I archived and tranfered the Kindle app from my 9780 to my new 9930. It launched fine, but gave a message that I needed to delete my books and download them again. That happened in the past and I found that reinstalling the app finally fixed it.

However, Amazon doesn't list the new devices as supported so I can't download the app fresh. Has anyone else gotten Kindle to work under OS7?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 07:53 PM
    Not yet. .......
    08-30-11 08:54 PM
    Not yet. .......
    Hopefully soon...

It's one of few apps that i use regularly that is not supported.
    08-30-11 09:11 PM
    I had the same thing happen with Mobipocket eReader on my BB 9900 (ios7). It asked me to delete the books and re-download the books. So far so good I haven't noticed any loss in functionality except with touch screen option. Thats ok cause my 9700 didnt have the capability anyway.

I m going to give kindle a stab and see if there is some way to get that to work some how.

I wonder what file Amazon kindle download looks for on the blackberry device before it hands off the application download.
    09-06-11 03:11 PM
    I sent an email to Amazon support asking about when they would be supporting OS7 and the 9810 and got an email back simply stating that the 9810 was not supported at this time. Bummers Google Books does not support BB, but not exactly a shock.
    09-07-11 06:59 AM
    You can subscribe on their site and they will notify you when the 9930/9900 is supported.
    09-07-11 02:17 PM
    I sent an email to Amazon support asking about when they would be supporting OS7 and the 9810 and got an email back simply stating that the 9810 was not supported at this time. Bummers Google Books does not support BB, but not exactly a shock.
    The kindle app works just fine on my 9810, you might want to give it a whirl and see how it works.
    09-07-11 03:26 PM
    When the Kindle reader works on the Bold 9930, can someone do a screen shot and post please?

I use Kindle all the time on my Bolt and I love it! I'll probably get the BlackBerry Bold Touch with my next upgrade and I'm hoping all my favorite apps work on the BlackBerry by then.
    09-07-11 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD