for saying what you believe in. Besides....it's the internet and some treat it like "liquid courage" on here.

Sent from my sexxy-azz, under- promoted BlackBerry 9810
    Mecca EL and Azensun like this.
    02-09-13 02:04 PM
    WOW !!!!!!!

Somebody out there is listening, looks like we may be getting our OS7 device links back !!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...s-back-769815/
    Yeah baybee!!! The elders have spoken!!
    02-09-13 04:49 PM
    Yeah baybee!!! The elders have spoken!!
    Good news for us!!!

Sent from my sexy-azz BlackBerry 9810
    02-09-13 05:18 PM
54 123